What causes this type of red line on the outside of eyes?

OccamzRazer

In general my skin feels strong and healthy. It's pretty shiny too, which must be a good sign. But for at least a year now I've had these red lines that stem from the outside corner of both eyelids. See the attached picture if that's hard to visualise - for me, the redness is even more noticable.

Does anyone know what causes these? Could it be a food sensitivity?

I'm considering cutting out dairy completely to see if that resolves things, as I don't think these lines were nearly as pronounced when I went carnivore last year.

Just as importantly, anyone know how to fix?

I currently apply a topical containing lanolin, coconut oil, niacinamide, and CortiNon (progesterone/DHEA) to the eye area. I've only been using this combo for a few days, but haven't noticed any change yet...

Attachments

• eye2.jpeg
    eye2.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 28

Zpol

Anecdotally, I got a patch redness like that below my eye before I knew I had Celiac and was still eating gluten. It could be another type of food sensitivity though. Or even a sensitivity to face soap or something topical.

Another thing to consider is a rash from bug bite infection.

Lollipop2

I am not sure about your photo but red line on the lids around the eyes is internal inflammation often from allergies. Sort of like @Zpol ’s observation.

Kray

In general my skin feels strong and healthy. It's pretty shiny too, which must be a good sign. But for at least a year now I've had these red lines that stem from the outside corner of both eyelids. See the attached picture if that's hard to visualise - for me, the redness is even more noticable.

Does anyone know what causes these? Could it be a food sensitivity?

I'm considering cutting out dairy completely to see if that resolves things, as I don't think these lines were nearly as pronounced when I went carnivore last year.

Just as importantly, anyone know how to fix?

I currently apply a topical containing lanolin, coconut oil, niacinamide, and CortiNon (progesterone/DHEA) to the eye area. I've only been using this combo for a few days, but haven't noticed any change yet...
OccamzRazer:

Did you ever find out what the cause of your problem was? I have the exact thing going on for several weeks now. Would appreciate any feedback. Hope your problems have resolved. Thank you-

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer:

Did you ever find out what the cause of your problem was? I have the exact thing going on for several weeks now. Would appreciate any feedback. Hope your problems have resolved. Thank you-
Hi Kray!

Not exactly. It's still there...

But cutting out most dairy products helps.

And bone broth fasting removes the redness almost entirely. The problem with that tho is I can't do it too much otherwise there's lots of weight loss.

Kray

Do you do a lot of supplements, or get most of yours through foods? Do you supplement Bs and vitamins A, D?
Hi Kray!

Not exactly. It's still there...

But cutting out most dairy products helps.

And bone broth fasting removes the redness almost entirely. The problem with that tho is I can't do it too much otherwise there's lots of weight loss.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Do you do a lot of supplements, or get most of yours through foods? Do you supplement Bs and vitamins A, D?
At this point I just supplement with aspirin, red light, K2, mag, and thyroid.

B vitamins: beef liver
Vitamin A: liver/carrots
Vitamin D: tons of sun or tanning (in winter)

Kray

So do you think its a dairy allergy? Do you do A2 milk products? Could the sun and light methods be throwing off your A/D ratio and causing skin problems? Not sure about aspirin. Have you always taken that, and how much? Cant aspirin bring about histaminic response in some people? What type of magnesium, and how much?

As for light helps, can you provide what type of red light/tanning sources you use? I will be going into a norther climate soon and since its winter, I want to be prepared, but try to do the switch as natural as possible, without a lot of supplementation as a bandaid. Thanks!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

So do you think its a dairy allergy? Do you do A2 milk products? Could the sun and light methods be throwing off your A/D ratio and causing skin problems? Not sure about aspirin. Have you always taken that, and how much? Cant aspirin bring about histaminic response in some people? What type of magnesium, and how much?
Probably so. I was using A2 raw milk.

Sunlight...I don't think so. I tend to just trust nature. Not sure how else you'd quantify this besides getting very regular labs.

Aspirin...not sure. As someone in the histadelic archetype I do feel good with aspirin!

Magnesium citrate, just a scoop each night. Something like 90% RDV.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

As for light helps, can you provide what type of red light/tanning sources you use? I will be going into a norther climate soon and since its winter, I want to be prepared, but try to do the switch as natural as possible, without a lot of supplementation as a bandaid. Thanks!
I get 2+ hours of sunlight per day (entire upper body and legs).

Also have the handheld red light from Lifegiving Store.

I'm moving back to Maine soon, so I'll be using a tanning bed throughout the winter!

Kray

I get 2+ hours of sunlight per day (entire upper body and legs).

Also have the handheld red light from Lifegiving Store.

I'm moving back to Maine soon, so I'll be using a tanning bed throughout the winter!
Thanks for all the info- sounds like you have a good regimen! What kind of tanning bed-- is it yours, or do you visit a tanning salon? I have no idea what is considered to be safe. I have lived in socal for so long I never had to know- now I will be in the northwest! How much red light per week in winter and how many hours tanning bed, just to give a picture?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Thanks for all the info- sounds like you have a good regimen! What kind of tanning bed-- is it yours, or do you visit a tanning salon? I have no idea what is considered to be safe. I have lived in socal for so long I never had to know- now I will be in the northwest! How much red light per week in winter and how many hours tanning bed, just to give a picture?
No prob!

About tanning, not sure. Maybe 1-2 times per week? I'll find a place that has some beds. Will probably use [natural] sunscreen on face and hands before sessions.

For red light, I do up to 30 minutes a day. A few minutes from 3-4 feet away, then more time from across the room.

Kray

Thanks, that helps. As option to all the tanning and red light, have you ever just taken vitamin D supplement during winter, saving the summer months to get the natural sun exposure?

LUH 3417

I had this too, it’s related to something irritating the gut. Mine went away when I drank Chinese herbs. A few months later it came back, I started taking thyroid soon after and it cleared again.
The red patch under my eye also came with thrush covered tongue. Both times when the eye redness cleared, so did my fuzzy tongue. I think the herbs and thyroid helped my gut motility/hypothyroidism. The red patch under my eye was only on my left eye and kind of scaly, something like eczema.

Kray

I had this too, it’s related to something irritating the gut. Mine went away when I drank Chinese herbs. A few months later it came back, I started taking thyroid soon after and it cleared again.
The red patch under my eye also came with thrush covered tongue. Both times when the eye redness cleared, so did my fuzzy tongue. I think the herbs and thyroid helped my gut motility/hypothyroidism. The red patch under my eye was only on my left eye and kind of scaly, something like eczema.
Thanks for input!