What Does Your Diet Look Like?

Poppyseed13

My daily diet: while healing....

Breakfast: Oatmeal with CO and milk, decaf coffee (made with my Sunbeam Coffeemaster)--the coffee is Swiss Water Decaf) with lots of milk, sugar, and gelatin (Great Lakes green canister)
Mid-morning: Large OJ/CO2 with gelatin plus salt and potassium, fresh fruit--cantelope, watermelon.... I am getting dates soon... I haven't had those in ages
Lunch: big meal of day.... grass fed beef with salad (diy dressing using olive oil), more OJ/CO2, decaf with the works
Mid-afternoon: carrot with apple (childhood snack I love)
Dinner: often soups (not home-made) with cheese, or steak and potatoes (grass-fed steaks) with small red boiled potatoes... I like the sound of lamb curry mentioned above--I'm going to hunt for a good recipe....
Desserts: Haagan-daz vanilla ice-cream, or my own home-made vanilla ice-cream....

I've recently added 2% milk to my diet, and WOW! what a burst of energy it has given me.... nice.... I started with very small cups as I hadn't drunk milk in decades, and now am on to nice large glasses. If I drink a large glass of milk with lots of gelatin before bed I sleep much more deeply-- very nice indeed! And, as I liked chocolate milk as a kid, I am going to make my own "Nestlé's Quick" (I don't like the extra ingredients in the store-bought)...

Cheers,
Poppyseed13

coloron

Hello!
does anyone here Ray Peat low carbs?
I mean Ray Peat foods and supplements, but the ratio of nutrients such as low carbohydrates?
For example, fat 50%, protein 25%, carbohydrate 25%.
I can not help but high carbohydrate diet makes me fat.

mimi

coloron said:
Hello!
I mean Ray Peat foods and supplements, but the ratio of nutrients such as low carbohydrates?

Hey! Seems like I have a similar issue. From January till the end of March I upped my calories from sugar (as in milk sugar, honey, white sugar, fruit, OJ) and tried to reduce complex carbs as much as possible (although I'm usually doing great with some potatoes or soaked gluten-free flours). Well. I gained a lot of weight. I never binged and kept my PUFA at a minimum. Really annoying.

Maybe we should make a seperate thread on lower carb Peat style eating or something. Right now I am becoming more interested in more primal eating again (just not very low in carbs). I know it's all a process but gaining weight after already being at my ideal weight around Christmas really, really sucks. ;)

(I think I need a thyroid supplement, too. And do some HIIT and lift weights. Argh. I hate winter.)

So. Currently I upped my fat calories and reduced my cals from simple sugars.
I am also adding in more veggies because I feel that I need more fibre (I know not very Ray Peat...)

Tcrazyjam

Hey,

can you please check my diet:

[img=center]http://www11.pic-upload.de/19.05.14/8nkjct5e7868.jpg[/img]

Thanks

mimi

mimi said:
coloron said:
Hello!

Hey! Seems like I have a similar issue. From January till the end of March I upped my calories from sugar (as in milk sugar, honey, white sugar, fruit, OJ) and tried to reduce complex carbs as much as possible (although I'm usually doing great with some potatoes or soaked gluten-free flours). Well. I gained a lot of weight. I never binged and kept my PUFA at a minimum. Really annoying.

Maybe we should make a seperate thread on lower carb Peat style eating or something. Right now I am becoming more interested in more primal eating again (just not very low in carbs). I know it's all a process but gaining weight after already being at my ideal weight around Christmas really, really sucks. ;)

(I think I need a thyroid supplement, too. And do some HIIT and lift weights. Argh. I hate winter.)

So. Currently I upped my fat calories and reduced my cals from simple sugars.
I am also adding in more veggies because I feel that I need more fibre (I know not very Ray Peat...)

Ahem. I need to add a correction here: I was at my parents' place over the last weekend and checked my weight with actual scales; turns out I didn't even gain one pound, and that was probably muscle from working out… so, I didn't really gain fat as I thought I did. I guess I also felt more bloated during my last period. Ha. I am certainly happy that it was just my own selective perception telling me I was fatter when in fact I wasn't. Interesting. Nonetheless, I cut out most refined sugars now, as well as most starches, and eat mostly balanced meals of fruit/fruit veggies/protein from dairy/some eggs/coconut oil (I also eat palm oil, olive oil, macadamia nuts and butter/ghee). I add some tender leafy greens here and there when I feel like having them; I don't eat them on a daily basis, though. This way of eating makes me happy! =) Oh, and my morning ritual is back to: coffee + cream. I'm usually doing fine without added sugar. It tastes much better to me this way, too. Sometimes I add coconut oil to the mix.

T

tca300

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but if your gaining weight ( fat mass ) it's because of the dietary fat your eating, not the sugar. You "increased sugar and gained weight". That is expected when your also eating dietary fat because the more energy you get from sugar the less fat is burned as energy because its not needed, so its easily stored. I have never ever heard or witnessed anyone dropping their dietary fat down to 10% or lower of total calories and gain fat mass, ( Unless they were anorexic before ).

camexonda

hi guys I'm a new member of this forum and joined this forum because I's not such good about my diet and this is why I'm so fat and wanted to get ideas about to make my diet plan better that can help me to lose my weight as much as possible so this thread has a lots of stuff that could help me to make it. I'm thankful of everyone who has take a part in this discussion. Sorry about couldn't share mine.

mimi

tca300 said:
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but if your gaining weight ( fat mass ) it's because of the dietary fat your eating, not the sugar. You "increased sugar and gained weight". That is expected when your also eating dietary fat because the more energy you get from sugar the less fat is burned as energy because its not needed, so its easily stored. I have never ever heard or witnessed anyone dropping their dietary fat down to 10% or lower of total calories and gain fat mass, ( Unless they were anorexic before ).

Well, I must be a scientific enigma then. I did 80/10/10 in the past – I was eating mostly fruit with some greens thrown in, and I got FAT eating watermelon. I do not kid you. I became obese eating sugar. And my cals were not even that high. I did it for a few months at a time for about 3 years in total and I was still gaining until I skipped the sugar (fruit) and started eating mostly fat. I felt satiated again for the first time in over a decade (I was vegan for a while, so adding in animal fats was key for me). If I don't get enough (saturated) fat in my meals I don't feel satiated and hence, I eat more carbs (overeat?). I think it's much more important to feel balanced and not binge prone all the time. Too much sugar without balancing fats and proteins make me binge prone in most cases.

My experience.

Oh, and the time that I really started becoming fit and slim was when I was eating mostly starches and saturated fats combined with lots of salt and some sugar and milk thrown on top. Yep. That was when I was consistently losing weight without even trying. I'm doing okay now, still trying new approaches. Definitely not going back to fruitarianism.

pboy

you didn't get fat from the sugar in the watermelon, you got fat because of the lack of sugar in the watermelon. Aka, you got fat from water. It wasn't the animal fats that you needed, it was any fat. It was anything dense without water. Theres a reason you felt your best eating mostly starches and fat, with milk and sugar

just thought id add that...hopefully you can let this resonate and it boosts your life

superhuman

pboy: you cant get fat from the water in watermelon? you can retain water but that is not fat as in actual fat energy. The body cant use 0 calories from water and make it into "fat" as in stored energy

pboy

yea, most 'fat' is usally just dirty water people are carrying, dirty bilious and acid material suspended in water. Sometimes its actually fat but usually not, good fat usually just makes your **** bigger...in a good way for a girl. Only if the person is very obese is it a large portion of actual fat, but even that only happens because the metabolism is slowed and diluted and somehow weakened, because the body can easily deal with extra fat if it needs. It doesn't purposely keep more than it wants...the body can easily waste abundant energy in good ways

when cells get diluted the whole metabolism slows down, it also causes the release of inflammatory hormones...so it can make it much more likely that a person will accumulate more fat over time. On top of that their appetite will be low, and they'll feel spacey and never satisfied, and not mentally sharp

smithhaller

I use the aeropress also and have really enjoyed it. I also recommend getting the Bonvita temp. controlled kettle- you can program specific temperatures and the kettle maintains that temperature. I also like to order fresh roasted coffee from
http://www.gocoffeego.com/

pboy

I don't...I have a hard time believing its too relevant...I think we can adjust to whatever we need to eat (that's edible), it might take a week or two. Anything one person can live on I think other people can once they adjust. Of course, excluding literal food allergies

Jennifer

Amazoniac said:
Peatatarians from this forum respect heritage when choosing a diet that best suits them? Just out of curiosity..

I agree with, pboy!

I don't base my diet on my heritage. I would think that would be tough given how mixed a lot of us are and never mind the fact that just because a certain food wasn't commonly eaten by a people doesn't mean they can't tolerate it.

For example, I'm part French and to a slightly lesser degree, American Indian. The French consume plenty of dairy/cheese, while in the past, American Indians weren't known to consume dairy. But today, there are plenty of A. Indians who consume it and tolerate it just fine.

The same can be said for the kids I was a nanny to. Two of the girls had been adopted from China. Again, the Chinese aren't known to consume a lot of dairy and yet the girls I took care of consumed a ton of it and tolerated it just fine. I'm certain the youngest would die if she couldn't have ice cream. LOL

I think based on Ray's perspective, it's more about sticking to historically relevant foods that one tolerates.

octaviankid

Jennifer said:
For example, I'm part French and to a slightly lesser degree, American Indian. The French consume plenty of dairy/cheese...

I think based on Ray's perspective, it's more about sticking to historically relevant foods that one tolerates.

That's interesting. I never really gave ancestral eating much thought, but always thought it was interesting how well i seem to tolerate massive amounts of dairy, when I often hear of people having problems with it. When I was vegan, I had very very dry skin (to the point it would bleed sometimes) after introducing milk back in, my skin is better than its ever been. I'm of African descent with a decent amount of European-French..I guess it makes sense lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals