What do you eat during the cold Winter?

Dutchie

I'm wondering what you all daily eat during the cold months?....still fruit or more root veggies?
And do you find you subconsciously/unsubconsciously tweak your Macro's...higher fat/lowered carb intake during winter? bc over at Peatarian,there are some debates that increasing fat-intake migth lower metabolism which I find kind of disturbing.

OP
D

Dutchie

Jenn said:
I drink an extra coffee and lots of soups and more sugar. Less milk, except in coffee. Less OJ. More peach cobbler. ;)
Do you use less milk for a reason?....no hot coco?;)

Interesting you eat more sugar,during cold days I always crave more fatty things.

Jenn

I don't drink it cold in the winter, as in having a glass of milk for a meal or snack. In winter, I kind of shut down and my digestion isn't as good. I can't digest fat fast enough to keep warm and need to rely on faster/easier digesting sugar.

OP
D

Dutchie

Jenn said:
I don't drink it cold in the winter, as in having a glass of milk for a meal or snack. In winter, I kind of shut down and my digestion isn't as good. I can't digest fat fast enough to keep warm and need to rely on faster/easier digesting sugar.

I seem to experience that on dark days too,so I'm guessing it's lack of sunligth....vit.D supplementation&the rigth kind of ligths could maybe correct that?
But your comment also made me think of a study about cow vs. goatdairy I read a while ago. It said that cowdairy can take the body 3to4hours to metabolize bc of the LCFA,whereas goatdairy was metabolized within 20minutes bc of the higher amount of SCFA.
So maybe if you use fatsources with more SCFA and MCT from coconut oil,you'll get warmer faster?.....but if sugar works for you and you like it,keep on going.:)
Also fat digestion is a task of the liver,so maybe the liver is obstructed too much by toxins from bad digestion?...I read Glycine,Taurine and Glutamine are critical amino's for the liver as is enough protein in general.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals