What Do You Think About Food Combining And The Warrior Diet?

Lucenzo01

Hi Peatarians, I have been reading everything that came to my hands about nutrition for the last year's. I have tried almost every supplement out there, tried from IF to Ray Peat. Everything has pros and cons.

Now I have been thinking about food combining and the logic is reasonable. Different kinds of food go through the digestive track at different times. Maybe this is the reason why many people struggle with endotoxins and serotonin? Undigested food getting wrapped in our digestive track and "rotting" inside?

Another related topic is the subject of meal frequency. I have done IF in the past and felt great for a time, but after some months I felt honestly worst. But eating three times a day makes me tired and suck my energy up really fast. It is maybe because I'm not combining my food properly? Would drinking plenty of.orange juice during the day and eating a full-filling proteins and fat meal at night work? Maybe we could get the best of the both worlds at the same. Has anyone experienced with any of this?

Jsaute21

My advice is neither option you mention is sustainable or attainable if you live a normal life. If you have a wife, husband, job, social life, etc both are fairly unattainable and extremely limiting options that lead to orthrexia. TBH, much like other nutrition nerds i have scowered the web, and this is by far the most informed community/methodology i have encountered, backed by normal and successful people. Dont waste your time with that hocus pocus. Look at the worlds best athletes or most brilliant people, do any get caught up with food combining or IF? I don't advocate eating cheeseburgers all the time but your better off having one once in a while than stressing out about food strategies. Just my 2C.

Constatine

Hi Peatarians, I have been reading everything that came to my hands about nutrition for the last year's. I have tried almost every supplement out there, tried from IF to Ray Peat. Everything has pros and cons.

Now I have been thinking about food combining and the logic is reasonable. Different kinds of food go through the digestive track at different times. Maybe this is the reason why many people struggle with endotoxins and serotonin? Undigested food getting wrapped in our digestive track and "rotting" inside?

Another related topic is the subject of meal frequency. I have done IF in the past and felt great for a time, but after some months I felt honestly worst. But eating three times a day makes me tired and suck my energy up really fast. It is maybe because I'm not combining my food properly? Would drinking plenty of.orange juice during the day and eating a full-filling proteins and fat meal at night work? Maybe we could get the best of the both worlds at the same. Has anyone experienced with any of this?
Eating three times a day likely makes you tired because you have fasted in the past. Fasting destroys your metabolism and ability to handle sugar. It took me a while to recover from my IF days but I can now eat all day withough getting tired from food (unless it is high in pufa). And yes undigestable foods do rot inside of you. Taking niacinamide will help you handle more meals, though it might take a while.

cyclops

[QUOTE="Jsaute21, post: 239086, member: 4672" Look at the worlds best athletes .[/QUOTE]

Vitamin S!

Regina

Eating three times a day likely makes you tired because you have fasted in the past. Fasting destroys your metabolism and ability to handle sugar. It took me a while to recover from my IF days but I can now eat all day withough getting tired from food (unless it is high in pufa). And yes undigestable foods do rot inside of you. Taking niacinamide will help you handle more meals, though it might take a while.
"Fasting destroys your metabolism and ability to handle sugar. It took me a while to recover from my IF days.."
Exactly same story for me. It took away my good metabolism and I am having to learn all over again how to handle sugar.

jitsmonkey

[QUOTE="Jsaute21, post: 239086, member: 4672" Look at the worlds best athletes .

Vitamin S![/QUOTE]

Vitamin S or not.... none of the worlds top athletes re using IF and unless there's an outlier none of them are using food combining either.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals