What Do You Think Of This Herbal Antibiotic Mix?

stoic

Since taking accutane some years ago, my gut looks permanently pregnant.

It's not a matter of losing fat, as I still had it while underweight on paleo.

Focusing on hormones hasn't solved the issue and a recent MRI showed no organ damage.

Betaine HCL and digestive enzymes didn't reduce the bloating either.

So now I'd like to experiment with some herbal antibiotics to see if bad bacteria or parasites could be involved.

I was thinking of trying the one by Pure Encapsulations owing to its good reputation.

The product is called "Microdefense w/Oregano" and contains the following:

Berberine sulfate
100mg

Olive (olea europaea) leaf extract (standardised to contain minimum 15% oleuropein)
100mg

Sweet wormwood (artemisia annua) aerial parts extract
200mg

Clove (syzygium aromaticum) bud powder
75mg

Oregano (Origanum vulgare) leaf and flower oil extract
mg

Could anyone give a honest opinion on whether this is a safe/effective supplement (the ingredients and the dosages)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

golder

I actually really like that ingredient list. Hopefully someone can chime in here and give their opinion for you.

akgrrrl

Since taking accutane some years ago, my gut looks permanently pregnant.

It's not a matter of losing fat, as I still had it while underweight on paleo.

Focusing on hormones hasn't solved the issue and a recent MRI showed no organ damage.

Betaine HCL and digestive enzymes didn't reduce the bloating either.

So now I'd like to experiment with some herbal antibiotics to see if bad bacteria or parasites could be involved.

I was thinking of trying the one by Pure Encapsulations owing to its good reputation.

The product is called "Microdefense w/Oregano" and contains the following:

Berberine sulfate
100mg

Olive (olea europaea) leaf extract (standardised to contain minimum 15% oleuropein)
100mg

Sweet wormwood (artemisia annua) aerial parts extract
200mg

Clove (syzygium aromaticum) bud powder
75mg

Oregano (Origanum vulgare) leaf and flower oil extract
mg

Could anyone give a honest opinion on whether this is a safe/effective supplement (the ingredients and the dosages)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Ooh I like this. Good find, sounds like some inner defense to have in a home pharmacopia. Effective dosage by weight/mass of the person I am thinking

OP
stoic

stoic

Yeah, I was thinking of taking the supplement for two or three months (if I tolerate it well), then alternate between higher doses of the herbs, taken individually for one or two months each.

I don't really know how effective that could be though.

Mito

@CLASH curious about your opinion on this herbal antibiotic mix since you and Jay discussed some of these on a podcast?
511F3DA7-2EC8-4EE0-B60B-303D05E3F175.jpeg

Amazon product ASIN B0843GBWRXView: https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-MicroDefense-Gastrointestinal-Microbial/dp/B0843GBWRX

CLASH

@CLASH curious about your opinion on this herbal antibiotic mix since you and Jay discussed some of these on a podcast?
View attachment 26956

Amazon product ASIN B0843GBWRXView: https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-MicroDefense-Gastrointestinal-Microbial/dp/B0843GBWRX

I'm a fan of oregano oil, olive leaf extract and wormwood personally. I haven't used clove in quite some time so I'd have to look into its specific effects again. With the herbal antimicrobials I prefer to use one at a time, and layer them sequentially in case of bad reactions. I'd also be careful with wormwood because of its possible thujone content, which can be problematic.

As for berberine, while it has an anti-microbial and biofilm disrupting effect, it also has a metformin like effect. I wouldn't use this combination for an extended period of time. Perhaps 1-2 weeks max.

Lemongrass essential oil, and Ceylon cinnamon essential oil, are other oils with potent anti-microbial effects. My personal favorites are oregano, olive leaf, and Ceylon cinnamon.

Overall this is a decent combination, and Pure Encapsulations is a reputable company, I use this company for myself and for my clients.

Sefton10

Lemongrass essential oil, and Ceylon cinnamon essential oil, are other oils with potent anti-microbial effects. My personal favorites are oregano, olive leaf, and Ceylon cinnamon.
OregaRESP is a decent option that could be combined with some olive leaf extract.

1630390263080.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom