What do you think about this study?

Wilfrid

Hi all,

I know that Ray do not trust the plasma membrane theory and that it was already debunked by Gilbert Ling but still the protective effect of omega 3 in this study are a little confusing for me....
I knew already the deleterious effect of PUFA on the pyruvate dehydrogenase enzyme activity ( I read the study refering to the inhibition of this enzyme by PUFA consumption but it was the omega 6 that was used in this study not the omega 3), but I didn't find any accurate study refering to the deleterious effect of omega 3 on the thyroid gland...I'm also aware of the lipid's peroxydation problem but again what about be the direct negative effect of omega 3 on the gland and its production of hormones?

Any thought?

http://joe.endocrinology-journals.org/c ... 9.full.pdf

J

j.

In his article oils in context he cites this study, which I think was the one he was talking about in an interview where he said all dietary PUFA is bad.

Terroine, E. F., et al., "Sur le signification physiologique des liaisons ethyleniques des acides gras," Bull. Soc. Chim. Biol. 9(5), 605-20, 1927.

Wilfrid

j. said:
In his article oils in context he cites this study, which I think was the one he was talking about in an interview where he said all dietary PUFA is bad.

Terroine, E. F., et al., "Sur le signification physiologique des liaisons ethyleniques des acides gras," Bull. Soc. Chim. Biol. 9(5), 605-20, 1927.

When Ray said that all dietary PUFA is bad, I think that we need to look back to one of his previous book: " Nutrition for women".
In the chapter on " Colitis, regional enteritis...", he wrote that proteins like " eggs, chicken broth, sardines should not interfere with thyroid function...".
So, such kind of statement leaves me with only fews options:

1- RP didn't know, when he wrote the book, that sardine is a fatty fish loaded with PUFA and a
very good source of omega 3. But this explanation is very unlikely,no?

2- After all, omega 3 rich fatty fish like sardines,anchovies ect... are not so "dangerous" even for those with so critics conditions like auto-immune disease and/or with low thyroid function.

J

j.

Maybe he was referring to the protein content of those things, or he became more aware of the importance of keeping PUFA intake extremely low after writing the book.

4peatssake

Wilfrid said:
j. said:

When Ray said that all dietary PUFA is bad, I think that we need to look back to one of his previous book: " Nutrition for women".
In the chapter on " Colitis, regional enteritis...", he wrote that proteins like " eggs, chicken broth, sardines should not interfere with thyroid function...".
So, such kind of statement leaves me with only fews options:

1- RP didn't know, when he wrote the book, that sardine is a fatty fish loaded with PUFA and a
very good source of omega 3. But this explanation is very unlikely,no?

2- After all, omega 3 rich fatty fish like sardines,anchovies ect... are not so "dangerous" even for those with so critics conditions like auto-immune disease and/or with low thyroid function.
This is really something you should bring up with him.

That said, in the copy of Nutrition for Women that I have, he made some additional notes after reviewing it years later, which he said he does from time to time to see if he still agrees "with the orientation I had when I was writing it."

He has always maintained the toxicity of pufa and continues to do so. To suggest otherwise clearly misrepresents him and his work.

J

j.

4peatssake said:
To suggest otherwise clearly misrepresents him and his work.

Jesus Christ, no wonder some people started calling this forum a cult.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
charlie CDC: Face Masks Don’t Prevent COVID-19, Study Finds Masks Have Negligible Impact On Coronavirus Numbers Articles & Scientific Studies 7
Drareg German Study: Laboratory Accident Most Likely Cause of Coronavirus Pandemic Society 8
AlexR Teflon "Forever Chemical" Detox Through Phlebotomy Study Science 6
charlie An Open-Label Pilot Study With High-Dose Thiamine in Parkinson's Disease Scientific Studies 5
ddjd New Study By Dr. Steven Quay Concludes that SARS-CoV-2 Came from a Laboratory Ask For Help or Advice 3
S The SECAR study: Sodium selenite reverses chemotherapy resistance Cancer 5
I 2015 Study ; Beverage Hydration Index Scientific Studies 4
I Study Showing Mitochondria moving between cells Scientific Studies 0
Hgreen56 Anti-Peat Study reveals how sugars wipe out important bacteria in gut Debate - Anti-Peat 16
I 2008 Study ; Comparison of lipid and fatty acid profiles of commercially raised pigs with laboratory pigs and wild-ranging warthogs Scientific Studies 0
ecstatichamster Can you Debunk this asymptomatic spreader study on an airplane Articles & Scientific Studies 9
ecstatichamster Yet another stupid asymptomatic spread Covid study Articles & Scientific Studies 8
J Interesting study claims Vitamin K2 should be classified as a hormone Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
ecstatichamster asymptomatic spreaders - a fake study? Scientific Studies 3
Mauritio Autism Study Suggests Connection Between Repetitive Behaviors And Gut Problems Scientific Studies 9
Drareg COVID T CELL Study In The UK Articles & Scientific Studies 10
A Exploratory Controlled Study Of The Migraine-Suppressing Effects Of Psilocybin Articles & Scientific Studies 1
H A Cross-sectional Study Of Plasma Trace Elements And Vitamins Content In Androgenetic Alopecia In Me Articles & Scientific Studies 0
ecstatichamster Study Shows Lockdowns Cause More Infection Than Not Scientific Studies 3
Gadreel Has Anyone Else Heard Of A 8 Wk 400mg Dhea Study? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 21
Drareg Danish Largest Mask Study Refused Entry Into "scientific Journals" Articles & Scientific Studies 50
lvysaur Study: Sourdough Consumption Produces Worse Symptoms Starches, Fiber, Legumes 8
haidut Lab Animals Kept Under Stressful Conditions, Thus Affecting Study Results Scientific Studies 5
Lokzo Fish Oil Supplements Improve Testicular Health: Study Of 1,679 Healthy Young Men Scientific Studies 30
Tristan Loscha Metabolomics Study Reveals Differences Between Diabetic And Non‐diabetic Patients With Cataract Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 0
Drareg WHO Study Put Coronavirus Mortality Rate At 0.6% Articles & Scientific Studies 20
Mito Seafood Study Finds Plastic In All Samples Articles & Scientific Studies 5
Marcine Study On Fructose Brain Effect Ask For Help or Advice 8
B Looking For Study Scientific Studies 2
haidut Niacinamide (vitamin B3) May Cure HIV (human Study) Scientific Studies 9
Mito Thyroid Function Analysis In 50 Patients With COVID-19: A Retrospective Study Thyroid and Hormones 0
jzeno Womp Womp: NIH DROPS Big Study Of Big Pharma Fauci's Love Child, Remdesivir Breaking News 1
Epistrophy Cellular Structure Study Experiments 0
GorillaHead Carnitine Is Peaty? Study Shows Decreased Peroxidation Scientific Studies 26
ecstatichamster Most Important Study - Shows Genetic Theories Are Completely False (involves Exosomes) Scientific Studies 0
Pufa-Puffin [STUDY] EMF Exposure Causing Tooth Decay In Rats Scientific Studies 0
PurpleHeart Anyone Care To Explain This Study About DHT Male Issues 16
RealNeat Monkey Study Shows Immunity To SRSCV2 After Exposure Health 0
L Funtional SARS-coV2 Immune Response Study Miscellaneous Health Discussions 7
berk Study: Music With 190 Bpm Improves Your Workouts Scientific Studies 4
Kingpinguin PUFA Has Greater Anti-epileptic Effect Than SFA In Ketogenic Diet According To Study Scientific Studies 1
cinderella An Interesting Case Study Of A 49 Year Old Woman Thyroid and Hormones 0
methylenewhite Parkinson’s Begins In The Gut. One More Study Scientific Studies 4
berk Study: Fructose Is A Cortisol Booster Scientific Studies 38
berk Which Of The Two Women Do You Find Most Attractive? (study) Scientific Studies 34
Ptolemy Is This Something To Worry About? Study: Eggs Increase Oxidizability Of Human Plasma And Cholesterol Eggs 18
berk Study: Low-carb High Protein Diet Causes Muscles To Grow Without Training Scientific Studies 2
Cameron Aspirin Can Disrupt Sleep In Human Study? Ask For Help or Advice 1
berk Study: Tryptophan Supplementation Improves Body Composition Scientific Studies 0
zarrin77 Study Supports Leucine (bcaa) And Phenylalanine Combination For Body Composition Scientific Studies 0