What Does Coffe Increase Or Decrease In The Body?

Astolfo

Some says it inhibits cortisol while others say it increases it. I have read so many posts about it but I couldn't decided which ones are true.
How coffee affects the level of cortisol, aldosterone, DHT? Which is true, is it have a calming effect(cortisol inhibition) or the opposite? Does it inhibits sugar metabolism(Thiamine inhibition) or increases it? Does it decrease(due to its vasoconstrictive effect) or increase the blood flow?

GreekDemiGod

This has been covered in the forum. It will increase cortisol when used accutely, and decrease when used chronically.

Astolfo

This has been covered in the forum. It will increase cortisol when used accutely, and decrease when used chronically.

how though? I read on this forum that caffeine is a 11B-HSD1 (cortisone —> cortisol) inhibitor.

LLight

Do you have issues when drinking coffee? All theories do not matter if you do not react well.

Coffee is supposed to cleanse/heal the liver. Reacting badly to coffee is supposed to be a sign of bad liver state. I cannot wrap my head around that paradox.

SonOfEurope

The caffeine molecule is somewhat similar to the P4 (Progesterone ) one.

Under adequate circumstances of proper glycogen utilization/convertion (good liver), no caloric restriction and adequate mineral abundance, it should synergize with Progesterone but with its adenosine displacement and momentary GABA lowering effect it balances itself out as a neuroprotetive but tolerance building substance.

lvysaur

Coffee (not caffeine, although maybe it does this too) increases homocysteine. Decaf coffee also does this. Probably one of the reasons some people don't tolerate it.

SonOfEurope

A plus of coffee in my opinion has always been the magnesium... When I was 16 or 17 and... You know.... Just coming off the diapers and began drinking coffee I remember the first few months a cup of heavy expresso after a meal had me wishing I had the diaper back on... Lol.

But I've developed tolerance... And once you do, if you stop drastically at first you feel an immense relaxation from the Gaba you were opposing for so long, but in the next days you can get a nasty headache and feel flu-like from Adenosine and your nervous system "missing it"... I tried to quit once but....

Coffee is good in good context, Ask (Don't actually ) Monseiour Voltaire.

lvysaur

A plus of coffee in my opinion has always been the magnesium... When I was 16 or 17 and... You know.... Just coming off the diapers and began drinking coffee I remember the first few months a cup of heavy expresso after a meal had me wishing I had the diaper back on... Lol.
Coffee has very little magnesium generally. If you're referring to the laxative effects, they're not due to the magnesium. I know because coffee (including decaf) always gives me a laxative effect but magnesium (oxide, citrate, glycinate, and ionic) never does

SonOfEurope

Coffee has very little magnesium generally. If you're referring to the laxative effects, they're not due to the magnesium. I know because coffee (including decaf) always gives me a laxative effect but magnesium (oxide, citrate, glycinate, and ionic) never does

Thanks, I had a bottle of Magnesium Oxide I finished months ago and one of the main reasons I took it was an efficient anti-constipation but now I realize it might have just been "balancing" the absurd amount of calcium I also was supplementing back then, 3.5 grams a day not counting the cheese (Cottage / Parmesan ) I was easily getting another gram from.

Almost Masai level.

I've sinced reduced the calcium supp. To 500mg and everything is moving smoothly, I guess my magnesium is covered by the bananas and peaches I eat in the morning plus the meat in stews. My latest labs show better thyroid than 2+ years ago so that probably means my body is utilizing the minerals more harmoniously.

Frankdee20

The volatile acids and oils in coffee can irritate the gut and cause bowel movements, but it’s also an opiate antagonist