What could be done about extreme muscle rigidity/tension/tightness due to past klonopin (benzo) use?

TreasureVibe

Hey all, I'm asking for a friend. First I posted a similar thread but with the cause being being floxed but now we think it's her past klonopin use. She cold turkeyed it and then reinstated and tapered off. This was more than a year ago.

Klonopin is a benzodiazepine.

What could be done about extreme uncomfortable muscle tension/rigidity/tightness due to past klonopin use?

Thank you

Last edited:

cjm

Hey all, I'm asking for a friend. First I posted a similar thread but with the cause being being floxed but now we think it's her past klonopin use. She cold turkeyed it and then reinstated and tapered off. This was more than a year ago.

Klonopin is a benzodiazepine.

What could be done about extreme uncomfortable muscle tension/rigidity/tightness due to past klonopin use?

Thank you

Where's the tension coming from, anywhere in particular? How mobile are they, are they having trouble just getting around the house? Without resorting to chemical intervention, compression and orthotics would help encourage mobility, maybe give some confidence back if it's lacking. For example, tight hips respond well to walking around in a night brace for ankles. It will keep the foot from dropping too much, engaging the hips in a more balanced way. A tight neck responds well to chest compression (sometimes).

Someone very close to me takes .5mg most nights to calm down and fall asleep. That dosage is visually a quarter of a tablet. There aren't muscle issues like you describe but a dependency has formed in just a few months of regular usage.

I think what's happening is the inhibitory pathways (maybe just GABA) that benzos work through are being compromised. Uncompensated adrenaline, probably cortisol as well. Your friend and the person I know have already been re-wired by the drug and it's insane that after a year nothing has changed, and that such a low dosage could induce dependency.

Personally, nothing brings relief from spasms and tension better than Vitamin K and doxycycline. The quinones encourage the flow of energy. Theanine doesn't always work for me but it's pro-GABA, anti-adrenaline, anti-cortisol, might be worth a try.

How about diet and appetite? Has she lost a lot of weight? Malnourishment could be a complicating factor. If she can't assimilate enough food energy to support a robust metabolism, it would be hard to do anything but ameliorate symptoms.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Where's the tension coming from, anywhere in particular? How mobile are they, are they having trouble just getting around the house? Without resorting to chemical intervention, compression and orthotics would help encourage mobility, maybe give some confidence back if it's lacking. For example, tight hips respond well to walking around in a night brace for ankles. It will keep the foot from dropping too much, engaging the hips in a more balanced way. A tight neck responds well to chest compression (sometimes).

Someone very close to me takes .5mg most nights to calm down and fall asleep. That dosage is visually a quarter of a tablet. There aren't muscle issues like you describe but a dependency has formed in just a few months of regular usage.

I think what's happening is the inhibitory pathways (maybe just GABA) that benzos work through are being compromised. Uncompensated adrenaline, probably cortisol as well. Your friend and the person I know have already been re-wired by the drug and it's insane that after a year nothing has changed, and that such a low dosage could induce dependency.

Personally, nothing brings relief from spasms and tension better than Vitamin K and doxycycline. The quinones encourage the flow of energy. Theanine doesn't always work for me but it's pro-GABA, anti-adrenaline, anti-cortisol, might be worth a try.

How about diet and appetite? Has she lost a lot of weight? Malnourishment could be a complicating factor. If she can't assimilate enough food energy to support a robust metabolism, it would be hard to do anything but ameliorate symptoms.
She had a bad reaction to vitamin D3 vitamin K2 combo, she lost weight she's on the gard diet which restricts glutamate and anytime she eats something out of the diet she gets extreme muscle tightness and weakness afterwards.

I experienced this as well. There are various degrees of toxicity. The worst cases never seem to resolve entirely and many people never seem to find relief. I, too, had been floxxed, but using biohacks alternative medicine treatments really helps. I am able to function at about 70% on most days, but it is constant work. I got off these meds about 8 years ago.
Stretching and exercise help a lot, and cannabis, too, but I know that is not the focus here.
Also, There is a large support following on Facebook for “Floxxies.”

Perry Staltic

I would suspect mitochondrial damage caused by klonpan and antibiotic-induced thiamine deficiency. Apparently all psychotropic meds can cause mitochondrial damage.

Medications have now emerged as a major cause of mitochondrial damage, which may explain many adverse effects. All classes of psychotropic drugs have been documented to damage mitochondria, as have stain medications, analgesics such as acetaminophen, and many others.

You mentioned in the other thread that thiamine revs her up. Has she tried thiamine repletion with long term B1 ? I found the above research paper at the link below that discusses an antibiotic's role in long term thiamine deficiency. You might want to contact them for other ideas.

cjm

She had a bad reaction to vitamin D3 vitamin K2 combo, she lost weight she's on the gard diet which restricts glutamate and anytime she eats something out of the diet she gets extreme muscle tightness and weakness afterwards.

Sounds sensible to restrict glutamate if its excess is involved in seizure activity but it won't fix anything long-term.

Was the D3/K2 a tablet? Tablet excipients alone can cause persistent irritation in the intestines. I'm talking weeks of debilitation from one pill.

Does she have bad reactions to all supplements? I never got anything with excipients to work long-term. I swore off on thiamine after trying to make the fat-soluble Ecological Formulas version work, but it is loaded with junk that isn't thiamine. I've been taking 1.5g of the pure regular Hcl powder in the morning in one go without issue. I feel it subtly working for me, not against me like before.

She might be at the point where her intestines are really that sensitive, that Ray's suggestions for those with sensitive intestines to not eat starch, let alone take any supplements, makes sense. A year in without improvement speaks to the viciousness of your friend's cycle.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Sounds sensible to restrict glutamate if its excess is involved in seizure activity but it won't fix anything long-term.

Was the D3/K2 a tablet? Tablet excipients alone can cause persistent irritation in the intestines. I'm talking weeks of debilitation from one pill.

Does she have bad reactions to all supplements? I never got anything with excipients to work long-term. I swore off on thiamine after trying to make the fat-soluble Ecological Formulas version work, but it is loaded with junk that isn't thiamine. I've been taking 1.5g of the pure regular Hcl powder in the morning in one go without issue. I feel it subtly working for me, not against me like before.

She might be at the point where her intestines are really that sensitive, that Ray's suggestions for those with sensitive intestines to not eat starch, let alone take any supplements, makes sense. A year in without improvement speaks to the viciousness of your friend's cycle.
No they were K2 D3 liquid drops by Thorne Research. She also felt very weak and drugged from magnesium citrate by Now Foods which she took a separate time. She also took Lion's Mane full mushrooms at the same time as the K2 D3 liquid drops so she doesn't know what caused the reaction.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I would suspect mitochondrial damage caused by klonpan and antibiotic-induced thiamine deficiency. Apparently all psychotropic meds can cause mitochondrial damage.

You mentioned in the other thread that thiamine revs her up. Has she tried thiamine repletion with long term B1 ? I found the above research paper at the link below that discusses an antibiotic's role in long term thiamine deficiency. You might want to contact them for other ideas.

No she never tried thiamine.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I experienced this as well. There are various degrees of toxicity. The worst cases never seem to resolve entirely and many people never seem to find relief. I, too, had been floxxed, but using biohacks alternative medicine treatments really helps. I am able to function at about 70% on most days, but it is constant work. I got off these meds about 8 years ago.
Stretching and exercise help a lot, and cannabis, too, but I know that is not the focus here.
Also, There is a large support following on Facebook for “Floxxies.”
What kind of stretches and exercises exactly?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Bump! She also suffers from physical anxiety, from eating baked goods with anise seeds in it and gouda cheese. Are anise seeds stimulatory?

Source Code

Niacinamide works on the benzo receptors I find it I have a couple of grams it helps with benzo withdrawal symptoms. maybe some gaba,taurine,magnesium and aspirin together would help relax the muscles

Back
Top Bottom