What Do You Think Of This Mass Gainer Protein Powder?

Gone Peating

Naked Mass Gainer

Ingredients:
  • Organic Tapioca Maltodextrin, Naked Whey, Naked Casein, Organic Coconut Sugar, and Raw Organic Cacao Powder

I would probably just use one scoop in my milk during lunch at work so an extra 60g carbs and 12 g protein.

I think this would be a smart way to get calories up. What do you think? @Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Naked Mass Gainer

Ingredients:
  • Organic Tapioca Maltodextrin, Naked Whey, Naked Casein, Organic Coconut Sugar, and Raw Organic Cacao Powder

I would probably just use one scoop in my milk during lunch at work so an extra 60g carbs and 12 g protein.

I think this would be a smart way to get calories up. What do you think? @Hans
Hey man.
Yeah, I think its good.
I do prefer food though, but if you meet all your nutrient demands for the day through food already then adding this for calories and convenience sake, it should be fine.

Seems good and ingredients too, but it's a bit pricey. I guess since you'll be using little it might work out better that way, but I'd opt out due to its price personally.

But if it provides some well needed nutrition, I guess it could be worth it. I think it could be more protein-dense though, but it seems pretty decent overall.

I bought some whey powder once and it was pretty nice, but turned out I was solely relying on it for protein since I wasn't getting too much from other sources -- this led me to run through it fast and make it much more expensive. I would normally spend $50+ a month on meeting protein alone, which was a big financial strain.

I guess what I mean is that -- if you don't have a well-balanced diet of basically everything beneficial to your convenience -- it can be really expensive having to buy extra protein, carb sources, fat sources, vitamins, minerals, aminos, etc. every single day. Or simply just burning through stuff because it's your main/only source.

OP
G

Gone Peating

Hey man.
Yeah, I think its good.
I do prefer food though, but if you meet all your nutrient demands for the day through food already then adding this for calories and convenience sake, it should be fine.

Yea I agree. I currently eat about 400 g carbs, 130 g protein and 1o0 or so g of fat per day and I'm a 175 lb male. I figure this is the easiest way to just get extra calories without having to ingest some potentially nasty substances and without having to do so much meal prep

OP
G

Gone Peating

Seems good and ingredients too, but it's a bit pricey. I guess since you'll be using little it might work out better that way, but I'd opt out due to its price personally.

But if it provides some well needed nutrition, I guess it could be worth it. I think it could be more protein-dense though, but it seems pretty decent overall.

I bought some whey powder once and it was pretty nice, but turned out I was solely relying on it for protein since I wasn't getting too much from other sources -- this led me to run through it fast and make it much more expensive. I would normally spend $50+ a month on meeting protein alone, which was a big financial strain.

I guess what I mean is that -- if you don't have a well-balanced diet of basically everything beneficial to your convenience -- it can be really expensive having to buy extra protein, carb sources, fat sources, vitamins, minerals, aminos, etc. every single day. Or simply just burning through stuff because it's your main/only source.

I'll only be using one scoop per day at lunch time in my milk so it's really only about $1.50 per scoop - not great but not a game changer either.

I'm at the point where my appetite is starting to increase, milk and fruit only is no longer satisfying me enough at lunch I think I need some starch too. The problem is that potatoes and rice don't make me feel great. I do very well with iron free bread, but there are no toasters or toaster ovens at my office kitchen so this seems like the most appetizing/convenient option for me.

Arnold Grape

If RP approves this I may circumvent my orthorexia by drinking this: I weigh next to nothing soaking wet. The Naked Casein just doesn’t seem to promote the gains

Cirion

If RP approves this I may circumvent my orthorexia by drinking this: I weigh next to nothing soaking wet. The Naked Casein just doesn’t seem to promote the gains

Man, I don't understand how people can't gain weight. It's so easy. Just eat lots of fatty things in conjunction w/ high carbs. There's no quicker way to gain weight that I can think of. Well there is, but it's the most anti-peat thing imaginable -- eat lots of PUFA in particular, lol.

(Not that I recommend doing this), but it's very effective. Effective at making you fat, insulin resistant, metabolically broken, fatty liver, that is, lol. So don't do it. But I gained 100 lbs in a few months doing this (Yes, stupid, but I was very hypothyroid and desperate for a coach to tell me what to do since my brain was not functional, and I blindly followed what I was told).

How much do you eat man? If you already eat plenty (3-4k+ calories) but are still low weight I wouldn't worry about it man. But if you eat 3-4k you're probably fine metabolically, assuming a nutrient dense diet etc.

OP
G

Gone Peating

Man, I don't understand how people can't gain weight. It's so easy. Just eat lots of fatty things in conjunction w/ high carbs. There's no quicker way to gain weight that I can think of. Well there is, but it's the most anti-peat thing imaginable -- eat lots of PUFA in particular, lol.

(Not that I recommend doing this), but it's very effective. Effective at making you fat, insulin resistant, metabolically broken, fatty liver, that is, lol. So don't do it. But I gained 100 lbs in a few months doing this (Yes, stupid, but I was very hypothyroid and desperate for a coach to tell me what to do since my brain was not functional, and I blindly followed what I was told).

How much do you eat man? If you already eat plenty (3-4k+ calories) but are still low weight I wouldn't worry about it man. But if you eat 3-4k you're probably fine metabolically, assuming a nutrient dense diet etc.

I eat a bit under 3000 calories a day, I just don't feel fully satisfied at lunch with milk fruit and honey, I want some starch. I eat buttered toast for breakfast and dinner I would do it at lunch too but unfortunately no toasters in my work kitchen so I'll settle for maltodextrin since I am not a potato or rice fan

olive

I eat a bit under 3000 calories a day, I just don't feel fully satisfied at lunch with milk fruit and honey, I want some starch. I eat buttered toast for breakfast and dinner I would do it at lunch too but unfortunately no toasters in my work kitchen so I'll settle for maltodextrin since I am not a potato or rice fan
Buckwheat may be a good alternative, certainly more micronutrient dense.

Arnold Grape

Lol — I was typing with slight hyperbole, but I am 6’4/ 190-ish. In ways possibly not uncommon to this forum, I have had the tendency to over analyze food choices; when coupled with aspirin, coffee, and other e-lowering measures this is too much for me. My job right now is somewhat high-stress, so the aforementioned things have their place, but over the long haul it’s entirely possible to overuse supplements or they are just not as necessary as they are for others.

My guess is that most days I am eating between 2500-3000 calories, but I operate in relation to appetite, sunlight, and possibly exercise that I did that day. I see a direct connection between aspirin, progesterone and even fat soluble vitamins reducing weight and/ or muscles. There is some type if magic balance, but I’m trying to rely on those supps in relation to mood or inflammation that I have as opposed to just taking them a lot. I like adding starch, then taking it away, or experimenting with eliciting specific symptoms with foods. (I’ve tried to keep up with your posts about food, too.) To circle it back, though, I do think the Naked powders are decent. I might try this for added cals.

olive

Good suggestion but I've never tried it

How do you prepare it? Raw, boiled, fryed, microwaved?
Cook it on a stove top like rice. 1:3 buckwheat:liquid ratio. Salt. Bring to mid heat, add lid and lower heat to low. Let cook for 10-15 minutes until liquid disappears.

mostlylurking

Have you all gone insane?????? Whey=tryptophan (carcinogenic). Buckwheat = A GRAIN and very allergenic at that. Maltodextrin=glucose, made from STARCH. Ray Peat would not approve of this at all.

olive

Have you all gone insane?????? Whey=tryptophan (carcinogenic). Buckwheat = A GRAIN and very allergenic at that. Maltodextrin=glucose, made from STARCH. Ray Peat would not approve of this at all.
Buckwheat isn’t technically a grain, it’s more akin to a fruit seed. A low PUFA one at that. Think of it like a coffee bean. It’s not allergenic when cooked well.

So what are you supposed to even eat then? Fruit and meat? Doesn't sound bad but I feel that's not enough.

Mark21

I’ve gone through a few tubs of it actually, and I would not recommend. Best thing is to just eat more food. If you can’t eat 4K a day from whole foods, milk, and oj, you should work on that first. Really milk alone is a much better mass gainer than the naked stuff, but in thinking about it, you could probably put together your own gainer. Grind up some oats and some whey, throw it in a shake with milk.. maybe add coconut oil.

RP doesn’t support the use of whey from what I’ve read, and again I think you could just drink milk to the same, or even better, effect, but if you want some variety.. I suggest to put something together yourself, grind it up in a blender and add milk.