What Do You All Do For Work And Do You Like It?

Gone Peating

Title! I need to get a job and I want to get one. But every job I've considered or been aware of I just can't picture myself enjoying all that much! Every modern job seems so serotonin and stress inducing and not based on commradery and enjoyment. Help! :sorry:

bistecca

I work construction. It's fun, as long as you can avoid some of the real hazards and stresses. Right now I'm mostly installing windows. Moving around all day, outside a lot, lifting heavy things, problem solving, social interaction in a fairly low stress environment. Have to watch out for respiratory irritants like dust, fumes, volatile chemicals, etc. It's been really enlightening with respect to understanding how homes are built, why they fail, and all the ways things can go wrong. Your home can be a serious source of stress and toxic burden.. it's important to understand how and why. It can also be a fantastically functional and tranquil place when well designed. I don't think it's something I want to do for the rest of my life.. But working in this industry has been enjoyable and enlightening.

somuch4food

All jobs will be stressful in a way. The key is to find something you love that would put your best assets to use. A fulfulling job would offset a lot of negatives.

If nothing gets you going, try to look for a job where you can help others or where the social environment is agreeable.

Comradery and enjoyment are less related to the job and more to the people with whom you would work.

I am a web developer btw. I'm bombarded with EMFs all day and spend my days in a sitted position while minimally interacting with people. Not really health friendly, but I enjoy working my brain on solving problems.

churchmouth

Oil and gas engineer. Good work conditions like standing desk, plants and window light.

Stressful in short bursts , and long-term stress of doing a job I don't really have any attraction to. Never worrying about money is a huge stress relief though. I can save 70% of my paycheck easily.

OP
G

Gone Peating

All jobs will be stressful in a way. The key is to find something you love that would put your best assets to use. A fulfulling job would offset a lot of negatives.

If nothing gets you going, try to look for a job where you can help others or where the social environment is agreeable.

Comradery and enjoyment are less related to the job and more to the people with whom you would work.

I am a web developer btw. I'm bombarded with EMFs all day and spend my days in a sitted position while minimally interacting with people. Not really health friendly, but I enjoy working my brain on solving problems.

Yea I'm ok with stressful situations, but there are different types of stress.

Used to work in sales and absolutely hated it even though I was pretty good at it.

Essentially, I need to take on stress where the end goal makes sense at a basic level, something that is necessary for survival so to speak. I don't want to perform a surrogate activity 8 hours a day Monday through Friday just because I have to. You feelin a nigga???

fradon

Title! I need to get a job and I want to get one. But every job I've considered or been aware of I just can't picture myself enjoying all that much! Every modern job seems so serotonin and stress inducing and not based on commradery and enjoyment. Help! :sorry:
i a photographer

very mind consuming job. if you like to get absorb into things this could be it.

InChristAlone

Stay at home Mom, best job ever.

denise

I write online training courses for a medical device company. What I love about it is the variety. I'm asked to write about just about everything: anatomy, pathology, products, HR policies, how to use software, the list goes on... so I get to learn a lot while I'm writing. If I had a job where I wasn't learning anything, I would shrivel up and die. It's a family-owned company with good benefits, which helps. The worst thing is sitting all day. I've tried a standing desk, and it just made my back hurt.

Stramonium

I work from home as a graphic designer. I consider it to be less stressful than any normal 9 to 5 jobs. Sometimes there's more things to do which can be stressful but I endure them with more food of course. Plus I get to manage my own time

Wolf

Oil and gas engineer. Good work conditions like standing desk, plants and window light.

Stressful in short bursts , and long-term stress of doing a job I don't really have any attraction to. Never worrying about money is a huge stress relief though. I can save 70% of my paycheck easily.
Chemical or mechanical?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals