What Do You Think About Rutin?

vulture

Seems like an interesting supplement for varicose veins, blood thinner and anti inflammatory

Terma

Yeah, I tried this, Solgar and as part of many extended-release cheap Vitamin C products on crappy pharmacy store shelves (together with Hesperidin/etin).

It's supposed to help against AGEs.

I felt good on the Vit C Ext. Release combo, but the dedicated Rutin suppl. was completely unnoticeable on any of my issues (from metabolic to joint-related).

OP
vulture

vulture

But if it doesn’t? I mean, some people might tolerate it well as you said. I’ve seen anecdotical reports on varicose veins improvement with rutin

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
Does anyone know if rutin might help with Peyronie's disease fibrotic material in the penis shaft?

LA

Seems like an interesting supplement for varicose veins, blood thinner and anti inflammatory
Rutin is included in the Bioflavonaids we have been using, via one brand or another, for many years. Each of us takes one along with 1 or 2 grams of ascorbic acid in the morning. Currently we are using a tablet that contains:
Lemon Bioflavonoid
Hesperidin Complex
Rutin Complex
----It is a typical mix (more of less) of what we have been using for many years.
It seems to improve my breathing and my circulation. I asked my husband what he noticed about it and he said - "I just feel better when I take it"

LA

Bioflavonoids are companions to vitamin C and essential for the proper absorption and use of Vit C in keeping collagen, the intercellular cement in healthy condition. Supposedly a lack of bioflavonoids contribute to rheumatism
There are health books reporting on many of these topics by Linda Clark, J.I.Rodale (Rodale Press), Paavo Airola, Adele Davis or from searches in Pubmed
It is reported that Rutin is supposed to be helpful in preventing recurring bleeding from weakened blood vessels
I take vitamin C (ascorbic acid) daily and also bioflavonoids if we have them in stock. I "seem" to be intolerant of Orange Food (OJ, orange carrots, etc)
I believe it is best 'for me' to take all of the Bioflavonoids other than only one of them
I keep notes on what works 'for me' and what does not; everyone is different
----It is wise for us to remember that Rats produce their own Vitamin C, we Humans do not therefore we need supplemental Vit C