What Cured Your Depression?

Seleniodine

Lithium Orotate might be worth a try. Low dose, say 5mg... subtle but good.

olive

Lithium Orotate might be worth a try. Low dose, say 5mg... subtle but good.
Good advice.
Wish I could use lithium, has so many benefits but whenever I take it I break out in acne and my vanity prevails. No idea what the mechanism is to prevent it. If anyone knows please share.

Nokoni

Frankdee20

Lithium was more of a stabilizer than anything, and for me, it eventually numbed me out to where I could care less lol

jzeno

Hi @ecstatichamster

I have a non-nutrition based suggestion--a therapy called EMDR. EMDR stands for Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing.

It's been shown to be a treatment for long-term depression. I can personally attest that it works even for mild depression, like feeling low or blue. Ive never been clinically diagnosed before though so my situation may have not been as serious as your family members'.

Comparison of Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as Adjunctive Treatments for Recurrent Depression: The Eur... - PubMed - NCBI
EMDR as a treatment for long‐term depression: A feasibility study

Brief tv news spot with an explanation, testimony, and demonstration

Prominent figure in the field today

Research--there's quite a bit on PubMed, just search EMDR, here's a few. It's effective for trauma, PTSD, psychosis, depression and even physical symptoms such as acne from stress, non-specific, chronic "back pain"
The Use of Eye-Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy in Treating Post-traumatic Stress Disorder-A Systematic Narrative Review. - PubMed - NCBI
Treating trauma in psychosis with EMDR: a pilot study. - PubMed - NCBI
The Role of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy in Medicine: Addressing the Psychological and Physical Symptoms Stemming from Adverse Life Experiences
Effects of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) on non-specific chronic back pain: a randomized controlled trial with additional ex... - PubMed - NCBI
Use of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) in the treatment of dermatologic disorders. - PubMed - NCBI

Community to discuss and learn more
EMDR Therapy
How I use self-administered EMDR at home : EMDR

Hope that helps

All the best

Last edited:
I have had depression all my life and I have found that eating enough calories was huge for me as well as thyroid.
Magneisum - this has got to be the safest - haidut has a study showing magnesium deficiency being the cause
L-Tyrosine
Taurine
Mehtleyne Blue
Solid Warm, Restful Sleep - Taking DHEA/Progesterone or drinking bone broth before bed

Outofacave

Vitamin D3 in the past ( a lot of it for a few days!!)

More Recently (past 8 months or so) I’ve been feeling very down. First injection of testosterone took care of my mood and libido. Motivation/drive/energy are still lagging but I’m so glad to be out of that cave. Currently 4 weeks on TRT

Hormone balance was something I had overlooked when trying to figure out what my issues were, even before this bout of “depression”.

I’m currently doing my own bloodwork to check for iron overload or copper overload . I’m tired of doctors who offer little to no help and waste my time and energy (I have very little to spare)

Outofacave

I’d also like to add that I just started taking pregnenolone and that gave me a BIG mood/energy/motivational boost

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I’d also like to add that I just started taking pregnenolone and that gave me a BIG mood/energy/motivational boost
How much are you taking and do you mind sharing your source?

nbznj

Low fat low starch dieting, “undereating” all day on fruits and protein isolates every other hour, training at very low volumes and high intensity every day, and feasting on animal foods and some easily digested veggies for dinner. Really gets the dopamine system dialed in.

Oh and HCG

milkboi

Low fat low starch dieting, “undereating” all day on fruits and protein isolates every other hour, training at very low volumes and high intensity every day, and feasting on animal foods and some easily digested veggies for dinner. Really gets the dopamine system dialed in.

Oh and HCG

„Undereating“ meaning eating in a calorie deficit?

milkboi

In what dose does it help you and when do you take it?

milkboi

I‘m taking 60mg Methylene Blue daily right now. Anti-depressive effects are definitely noticeable.

Nokoni

In what dose does it help you and when do you take it?
Right now I only take 1/8th tsp (320 mg) because I'm prone to kidney stones, and inosine is known to increase the risk of stones. When I noticed the mood brightening effect I was taking 1/4 tsp twice per day but I had to back off. Very unfortunate because I really liked it. So basically I take as much as I can. I take it in the morning.

nbznj

„Undereating“ meaning eating in a calorie deficit?

Just a modified fast type of dieting.

breakfast - 8am - 1 cup of berries (70kcal)
11am -5pm = 2 large meals and 2 protein shakes + fruits (2800kcal)
8pm - 3ish oysters with lemon (130kcal)

My TDEE is 3000kcal, I'm 6'3 200 10% fat, lift heavy 6 days a week for about 10 minutes total (and 40 minute rest periods lol)

jet9

Just a modified fast type of dieting.

breakfast - 8am - 1 cup of berries (70kcal)
11am -5pm = 2 large meals and 2 protein shakes + fruits (2800kcal)
8pm - 3ish oysters with lemon (130kcal)

My TDEE is 3000kcal, I'm 6'3 200 10% fat, lift heavy 6 days a week for about 10 minutes total (and 40 minute rest periods lol)
Could you tell what your large meals at 11am and 5pm look like ? Also what vegetables / fruits do you tolerate best ?

Lizb

Long walks, Socializing, green tea (increases dopamine more than just caffeine), Nofap, sun exposure, and a light therapy box 10000 lux, aspirin, fresh ginger, and beef liver + oysters are things that have helped me in the past.
What dose of aspirin please?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals