What causes the entitled Karen personality?

JamesGatz

High estrogen/serotonin I feel like. I notice that women that tend to wear a lot of make-up tend to be very arrogant/self-entitled whilst girls who don't tend to be more chill and from what I've observed with my sister is that make-up in general tends to boost estradiol - I think is is why women who wear a lot of make-up tend to be emotionally sensitive types - the type who can't take a joke or to easily cry/lash-out etc.

Most of the videos I see with "karens" labeled tend to be fat women (implied higher estrogen) and they seem to lash out at something small so I would say unchecked high estrogen/serotonin... high stress hormones in general that go unchecked due to poor metabolic state

Doc Sandoz

High estrogen/serotonin I feel like. I notice that women that tend to wear a lot of make-up tend to be very arrogant/self-entitled whilst girls who don't tend to be more chill and from what I've observed with my sister is that make-up in general tends to boost estradiol - I think is is why women who wear a lot of make-up tend to be emotionally sensitive types - the type who can't take a joke or to easily cry/lash-out etc.

Most of the videos I see with "karens" labeled tend to be fat women (implied higher estrogen) and they seem to lash out at something small so I would say unchecked high estrogen/serotonin... high stress hormones in general that go unchecked due to poor metabolic state
i never understood why anyone would want to cake that toxic stuff on their faces, but it's the perfume and "fragrances" that really get to me - instant headache, have to get away quick, almost can't breathe. Just walking by you can smell it for blocks sometimes.

Birdie

I'm feeling a lot better about my lack of makeup. :):

jnklheimer

i never understood why anyone would want to cake that toxic stuff on their faces, but it's the perfume and "fragrances" that really get to me - instant headache, have to get away quick, almost can't breathe. Just walking by you can smell it for blocks sometimes.
I dislike those types of fragrances too but I wonder if I’d like it on someone I’m attracted to. Unsure.

Mauritio

I'd say especially high estrogen. Which leads to blood sugar drops ,which leads to the demon unleashed aka the Karen.

DojaCat

It's a created and strategized media personality created in the hopes of demonizing middle-aged white women and dividing the races even more by the elite

Jerkboy

Post-menopause, low estrogen.

Crash your estrogen and tell me you become not a whiney b**** wanting to lash out at people.

But it is also true estrogen can heighten emotions and make you nuts. Hard to tell for sure. Both extremes are crap. From what I notice girls with higher estrogen are often more promiscuous and live more of a double life - e.g. act innocent at day but at night hunt for bad boys. More common in younger women.

Older women more likely lower estrogen. If they used birth control it is even worse and a lot of that generation started using birth control.

Last edited:

andrew81

a sad and maybe stressful life plus positive reinforcement , nobody ever confronted them so they think they can get away with such behaviour everytime.

cupofcoffee

It's a created and strategized media personality created in the hopes of demonizing middle-aged white women and dividing the races even more by the elite
i don't deny that there is a push to create hatred between genders and races, but obnoxious entitled middle aged women 100% exist. And the meme is not just pushed by media, it's also driven by people somewhat recognize the "character" from real life and want to make fun of it.

Mossy

+1

LucyL

psychological operations informing female dominance/male inferiority

a sad and maybe stressful life plus positive reinforcement , nobody ever confronted them so they think they can get away with such behaviour everytime.

Both of these are undoubtedly part of it - women are routinely bullied to deny their natural calling of bearing and nurturing children and instead apply that nurturing instinct to a multibillion dollar corporation for crumbs, and a few words of praise from essentially strangers (not family) in management. Not good.

shine

Maybe it is frustration about not getting attention due to diminishing looks. Craving and forcing attention by being obnoxious.

Compare a 22 year old hot piece of *** walking into a room compared to herself at 42 years old. As a 22 year old she got all the attention, whereas now ...

LucyL

Maybe it is frustration about not getting attention due to diminishing looks. Craving and forcing attention by being obnoxious.

Compare a 22 year old hot piece of *** walking into a room compared to herself at 42 years old. As a 22 year old she got all the attention, whereas now ...
Interesting- I think nurturing and raising children ties into this directly! I have teenage daughters now, and they are lovely and beautiful and young, and I see all my wrinkles and gray hairs... but I have poured my life into them and I am happy to step back and let them shine. It is the process of life, fulfilled if you will. I can see how not having that continuation would be very disturbing.

shine

Interesting- I think nurturing and raising children ties into this directly! I have teenage daughters now, and they are lovely and beautiful and young, and I see all my wrinkles and gray hairs... but I have poured my life into them and I am happy to step back and let them shine. It is the process of life, fulfilled if you will. I can see how not having that continuation would be very disturbing.

Sounds healthy.

InChristAlone

I think a 'Karen' is overused. A family member called any middle aged woman not wanting to wear a mask a Karen. Basically he was associating not wearing a mask with entitlement because he believed they were really effective in stopping the spread of sickness so much so that if someone doesn't wear one they must be entitled ********.

If you look up the definition of entitlement you'll find definitions that say it is the unreasonable expectation that one should receive special treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations. So when you find videos of middle aged women screaming at people to put on their mask wouldn't that be a better fit of a 'Karen'? It's narcissistic behavior from unhealed childhood trauma. They haven't grown up yet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals