What Cured Your Depression?

I have a few men in my family who suffer depression. What would you suggest they do? What fixed yours? Thank you very much.

Frankdee20

B 6 as regular Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, and Zinc Picolinate gave wonderful mood boosts. Pregnenalone when it worked, was wonderful. Tribulus seems to be giving strong antidepressant effects.

biribau

Philosophy & knowing myself. To seek my way and seek what works for me

Frankdee20

Lower intake of choline may help, but the only way to know that is find out if high choline causes problems specifically for them.

Cirion

I doubt any one particular thing will but the following are some of the first things I did that started me in the right direction

- Getting enough sleep
- Nofap
- Increasing caloric intake of both dietary fat (good fats) and sugars
- Getting sunlight where possible
- Being aware of and cutting out stress from life

Lee Simeon

Cannot say I have been chronically depressed, but I concur with what Cirion is saying. The following is what I have heard friends of my say. Not that it cured it or anything but at least easing of symptoms. Sunlight, laughter, sleep, fulfilling work, music, therapy, playing games, being in nature, good companionship, reading for the sake of pleasure and SSRIs. Not sure that the last point will be getting a lot of love on this forum, but this is just what I have heard. I really have no clue though and since I have not suffered from it myself, I cant say that I endorse one way or the other.

Constatine

Long walks, Socializing, green tea (increases dopamine more than just caffeine), Nofap, sun exposure, and a light therapy box 10000 lux, aspirin, fresh ginger, and beef liver + oysters are things that have helped me in the past.

Last edited:

Runenight201

I’ve posted this before but essentially I believe depression to be a state of low energy production. When I was on a high starch diet, I would frequently become depressed, as I could just not ingest enough calories to sustain my metabolic functioning and positive moods, and all I could do is lay around the house doing nothing.

In this depressed high starch low energy state, I became most religious, as life was so awful that I naturally began seeking supernatural solutions to intercede and help me out. Once my energy productions were optimized and I started to feel much better, that need to encounter divinity dropped and I instead just became much more thankful for being on this planet and experience positive energy states. None of this involved any therapy or psychological mind games I had to play with myself, but were the natural thoughts that arose from the energy I was producing. I believe our food intake influences our physiology which then influences our psychology, and that is the most powerful way to induce changes.

Stimulate their appetite, and have them eat a big meaty, fatty, sugary meal, and see if that helps.

sebastian_r

changing the life circumstances that are making one depressed....job, relationships, health, money, city, country.

Dobbler

I’ve posted this before but essentially I believe depression to be a state of low energy production. When I was on a high starch diet, I would frequently become depressed, as I could just not ingest enough calories to sustain my metabolic functioning and positive moods, and all I could do is lay around the house doing nothing.

In this depressed high starch low energy state, I became most religious, as life was so awful that I naturally began seeking supernatural solutions to intercede and help me out. Once my energy productions were optimized and I started to feel much better, that need to encounter divinity dropped and I instead just became much more thankful for being on this planet and experience positive energy states. None of this involved any therapy or psychological mind games I had to play with myself, but were the natural thoughts that arose from the energy I was producing. I believe our food intake influences our physiology which then influences our psychology, and that is the most powerful way to induce changes.

Stimulate their appetite, and have them eat a big meaty, fatty, sugary meal, and see if that helps.
But something triggers that , something goes wrong along the way. Wild animals don't get depressed and are in high functioning energy state all the time. All kinds of stresses and inflammation break things. Low stress environment + low inflammatory diet , but that is incredibly hard to achieve for most.

TripleOG

Bright light is the most immediate and dramatic for me. Direct sunlight being the best, followed by high watt incandescent.

Frankdee20

Vitamin D helped me quite a bit, my levels were once 18, and then started supplementation along with K and Magnesium. Profound difference even getting as high as 32 ng/dl. Sunlight, especially that Florida Sun, helped me quite a bit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals