What Does Your Diet Look Like?

chris

j. said:
I think that often, the more gelatin you consume, the better, while staying below 100 grams.

Do you mean 100 grams gelatin or 100 grams total protein? If you mean 100 grams total protein, why stay below 100 grams?

Jenn

jyb said:
lazz said:
Shoot, I eat around 30 g of great lakes gelatin per meal , like in 3 of my 5 meals daily..lol

That's not necessarily bad. My only limit on gelatin is how much it costs. If it were free, I'd have no problem consuming a Great Lakes can every 3-4 days. Very relaxing and an easy source of protein (at least the hydrolyzed version).

So don't buy great lakes gelatin. ;)

I buy it in 50 lb bags when I can.

J

j.

chris said:
j. said:
I think that often, the more gelatin you consume, the better, while staying below 100 grams.

Do you mean 100 grams gelatin or 100 grams total protein? If you mean 100 grams total protein, why stay below 100 grams?

I used the word often as a qualifier to say basically whatever I wanted without thinking. Maybe I shouldn't do that.

Oh, I meant 100 grams of gelatin because Peat mentioned that number I think.

lazz

Rolan said:
lazz said:
Shoot, I eat around 30 g of great lakes gelatin per meal , like in 3 of my 5 meals daily..lol

lazz man, you go hard with everything :lol:

Though I did just somewhere that 100g is an acceptable amount :ugeek:

:D I gotta reach 180g of protein daily...im cutting down a bit on gelatin powder and increasing my milk intake..gonna be drinking 1/2 gallon daily for protein and carbs, another 1/2 gallon of OJ for carbs , 8 oz of shank or oxtail, oystes and whatever is left i'll throw it in gelatin powder...also 4 tbsp. of table sugar and 4 tbs sea salt. 1 carrot , 5 tbsp. of coconut oil....that's my daily routine -menu...oh lets not forget 4-5 cups of coffee ..aka café con leche..coffee + milk :mrgreen:

lazz

on a related note..I've noticed I am hardly drinking water since i jumped on Peat-ism....whats your daily water intake like, guys?? and girls..? ;)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
lazz said:
on a related note..I've noticed I am hardly drinking water since i jumped on Peat-ism....whats your daily water intake like, guys?? and girls..? ;)

Water? Pffffft. :lol:

I have not drank water in months. There is a ton of water in milk, orange juice, etc. I hardly ever find myself thirsty.

Ray Peat said:
I have spoken to many people who believe they should drink "8 glasses of water every day," in addition to their normal foods, even if they don't feel thirsty. Many doctors still recite this dangerous slogan, but the addition of the qualifying phrase, "or other liquids," has become common.

The amount of water a person needs is extremely variable, depending on things such as metabolic rate, activity, and the temperature and humidity of the air. Working hard in hot, dry weather, it's possible to drink more than two quarts per hour for more than eight hours, without forming any urine, because all of the water is lost by evaporation. But in very hot, humid weather, a person with a low metabolic rate can be endangered by the smallest amount of water (e.g., "Meteorological relations of eclampsia in Lagos, Nigeria," Agobe, et al., 1981).

Most foods contain a considerable amount of water, usually more than 70% of their weight, and some water is produced in cells by metabolism. The function of water in the organism has been mystified and neglected because of some deeply rooted cultural images of the nature of organisms and their cellular make-up.

Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging <----Really great article on water.

chris

Only water I have is boiled water for coffee. Maybe a cup a day total.

Rolan

lazz said:

In 2 months I've had plain water independent of anything else about 5 times, perhaps? I felt like I definitely wanted water and water alone those times. Otherwise, Coffee, OJ, Milk....getting enough fluid, no time for that water shiz :lol:

4peatssake

nope don't drink water but lotsa milk, oj, coffee and Mexican coke.

:coke

HDD

I have been drinking Seagrams club soda with OJ lately. I consume about 1 liter every 2-3 days. I started this after the magnesium/club soda experiment. I seem to be sensitive to magnesium but thought the magnesium sulfate, potassium bicarbonate, and potassium phosphate in the club soda might help my blood pressure. IIRC potassium can be a factor in blood pressure. Blood pressure has been great. I have not had any muscle cramping either which seems to indicate magnesium levels are good.

Does anyone know if the ingredients in club soda are ok?

Ari

Answering the title of the thread, my diet is pretty by the numbers, but i'd appreciate some advice if someone sees something i'm doing that's not as good as it could be

Daily:
Milk, Cheese, Butter, Ghee
Oranges or Cherries
4 eggs
Beef tendon broth for gelatin
Coffee, especially with meals containing iron
1 carrot, 1 tbsp ACV
Dark chocolate
Raw honey
Coconut Oil
Salt
Small amounts of water

Weekly
Calf liver
Oysters
Potato and/or Rice (falling out of favor with these foods though)

Supplements
Vitamin D3 (10k) + Magnesium Oil (Or a trip to the beach)

That's basically what I live on right there. Not a big fan of meat or other things like ice cream, sugar, coke etc.

Ari

Rolan said:
Looks pretty solid, but perhaps more fruit in light of you only eating potato/rice once a week?

Well, i'm not sure what the daily goal is for fruit. Are you talking about vitamin C levels or something more?

As far as fruit goes, the best estimate I can make to what I put down is about 4 oranges a day.

And why eat potatoes/rice more?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals