What Does Your Diet Look Like?

Peata

Also, I noticed something odd this last TOM. I was having bad menstrual cramps one day, and I don't usually have bad ones. Anyway, when I got home, I saw some dark chocolate and immediately craved it - I ate some. I rarely want chocolate. Also, aspirin kept going through my mind. I eventually had some. Probably should have tried an Epsom salt bath too, but anyway...

I was wondering if my body instinctively knew something about the chocolate and what I was needing (the aspirin seems obvious since it's a pain-killer).

4peatssake

Peata said:
I just ordered RP's Progest E.

I'm wondering if I should go at it hard-core like the directions say - at first do 3 drops 5 x day and then back down but keep using it nonstop for a month or more. I'm afraid of causing more problems. Not sure what to do, as in whether to go by those instructions or not be so aggressive.
Personally, I'd go hard core if I was going to do it. The reason I say this is I did not do hard core and it didn't go well. :( Having said that, it did very quickly regulate my period and stop sudden huge flows, so I am thankful for that. I am perimenopausal.

I'm taking pregnenolone now without any problems and I if i do try Progest E again, I'll do hard core to start.
:2cents

Peata

4peatssake said:
Peata said:
I just ordered RP's Progest E.

I'm wondering if I should go at it hard-core like the directions say - at first do 3 drops 5 x day and then back down but keep using it nonstop for a month or more. I'm afraid of causing more problems. Not sure what to do, as in whether to go by those instructions or not be so aggressive.
Personally, I'd go hard core if I was going to do it. The reason I say this is I did not do hard core and it didn't go well. :( Having said that, it did very quickly regulate my period and stop sudden huge flows, so I am thankful for that. I am perimenopausal.

I'm taking pregnenolone now without any problems and I if i do try Progest E again, I'll do hard core to start.
:2cents

Thank you for the advice. I might as well go for it.

Does it seems reasonable to do it that way for one month, then just go on a normal schedule (meaning use it 2nd half of cycle in normal amounts)?

Birdie

I was using one of the health food store progesterone creams cyclically for about 20 years. I started progest E about 2 years ago. I wonder how it might have been if I'd known about progest E earlier. Possibly could have prolonged menses.

Anyway, I'm on a hiatus right now, after continuous use for the 2 years. Somebody said Peat recommends cycling it. I don't remember who or where! But it must have been somebody I respect because I don't change my routine without plenty of thought.

When I go back on it, I'll cycle it. Probably do 7 days off each month unless I get better info.
I used 4 drops at night from the beginning. Soon into it, I used another drop in the morning. For many months I used 4 big drops several times a day. I'm wanting to lower estrogen and inflammation.

Mr Birdie and I have been using 1 to 2 scoops of pregnenolone at night. We find it helps with sleep. When I tried it in the morning it made me groggy. But some people say it gives them energy in the morning. And some take it only once a week. Ray mentioned that works too. So, you just have to test it out and find your sweet spot. We are on a pregnenolone hiatus too but will start up again later.

montmorency

I don't claim this is pure Peat by any means, but this is today:

minced beef, slice bacon, sliced tomato, 1 egg, all lightly fried in butter.

Tea with full-cream milk (not much milk though).

Coffee with full-cream milk (and a bit of left-over cream).

1 apple. (only fruit in the house at the moment).

small glass OJ + sea salt. I'm not that great a fan of OJ to be honest, but we had some in, as our daughter was visiting. I do eat oranges though.

Eggshell powder with some of the tea.

That will keep me going till evening.. Not sure what I'll have then though

Left to myself, I could eat any amount of cheese, but I'm cutting it out for a while, to see if that helps lose some fat.

I'll see if I can buy some interesting fruit later in the day.

Birdie

I see that I'd better update. My progest-E hiatus lasted longer than planned. I am now back on it using 4 globs, 3 times a day.

Today so far:
On awakening two cups of tea with milk wit morning exercise. Armour supp. Bag breathing brought in a little CO2. Then 2 more cups same with breakie prep.
Two eggs basted with CO and butter, salted. Some salted ground beef/pork (6:1 I guess), finished last cup of tea/milk, melon slices, oj with baking soda and sparkling water. 1 aspirin. Bit of T3. Some other supps.

2 lattes made by me, with bought espresso from yesterday.

I think that's it so far. I'm doing small meals throughout the day to increase metabolism. Lattes count as meals.

I'm working on making sure to take T3 only with food since I read what Ray said about that. Sorry don't remember his exact words or where you should look if you're interested. I was convinced that T3 alone was counterproductive by what he said. Something about the liver... actually getting the opposite of the wanted effect if taken alone... Maybe somebody else remembers in case anybody asks... ? It's enough for me to remember the practical part especially since I'm not in the business anymore!! ;)

Birdie

I'm cutting back on cheese too. Same reason. From what I've read and heard from Peat, that's key to avoiding unwanted weight gain. That, and eating according to hunger. Eating according to hunger is hard for me to gage, but am working on it.

montmorency

montmorency said:
I don't claim this is pure Peat by any means, but this is today:

minced beef, slice bacon, sliced tomato, 1 egg, all lightly fried in butter.

Tea with full-cream milk (not much milk though).

Coffee with full-cream milk (and a bit of left-over cream).

1 apple. (only fruit in the house at the moment).

small glass OJ + sea salt. I'm not that great a fan of OJ to be honest, but we had some in, as our daughter was visiting. I do eat oranges though.

Eggshell powder with some of the tea.

That will keep me going till evening.. Not sure what I'll have then though

Left to myself, I could eat any amount of cheese, but I'm cutting it out for a while, to see if that helps lose some fat.

I'll see if I can buy some interesting fruit later in the day.

Later on, had a little more minced beef, bacon and tomato, fried in butter, along with gelatin and orange juice.

Also some powdered eggshell.

And I'd found some nice peaches which happened to be cheap. Some were ripe enough to eat. The rest are ripening under a tea-towel in the garage.

Also an apple and an orange.

I'm not really into the bed time snack routine, and don't really have anything suitable at the moment. I don't usually have trouble sleeping, anyway. Since caffeine doesn't seem to keep me awake either, I may have some milky coffee.

Rolan

So far;

Whole milk, bout four pints daily.
Coffee with milk.
Litre of oj.
Raw carrot.
Very well boiled white potato with salt and butter or cheese melted on it.
Beef, with the potato but only thrice in 3 weeks.
Unpasteurized cheese, animal rennet.
Watermelon, but only some thus far.
Coke.
Vanilla hagen daaz.

This is all to varying degrees. I'm cutting out hagen daaz and coke and adding coconut oil, liver, gelatin, some more potato and a little white rice, plus any good fruit I can find. Vegetables can f off though. One thing I do NOT miss are those overpriced scumbags!

4peatssake

Rolan said:
Vegetables can f off though. One thing I do NOT miss are those overpriced scumbags!
smiley-laughing024.gif

Rolan

I am looking into gelatin right now actually, but it's quite hard to come by in England. 'Health' food stores sell vegetarian brands, while supermarkets only use Pork gelatin as far as i can ascertain.

Will probably buy it online but seems really pricey for little amounts.

montmorency

Rolan said:
I am looking into gelatin right now actually, but it's quite hard to come by in England. 'Health' food stores sell vegetarian brands, while supermarkets only use Pork gelatin as far as i can ascertain.

Will probably buy it online but seems really pricey for little amounts.

I get Dr Oetker's in Waitrose, in the home baking section. Around 69p for a packet of 6 sachets.

It is beef gelatin(e).

It does have sulphur dioxide in, however.

(Is sulphur dioxide (SO2) such a bad thing anyway, I wonder? Our bodies need sulphur, and of course oxygen. Plus many of us use Epsom Salts, which is magnesium sulphate (MgSO4)).

By the way, I'm grateful to whoever posted about pouring gelatin powder gently into water (scattering it lightly over the surface) and letting it stand and "hydrate". It takes a bit more time, but it works better than the instructions on the packet; I always used to struggle with this, and now I find it easy, if a little more time consuming.

chris

I ordered this gelatin today,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171022546612? ... 1423.l2649

Before you can buy it you need to send them an email asking if they will give you a quote to ship to UK. I did this yesterday via the German ebay for some strange reason (can't speak german) and they did not respond but quoted me around £11.30 for 1kg gelatin which I paid for this morning.

Prior to this I bought ASDA's own pork gelatin which worked out at around £33 for the same amount I've bought from Germany, 1KG. Never thought I would be genuinely excited for gelatin to arrive in the post but there we go.

chris

I have no idea, I have been very inconsistent with gelatin so far. I would like to introduce around 30g a day, so should last me just over a month.

I have just started drinking tea for the manganese benefits, it is making me very warm.

lazz

Shoot, I eat around 30 g of great lakes gelatin per meal , like in 3 of my 5 meals daily..lol

jyb

lazz said:
Shoot, I eat around 30 g of great lakes gelatin per meal , like in 3 of my 5 meals daily..lol

That's not necessarily bad. My only limit on gelatin is how much it costs. If it were free, I'd have no problem consuming a Great Lakes can every 3-4 days. Very relaxing and an easy source of protein (at least the hydrolyzed version).

J

j.

I think that often, the more gelatin you consume, the better, while staying below 100 grams.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals