What Do You All Recommend?

Base Ball

I have enjoyed reading this forum the past several years, especially after I was DX with an aggressive prostate cancer a couple of years ago. I'm not as fluent with the chemistry/biology as most of your are. As a result I have to think about, and study, a lot of what is said here before I use it. I just got around to buying some IdeaLabs stuff and will be working those into my routine now. My pc had some neuroendocrine malignancy as well as regular adenocarcinoma. Thats bad, and usually when docs find that stuff the average life span is about 7 months. The treatments are high dose chemo, and radiation both of which induce a "response" but not much else. I was in such a state of shock with the news that I allowed a lot of these treatments in the first 6 months, but quickly learned I had to say "no" just to survive. The treatments are just insanely inhuman and I am not really sure there is any functional difference between what medicine is doing now in cancer and whatAG Farben and the nazis did in WWII. What I like about Peat's philosophy is that it is "coherent" to me. Its not just "kill this, block this or that enzyme" like so much of modern medicine is today. Others before Peat had the same notion of "coherence" but advocated difference approaches. People like Gerson, Abram Hoffer, Pauling, and others. I try to look for overlap between all these folks, and not be too rigid in my ideology. I'm not sure about much of anything but I am pretty sure that Peat was right when he said, and I'm paraphrasing here, that disease is an energy deficit. How it manifest depends on local resources vs demand. What I have found to work so are: niacinamide about 1,500 mg divided over about 6-7 doses throughout the day. Kaufman used more than this for years with people with arthritis and they flourished. Vitamin C, preferably in the lypospheric form, 5-10 grams a day. 100 mg of Vitamin k2. I recently upped that from 45 mg based on some things I saw on this board. 4-5 regular aspirin spread of through the day. Vitamin D at about 10,000 units a day. I've added cyproheptadine, and Oxidal, and I am thinking about adding high dose thiamine, and androsterone. My diet is more Peatish, but I will still eat a good organic hamburger when I really want one. I think cancer behaves much like a pleomorphic pathogen, but we can identify things like adrenaline, cortisol, prolactin, lactate, and our old friend serotonin as "markers" for fuel on the cancer highway. Now that I am experimenting with my rat, do any of you have any recommendations about high dose thiamine or androsterone to block adrenaline a little further, lower lactate some more (the rat's lace in the in the normal range but on the high side of normal) and further suppress serotonin, prolactin, and cortisol?

tara

I think if I was in your shoes I'd be investigating the threads on Koch and maybe Gerson and amongst others.
I assume you've read Peat's article on Prostate Cancer.

Energy deficiency disease makes sense. Unfortunately, once a tumour is established, it can have some capacity to create a field around itself to provide conditions supporting its own growth.

I hope you can find an effective way to slow, stop or better yet turn it around. Some have succeeded.

sele

I had read somewhere that male estrogen dominance causes BPH.
@Base Ball, it may be different for prostate cancer, but have you thought about trying progesterone?

OP
B

Base Ball

@sele, yes I used Peat's. I liked it, but my estrogen levels were going up so I stopped. I just bought a bottle of 5a-DHP, which doesn't convert to estrogen I think. Part of what I have to over come is a year's worth of 5-AR suppression using both finasteride and dutasteride every day. Not to mention flutamide. Those drugs suppress the 5-AR in the brain so everything good about progesterone get blocked by the anti 5-AR drugs. I think @haidut is right. Someday someone is going to cure a bad case of pc with DHT, progesterone, and some of the other protective agents and then they will say what? oops?

sele

yes I used Peat's.
Peat doesn't have any products.

I liked it, but my estrogen levels were going up so I stopped.
Progesterone gets estrogen out from cells into the blood. That's why it shows up high in blood tests sometimes.
It does not convert to estrogen. Progesterone is really an awesome thing once you get to know it more.

A safe physiological approach to cancer, based on the opposition of progesterone to estrogen, would be applicable to every type of cancer promoted by estrogen -Ray Peat

OP
B

Base Ball

He formulated Progest-E, which is progesterone in some vitamin E. I agree progesterone is awesome. I will look into a little more.

RePeatRePeat

So, @Base Ball you are saying that you have lived a year and a half past what was expected for the kind of cancer you are dealing with. I imagine the chemo fiends, um, I mean doctors will think it is because of the chemo you did for the first 6 months. Perhaps it is, but of course I believe it is everything you did since then and continue to do. Plus, maybe you are also just one tough bastard, lol! I look forward to reading your future posts.