What do people think this skin condition is?

SamYo123

What skin condition is this on my cheek area? Ignore the forehead flaky skin thats from some sunburn previously..

It flakes if rub it..
491775D5-BF3A-4032-852F-4D60E76B0C67.jpeg
54B421DE-A0CF-470D-8C14-7D0190F56430.jpeg

SOMO

Do you take B3 Niacinamide by any chance?

Regardless of the cause, it looks like some basic dermatitis or acnitic condition.

Just put Coconut Oil on it and if it doesn't improve within 3 days, get yourself some Lanolin and that should resolve it.

I would wash your face with Salicylic Acid regularly and Listerine to keep the epidermis exfoliated and disinfected.

OP
S

SamYo123

Do you take B3 Niacinamide by any chance?

Regardless of the cause, it looks like some basic dermatitis or acnitic condition.

Just put Coconut Oil on it and if it doesn't improve within 3 days, get yourself some Lanolin and that should resolve it.

I would wash your face with Salicylic Acid regularly and Listerine to keep the epidermis exfoliated and disinfected.
I just tried some for a week. Doesn’t do anything different.

coconut oil seems to make it worse I think but that was tested with carbs at the same time

you got links to those cleaners?

BobbinTook

Is your nose red too? If so I'd say rosacea and try tea tree oil(to kill demodex mites that might be causing the inflammation, can also take care of some other things that might be causing it). Else if treating as dermatitis I'd try a daily 10% sulphur soap cleanse and if the area is sore/dry after moisturize with shea butter(shouldn't feed the infection/clog pores like some oils will and will provide some mild spf while healing). I have had success with both of these methods, permanent with the tea tree on suspected rosacea on the nose/cheek area, but only symptomatic relief with regular use for the other method on dermatitis located on beard/scalp areas).

Last edited:

jaype

Try a pyrithione zinc soap bar and a niacinamide based moisturizer, i like cerave PM. The zinc inhibits the fungus and the niacinamide moisturizer helps build up the skin barrier. I'd avoid any oils on the face except for MCT oil, it doesn't feed the malassezia yeast.

OP
S

SamYo123

Try a pyrithione zinc soap bar and a niacinamide based moisturizer, i like cerave PM. The zinc inhibits the fungus and the niacinamide moisturizer helps build up the skin barrier. I'd avoid any oils on the face except for MCT oil, it doesn't feed the malassezia yeast.
Tried it. Doesn’t work

also oils don’t feed the yeast.

carbs do

Last edited:

SOMO

I just tried some for a week. Doesn’t do anything different.

coconut oil seems to make it worse I think but that was tested with carbs at the same time

you got links to those cleaners?

Amazon product ASIN B000I1OYNKView: https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Solutions-Lanolin-Environment-Protectant/dp/B000I1OYNK/ref=sxts_rp_s2_0?cv_ct_cx=lanolin&dchild=1&keywords=lanolin&pd_rd_i=B000I1OYNK&pd_rd_r=fa6884e2-8341-4ebd-ab3b-4c10b600b92b&pd_rd_w=9r7vo&pd_rd_wg=T1xFz&pf_rd_p=e64e557a-9088-4af1-8992-8ddbd7854c7f&pf_rd_r=AXMFMC1G3JZY9975QY9B&psc=1&qid=1623536123&rdc=1&sr=1-2-f0029781-b79b-4b60-9cb0-eeda4dea34d6

The Lanolin also converts to Vitamin D if you go out in the sun, but I usually put it on at night before bed because it's rather sticky and oily.

Amazon product ASIN B07HYKB2LLView: https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Organic-Ingredients-Exfoliating-Blackheads/dp/B07HYKB2LL/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=salicylic+acid&qid=1623536236&s=beauty&sr=1-6

The Salicylic Acid you can literally go to any drugstore and pick up any SA product, they're usually marketed as "anti acne" products but SA is a form of Aspirin and does so much more. I personally like the wipes because it's easier to wipe your face than to wash your face.
Amazon product ASIN B000NUN8C4View: https://www.amazon.com/Stridex-Daily-Care-Salicylic-Sensitive/dp/B000NUN8C4/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=salicylic+acid+wipes&qid=1623536317&s=beauty&sr=1-7

The SA also has the added benefit of actually making your skin look younger by increasing the turnover of skin cells underneath the top layer of skin. It should also help with the slight redness on those spots on your cheeks.

The last thing I would suggest is regular old Listerine. The essential oils in Listerine are strong antimicrobials so if those spots on your skin ARE related to some bacteria or fungal, it will definitely help with that. Coconut oil is also antifungal, which is why I suggested it earlier. I just put some listerine on a paper towel and wipe my face with it, just avoid rubbing it directly over your eyes.

In my experience, skin lesions/breakouts/inflammation should respond quickly to topical treatment, so if it isn't improving within 3 days, I would try something else.

OP
S

SamYo123

Amazon product ASIN B000I1OYNKView: https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Solutions-Lanolin-Environment-Protectant/dp/B000I1OYNK/ref=sxts_rp_s2_0?cv_ct_cx=lanolin&dchild=1&keywords=lanolin&pd_rd_i=B000I1OYNK&pd_rd_r=fa6884e2-8341-4ebd-ab3b-4c10b600b92b&pd_rd_w=9r7vo&pd_rd_wg=T1xFz&pf_rd_p=e64e557a-9088-4af1-8992-8ddbd7854c7f&pf_rd_r=AXMFMC1G3JZY9975QY9B&psc=1&qid=1623536123&rdc=1&sr=1-2-f0029781-b79b-4b60-9cb0-eeda4dea34d6

The Lanolin also converts to Vitamin D if you go out in the sun, but I usually put it on at night before bed because it's rather sticky and oily.

Amazon product ASIN B07HYKB2LLView: https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Organic-Ingredients-Exfoliating-Blackheads/dp/B07HYKB2LL/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=salicylic+acid&qid=1623536236&s=beauty&sr=1-6

The Salicylic Acid you can literally go to any drugstore and pick up any SA product, they're usually marketed as "anti acne" products but SA is a form of Aspirin and does so much more. I personally like the wipes because it's easier to wipe your face than to wash your face.
Amazon product ASIN B000NUN8C4View: https://www.amazon.com/Stridex-Daily-Care-Salicylic-Sensitive/dp/B000NUN8C4/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=salicylic+acid+wipes&qid=1623536317&s=beauty&sr=1-7

The SA also has the added benefit of actually making your skin look younger by increasing the turnover of skin cells underneath the top layer of skin. It should also help with the slight redness on those spots on your cheeks.

The last thing I would suggest is regular old Listerine. The essential oils in Listerine are strong antimicrobials so if those spots on your skin ARE related to some bacteria or fungal, it will definitely help with that. Coconut oil is also antifungal, which is why I suggested it earlier. I just put some listerine on a paper towel and wipe my face with it, just avoid rubbing it directly over your eyes.

In my experience, skin lesions/breakouts/inflammation should respond quickly to topical treatment, so if it isn't improving within 3 days, I would try something else.
Those are pores just more noticeable because of the redness

mariantos

I meant topically applied oils on the the affected areas. Malassezia feeds on fatty acids from oils.
Your suggestion is very good, I am sure that the antimicrobial effects of the oil will have the desired effect, although I think that if he's using topical coconut oil, it would mean becoming dependent on it, since it says that any type of carbohydrate causes redness. I think his problem may have something to do with his blood sugar, some bacteria or some kind of fungus may have created this imbalance, but I can't prove it. The problem must be somehow on the inside, can be a suppressed liver, an imbalance of the gut's flora, what can cause a difficult absorption or use of vitamins and minerals.

MrGilbert

Welcome to the club.
Some things that have helped me:

Avoid trigger foods eg. grains, nightshades, coffee, alcohol, vegetable oil
Moderate sun & salt water eg. swim at the beach
Regular steam sauna
Liver flushing
Doxycycline
Zz cream

Good luck!

OP
S

SamYo123

Btw I have noticed my tounge is rather pink right now, not whiteish.I haven’t had carbs in 18hours

golder

What have you found gives you the white tongue? And what have you found that clears the whiteness?
Do you drink alcohol?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals