What Does Ray Peat Think About Macrolide Antibiotics?

Logan-

I know he speaks favourably of antibiotics, especially tetracyclines and penicillin. What about macrolides?

Vinero

He thinks they can be effective in the treatment of cancer, and says they are anti-inflammatory, very similar to the tetracyclines.

OP
L

Logan-

He thinks they can be effective in the treatment of cancer, and says they are anti-inflammatory, very similar to the tetracyclines.

Thank you. Could you provide a source for that? Did he say that in an interview?

Vinero

Thank you. Could you provide a source for that? Did he say that in an interview?
"Antibiotics vary in toxicity, but in general I think it’s best to use a minimally effective dose if it’s to be continued very long. I think tetracycline, erythromycin, and penicillin are fairly safe."
"Raw carrots, cooked bamboo shoots, and cooked mushrooms contain antibiotics that are safe to use everyday. Like tetracycline and the macrolide antibiotics, they (especially mushrooms) are also antiinflammatory."
"My own preference for antibiotics would be in the order Pen-V-K (about 30 to 50 mg at a time, with some carrot), erythromycin, tetracycline, and neomycin (for example Kaomycin). All of the antibiotics are somewhat toxic to people, but at a certain level, they can suppress bacteria without noticeable toxicity for the person. The goal is to establish a better internal ecosystem. Chronic sinus infections are usually the result of chronic irritation of the intestine."
"It isn’t habit forming. The antibiotics erythromycin and tetracycline are anti-inflammatory, and might work better than penicillin. An allergy can cause swelling of the surface of the eye, often it’s from something in the air, but it’s possible that something you ate was involved. Vitamin K is involved in some essential chemical processes in the brain, besides helping to produce metabolic energy; I think it might help with relaxation, too."

The Danny Roddy Weblog

OP
L

Logan-

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals