What do you think of magic mushroom?

Jerkboy

I think it is overrated. Especially if you have OK health. I have done many drugs and the best drug is to be a realist. See reality without rosetinted goggles. There is nothing wrong with being a dreamer but expect to be disappointed when reality does not abide by your dreams.

I understand why sick people are attracted to drugs. At least you experience some type of high and experience in life. Instead of sitting on the sidelines.

Herbie

This world can sustain it, if it comes from the inside. The best thing psychedelics can do for us is to show what can be achieved, and give faith to go through the hard paths that can bring us to similar states of mind from the inside, like yoga. Pure consciousness not colored by mind is universally in most traditions described as bliss.
I would like to reply but none of this made sense, I’ve heard this all before.

People like to dismiss people who go on a spiritual pilgrimage to the depths of the Amazon jungle to be sitting in a hut with shipibo Indian shamans who come from a 5000 year old lineage who have wisdom that has never been witnessed in the west who sing you into a trance where you leave the body to go on indescribable journeys which is the main part which allows these experiences, the bark and the leafs mixed together just make the person open to it. I know that if you took the same substance back in the west that hardly anything world occur. As if this is the same as try hards taking lsd while drunk on Saturday night.

I don’t know why people need to bring eastern religion into this as if it’s superior, it’s completely different and not comparable. I’m not seduced by the romanticism of the east.

All the eastern gurus always came back from these states and didn’t stay there and needed to be in complete isolation from society to achieve these states.

I was in complete isolation and had servants to bring fresh food and but this is not reality in western society.

rei

Deny it all you want, but it can be achieved. Note i'm not saying you are constantly tripping like on psychedelics, but that you are in constant bliss because you have learned to see reality as it is instead of how western scientific religion wants you to think about it.

I bet once you have your first lucid dream you also start to see what is possible without mind altering substances.

Stilgar

Yeah, I learnt things about life during those experiences which I cannot unlearn and are entrenched in me. At the time I had the sense that I didn’t go to the Amazon but that I was bought there, like a destiny that was out of my control. This was 8 years ago in my mid 20s. I clenched to those feelings of ecstasy and wanted to stay in that state permanently but this world cannot sustain it.

My experience exactly, too

Herbie

Deny it all you want, but it can be achieved. Note i'm not saying you are constantly tripping like on psychedelics, but that you are in constant bliss because you have learned to see reality as it is instead of how western scientific religion wants you to think about it.

I bet once you have your first lucid dream you also start to see what is possible without mind altering substances.
I don’t think you have the experience to back up what your saying. You didn’t even ask why I don’t think it can be sustained and so you have no context to argue with my experience.

Vajra

This world can sustain it, if it comes from the inside. The best thing psychedelics can do for us is to show what can be achieved, and give faith to go through the hard paths that can bring us to similar states of mind from the inside, like yoga. Pure consciousness not colored by mind is universally in most traditions described as bliss.
Everything you can experience on even 5-MeO-DMT can be achieved through meditation/yoga.
The problem with psychedelics is people may have amazing 'God' experiences and whatever but have zero context, so they think they're enlightened or something. In meditation you work up to these things bit by bit and it becomes clear as day what's happening to your mind or the lack thereof. Psychedelics are a tool to give you faith.

rei

I don’t think you have the experience to back up what your saying. You didn’t even ask why I don’t think it can be sustained and so you have no context to argue with my experience.

I most certainly have lucid dream experiences, and as long as i keep away from society i can exist in something resembling bliss, a warmth in the heart just existing. I'm not yet on the level of achieving it when hostile external forces impinge on my being, and i don't know if it is practical.

Last edited:

HealingBoy

Go for it, just go in it with an open and stoic, accepting mind. You'll have great insights with quality friends and a natural environment.
90% of bad trips can be avoided by respecting the set and settings, and also not drinking coffee (glutamate is a determining factor in shrooms bad trip). Forget your supplements, you won't need them, maybe some calming stuff like lavender EO if you want to be reassured. Remember, if you feel anxiety in the beginning, it's very often because it's hard to digest at the beginning. Nothing more ?

Write the teachings you got and apply them : psychedelics just show you a way is possible : it's up to you to follow it.

Visual effects are cool but really they're a detail. You will feel your body in a whole different way and it can be a start for better treating yourself. ?

E

eat my peat

i am doing some shrooms tomorrow during the day (yay) !

nice idea to blast some cyproheptadine tomorrow night before i go to bed ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals