What does light green stool usually mean?

TypicalJock

Title,so apparently dark green is a sign of high bile but what does light green very minor yellowish tint mean?

Ben.

No expert, but i'd think if the transit time is fast then the bile and other stuff in the stool does not have as much time to be reabsorbed trough the colon and thus the difference in colour. Also less time for bacteria to "work" on the waste. In theory it could also hint at a organ like the kidneys or liver needing some love.

Apparantly certain fibers can trap bile aswell for eliminiation. Following that logic i would assume when there are hormonal issues then this could be desirable.

But im just thinking out loud here. Take it with big grain of salt.
Pebbles/nuggets/ball shaped waste does not necessarily need to be due to constipation (altough it can be). Its mostly due to low amounts of fibers i think.

SamYo123

Pebbles/nuggets/ball shaped waste does not necessarily need to be due to constipation (altough it can be). Its mostly due to low amounts of fibers i think.

But then if i eat fiber it causes too much gas?

Ben.

Ben.

Depends how much gassy fiber I have..

Fiber = gas and bowl movements
no fiber = no gas and no bowl movements

Well the gas would go away for most people once the microbiome has adjusted to the fiber foods i guess.
For me upping vitamin c and salt led to 2-4 movements a day. They are still "ball shaped" which is interesting. Dont have much fiber in my diet.

ursidae

I’m in the process of learning so this could be inaccurate but Biliverdin (green) should be getting reduced to bilirubin (yellow), solubilised in the liver and excreted in bile. In the colon direct bilirubin should be reduced by your fecal flora to urobilinogen (no colour) and then oxidised to stercobilin (brown) imparting colour to your feces.

I’m theorising here..
clay type (light) stool of any colour would be- low bile output due to biliary obstruction or bile acids are getting reabsorbed at the terminal ileum due to lack of soluble fibre to bind to

brown colour- normal transit time allowing for interaction of bile salts with your faecal bacteria

yellow undertones- fat malabsorption, too fast transit time or normal transit time but insufficient bacteria to deconjugate urobillinogen

Green undertones- high quantity of biliverdin, fast transit time

Dark colour - adequate bile output and binding of bile salts