What Do You Guys Think Of My Diet? What Can I Improve ?

Cirion

I treat supplements carefully these days too. At first I had a massive stack. Then I swore off supplements entirely. Now I stick to supplements that I really feel like I need. They can actually hurt you if you aren't careful. A lot of people are deficient in one or a couple of the fat solubles, B vitamins, choline, magnesium, sodium etc these are some things that many (of course not all) people are deficient in. For me its more important to avoid deficiencies since I am overweight which stress depletes these various vitamins quickly. If you don't feel any symptoms of stress then most of these vitamin stores are probably fine. I do also use a couple of Haidut/Georgi's products like Pyrucet, but again this is really not necessary if you're healthy, I take this to accelerate my fat loss (Pyrucet blocks fatty acid oxidation (FAO)) which if you're not familiar with the process of FAO and fat loss, FAO paradoxically makes fat loss more difficult.

Cirion

I feel a bromance coming on here. redsun you stalker you... just admit you stalked his face book page. just kidding of course... lol

redsun

I feel a bromance coming on here. redsun you stalker you... just admit you stalked his face book page. just kidding of course... lol

It was from a post he made awhile ago and also his name Razvan is romanian, which I would know of course. Hysterical.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

It was from a post he made awhile ago and also his name Razvan is romanian, which I would know of course. Hysterical.
Does it really have to be casein protein? I saw that is very expensive here, I don’t know why. I just got in to university and I would prefer a cheaper option.

redsun

Does it really have to be casein protein? I saw that is very expensive here, I don’t know why. I just got in to university and I would prefer a cheaper option.

The only other option is whey protein which should be cheaper I'm sure. But the problem with whey it is very high in tryptophan which can become a problem if you use a lot of powder every day. If you used only 1 scoop a day of whey for 24g of extra protein while you eat other foods for the rest it shouldnt be too bad. Just keep track of how you feel from it, some people get problems from a lot of tryptophan in the whey some are fine with it. If whey makes you feel worse just getting more protein from food will have to do it then. Give it a shot.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Yeah because it’s really hard to get enough protein without eating extra fat. I will see.
The only other option is whey protein which should be cheaper I'm sure. But the problem with whey it is very high in tryptophan which can become a problem if you use a lot of powder every day. If you used only 1 scoop a day of whey for 24g of extra protein while you eat other foods for the rest it shouldnt be too bad. Just keep track of how you feel from it, some people get problems from a lot of tryptophan in the whey some are fine with it. If whey makes you feel worse just getting more protein from food will have to do it then. Give it a shot.[/QUOTE
Yeah beacause it’s really hard to get a decent amount of protein without eating extra fat and that would help. I will see.

Cirion

Healthy people can tend to handle tryptophan as it can convert to B3 if your metabolism is good. I actually did very well on whey protein back when I was healthy for this reason. Tryptophan is a metabolic disaster if you're like me and overweight etc currently though. Tryptophan for me converts straight into serotonin. I don't recommend this, but back in my heyday I used to eat at least half of my protein from whey shakes. B3 feels very good, so tryptophan either is a very good things or a very bad thing. I even would bring whey shakes to parties and drink that instead of alcohol. My metabolism was so good that whey would actually bring about mild euphoria and make me sociable (who needs alcohol?) My goal is to get back to that eventually, I miss it.

rob

@Razvan It’s hard to get the ratios right when trying to tick other boxes but, technically, your Ca:Mg looks high, getting on for 6:1. I wouldn’t want to push it past 2:1.

Also, arguably, K:Na is not the best. K could be higher and/or Na lower, depending on exercise and electrolyte requirements.

ebs

Yeh that would bump up you amino acids intake which is a bit low overall and muscle meats and ground beef(which you already eat) would add lots of glycine in there. Emphasis on a more protein, don't go crazy with the fat but it can help increase calories which is what you said you wanted. Ground beef has more glycine then muscle meats. Glycine is an important anabolic amino acid. 4g is scraping by but if you got up to 6g with food that would be better.

Ground beef isn't muscle meat?

I eat 200 grams 10% fat a day sometimes.

What kind of app is this to see all these specifications?

redsun

Ground beef isn't muscle meat?

I eat 200 grams 10% fat a day sometimes.

What kind of app is this to see all these specifications?

Ground beef has a mix of meats, can be muscle, can be other parts, depends. Cronometer app is good to see nutrients in your food.

NewACC

I am 19 years old . I workout 3 times a
Week and I am 6.3 with 195 lbs. Should I eat more ? What can I improve?
But there people doesn't agree with me, because I like very low fat diet like ~10-15g per 270ccal per day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals