What do you think it's true or not?

Andrewpasha

Today in the age of science it is easy to reduce the number of crimes. It is found that during medical treatment risk of committing crimes reduces by 32%. ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medication can reduce the rate of crimes by one third. According to Paul Lichtenstein, 30-40 % of long-serving criminals have ADHD. By reducing the chances of recidivism to 30 % total crime rate can be controlled. Please share your ideas about it.

J

j.

I think turning people into zombies might reduce crime as well.

Rachel

Meh.
Why don't we legalize lobotomies again, and go that route?
They're already doing this:
Lobotomies were once used to punish juvenile delinquents, unfaithful wives and people the state considered incorrigible. Now the same outcome is achieved through potent psychoactive medications like Rxsperadol, Triazadone and Xyprexa. These medications were originally conceived to aid in schizophrenics with violent hallucinations, or in order to quell disturbing voices.

In a sadistic and unjust turn of events, juvenile and adult inmates in the criminal justice system are now force-fed powerful drugs that permanently alter brain chemistry and cause the subject to be lost in a void in delirium.
http://ethnoblog.newamericamedia.org/20 ... botomy.php

Zombies, indeed, j.

Swandattur

This is old, but just wanted to say, I took Zyprexa for a while for severe depression. Fortunately, I didn't suffer any permanent side effects,that I know of. Giving criminals with ADHD the normal medications for that on a voluntary basis seems okay. It's just bad when medications are forced on people. Wikipedia has a article on the history unethical human testing done in the US that tells about many instances of testing on prisoners and other people in powerless situations. It is very shocking and horrifying.

Swandattur

It might be better not to look up the Wikipedia article, if you are sensitive. It's rather overwhelming. Some of it is about government (CIA) creepy stuff, and some military, and the rest seemed to be creepy doctors. It said some of it was exposed by a journalist who won the Pulitzer Prize for writing a book about it.