What do you eat during the cold Winter?

Dutchie

I'm wondering what you all daily eat during the cold months?....still fruit or more root veggies?
And do you find you subconsciously/unsubconsciously tweak your Macro's...higher fat/lowered carb intake during winter? bc over at Peatarian,there are some debates that increasing fat-intake migth lower metabolism which I find kind of disturbing.

Dutchie

Jenn said:
I drink an extra coffee and lots of soups and more sugar. Less milk, except in coffee. Less OJ. More peach cobbler. ;)
Do you use less milk for a reason?....no hot coco?;)

Interesting you eat more sugar,during cold days I always crave more fatty things.

Jenn

I don't drink it cold in the winter, as in having a glass of milk for a meal or snack. In winter, I kind of shut down and my digestion isn't as good. I can't digest fat fast enough to keep warm and need to rely on faster/easier digesting sugar.

Dutchie

Jenn said:
I don't drink it cold in the winter, as in having a glass of milk for a meal or snack. In winter, I kind of shut down and my digestion isn't as good. I can't digest fat fast enough to keep warm and need to rely on faster/easier digesting sugar.

I seem to experience that on dark days too,so I'm guessing it's lack of sunligth....vit.D supplementation&the rigth kind of ligths could maybe correct that?
But your comment also made me think of a study about cow vs. goatdairy I read a while ago. It said that cowdairy can take the body 3to4hours to metabolize bc of the LCFA,whereas goatdairy was metabolized within 20minutes bc of the higher amount of SCFA.
So maybe if you use fatsources with more SCFA and MCT from coconut oil,you'll get warmer faster?.....but if sugar works for you and you like it,keep on going.:)
Also fat digestion is a task of the liver,so maybe the liver is obstructed too much by toxins from bad digestion?...I read Glycine,Taurine and Glutamine are critical amino's for the liver as is enough protein in general.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J What To Eat Before Bed To Keep Heart Rate Up During Sleep? Ask For Help or Advice 26
M How many mushrooms should I eat? Diet 5
GelatinGoblin Which fish is best to eat in-terms of PUFA, Mercury? And maybe pollution, nuclear waste... Seafood 4
Tarmander Why You Should Eat Raw Meat Diet 134
Lokzo Eat Red Meat Without TMAO Increase? Metabolism 3
Soren Help Can't Eat Anything Debilitating Excess Saliva Digestion 30
P What To Eat After Blood Donation? Diet 4
L Is Asparagus “Safe” To Eat? Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 0
S Is It Dangerous To Eat Cooked Insects? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Tristan Loscha Eat Right™ American Dietetic Association Pharmaceutical Sponsorship Disclosure Miscellaneous Health Discussions 8
A I Dont Tolerate Food X Anymore, I Can’t Eat Anything Anymore Ask For Help or Advice 17
A Setting Alarm For The Middle Of The Night To Eat? Metabolism 25
wealthofwisdom Is It OK If I Never Eat Liver? Ask For Help or Advice 25
Hgreen56 Eat No More That 1 Tsp Fat With A Meal To Prevent Inhibition Of The Oxidative Burning Of Sugar? Fats 1
lyfe Gelatin Creme Brulee - FINALLY A Gelatin Recipe I LOVE To Eat Recipes 13
G What Carbs Can You Eat Without Spiking? Diet, Recipes 0
Z What Do You Eat For Breakfast? Recipes 68
wealthofwisdom Don't Eat X, But Eat More Calories Diet 49
GreekDemiGod What Nutrients Are We Missing If We Don't Eat Vegetables? Diet 19
wealthofwisdom Can't Eat Oysters Or Liver? Ask For Help or Advice 44
J Are Oysters Safe To Eat? Diet 10
RealNeat Gut Bacteria Eat Colon Lining When Starved For Fiber Health 4
Lenny Quick Question: Should I Eat White Button Muchrooms While Taking Minocycline? Ask For Help or Advice 6
C How Much Beef Liver To Eat Living In A Place With Lots Of Sun? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Hans Have You Meat, But Eat It First Scientific Studies 5
cyclops For Those Of You Who Eat 1oz Liver Every Day Organ Meat 33
Mito Fungi That 'Eat' Radiation Are Growing On The Walls Of Chernobyl The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 4
berk You Can Eat All The Kcal From Protein/sugar You Want Without Stored As Fat On A Fat Deficient Diet? Metabolism 10
berk What For Problems/symptoms Do You Get If You Eat To Much PUFA? Fats 5
meatbag Visualising The Amount Of Plastic We Eat Society 0
Anders86 What Did Monet Eat In A Day? Diet 1
S Is It Ok To Eat PUFA If You Are Not Overconsuming Calories (gaining Fat)? Diet 8
Dino D What Do Skinny People Eat? Diet 67
ecstatichamster What Does Gilbert Ling Eat? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 9
paulwalkerrip White Rice - Do You Eat It? Starches, Fiber, Legumes 40
paulwalkerrip So. Do You Guys Just Never Eat Out? Eating Out, On The Run, Restaurants, Grocery Store 43
P Do You Eat Like A Weirdo In Front Of Family/friends? Diet, Recipes 50
skittles I Thought This Was Interesting - Eat Like Andy Warhol The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 0
Razvan How Can I Eat 5000 Calories A Day And Lose Weight? Diet 68
Locutus Would You Eat This? Diet 2
Locutus Would You Eat These Gummies? Sweets, Snacks 4
B Which Types Of Olives Are Safest And Best To Eat? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Francisco How Often Should I Eat Liver To Remedy Dandruff Skin 9
jzeno What Foods Do You Enjoy Eating But Don't Eat? Diet, Recipes 8
ShotTrue When You Eat All The Pufa In The Garbage Bins Weight 12
Repas du soir Can You Eat Roasted Coffee Beans? Diet 6
L How Infrequently Can You Eat Gelatin? Gelatin 0
T When Bloated - To Eat Or Not To Eat? Digestion 9
haidut The People With The World's Healthiest Hearts Eat A 72% Carbohydrate Diet Scientific Studies 20
Gadsie I Think 5 Liters Of Milk A Day Gives Me Diarrhea, But I Don’t Know What Else To Eat Ask For Help or Advice 47