What does everyone think about “YAHKI”‘s diet model?

Teestuff

Hi everyone. I’ve been interested in Peat’s ideas for several years and have found myself about 70% “Peat”. I’m a hospital dietitian and recently a patient of mine showed me YAHKI TV on YouTube. YAHKI claims a very rough childhood, got himself a biochem degree and from what I’ve learned about him so far is that he thinks humans are fruitarian, and are to avoid all animals products, beans, grains, lecithins. He says fructose is our main fuel. He goes into other areas as well such as frequencies. I think he’s probably onto something but does anyone think he’s making a mistake somewhere?

His YT channel

His food list

Thank you

redsun

Hi everyone. I’ve been interested in Peat’s ideas for several years and have found myself about 70% “Peat”. I’m a hospital dietitian and recently a patient of mine showed me YAHKI TV on YouTube. YAHKI claims a very rough childhood, got himself a biochem degree and from what I’ve learned about him so far is that he thinks humans are fruitarian, and are to avoid all animals products, beans, grains, lecithins. He says fructose is our main fuel. He goes into other areas as well such as frequencies. I think he’s probably onto something but does anyone think he’s making a mistake somewhere?

His YT channel

His food list

Thank you
No he isn't on to anything. Yes, fruit is good for you to eat but only fruit is horrible for you in the long run. Humans are not fruitarian. There are arguments to be made for avoiding every food group. You will always find some guru or expert telling you one or more food groups is always bad for you and you should only eat what they say you should. If anyone makes these kinds of bold claims they are wrong. Humans are omnivores with a capacity to digest both plants and animals. An optimal diet has both plants and animals with the focus being on eating unprocessed foods most of the time. You also need to learn and experiment with what foods work for you while still making sure your diet is varied enough to provide you all the nutrition you need.

The more you restrict your diet, especially on false claims by supposed experts or even actual experts, the more you make yourself susceptible to problems. There are many nutrients fruits does not contain or is not present in sufficient quantities. Namely B3, B12, choline, retinol (a large portion of the population cannot make retinol from carotenes efficiently), calcium, iodine, zinc, selenium, sodium, protein, EFAs.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
No he isn't on to anything. Yes, fruit is good for you to eat but only fruit is horrible for you in the long run. Humans are not fruitarian. There are arguments to be made for avoiding every food group. You will always find some guru or expert telling you one or more food groups is always bad for you and you should only eat what they say you should. If anyone makes these kinds of bold claims they are wrong. Humans are omnivores with a capacity to digest both plants and animals. An optimal diet has both plants and animals with the focus being on eating unprocessed foods most of the time. You also need to learn and experiment with what foods work for you while still making sure your diet is varied enough to provide you all the nutrition you need.

The more you restrict your diet, especially on false claims by supposed experts or even actual experts, the more you make yourself susceptible to problems. There are many nutrients fruits does not contain or is not present in sufficient quantities. Namely B3, B12, choline, retinol (a large portion of the population cannot make retinol from carotenes efficiently), calcium, iodine, zinc, selenium, sodium, protein, EFAs.
:10::10:

Ras

One look at long-term fruitarians tells me what I need to know.

Xin

Most fruits available today did not exist a few centuries ago. Also, all the native population that have been studied prized meat and we know for a fact that our ancestors were hunters gatherers.

LLight

Probably a really flawed reasoning (and a straw man in this case) but:
- intelligence is maybe the most differentiating caracteristic with other animals ;
- there are other fruitarian animals and they do not have our intelligence ;
- people eating barely no fruit or at least just seasonally are just as intelligent as other humans.

Phaedrus

Chimpanzees, humans’ closest living relative, has a varied diet - yes, plenty of fruit when available, but also honey, seeds, insects, and even meat. Even they are not fruitarians.

InChristAlone

Fruit is too yin. Try that diet in Canada and you'll fail miserably because you won't be able to stay warm. That's why all fruitarians live in the tropics.