What causes skeletal abnormalities?

Green Dot

Maxillary and the rib cage specifically, the lack of simultaneous congruity.

Can it just be chalked up to genetics or is deeper than that?

I read a post on here that finds that vitamin E deficiency plays a role in bone development and hormones, via it's mechanism to emulate pituitary gland damage/removal

SamuraiJack

Over the years I've come to the conclusion that bones are quite a complex subject. Many nutrients are required in its health. Hormones are also very much involved for sure.

We all know we need calcium and vit D for bones. But the calcium needs to be controlled and taken to the bones i.e metabolised correctly. Magnesium, potassium, manganese, copper, boron, vitamin K are all crucial here.

The first two enable calcium to be in an ionised state in the blood. K2 directs it towards the bone. Copper and manganese actually allow the calcium to be fixed into the bone matrix.
Interestingly, sometimes when I've taken a higher dose of manganese, I'll have hypocalcemic symptoms due to it metabolising (even lowering) my calcium. Same with excessive K2 mk7.
This shouldn't be a problem if you aren't calcium deficient in the first place. A lot of people unknowingly are today.
But any issues here and you'll see skeletal deformities form. Look for the deficiency symptoms of these and you'll see this.

Hormones are vital too. Low GH levels throughout childhood will result in stunted bone growth. GH also has an impact on calcium retention. Low estrogen can cause bone demineralisation leading to osteoporosis, this is more clear in post menopausal women. But if you look at males who have grown with the aromatase deficiency, you'll see the skeletal impact of that.

I haven't come across this research on Vit E and bone development, but it's interesting. I'm sure every nutrient is in some way linked to bone health. I've listed the main ones above.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

Over the years I've come to the conclusion that bones are quite a complex subject. Many nutrients are required in its health. Hormones are also very much involved for sure.

We all know we need calcium and vit D for bones. But the calcium needs to be controlled and taken to the bones i.e metabolised correctly. Magnesium, potassium, manganese, copper, boron, vitamin K are all crucial here.

The first two enable calcium to be in an ionised state in the blood. K2 directs it towards the bone. Copper and manganese actually allow the calcium to be fixed into the bone matrix.
Interestingly, sometimes when I've taken a higher dose of manganese, I'll have hypocalcemic symptoms due to it metabolising (even lowering) my calcium. Same with excessive K2 mk7.
This shouldn't be a problem if you aren't calcium deficient in the first place. A lot of people unknowingly are today.
But any issues here and you'll see skeletal deformities form. Look for the deficiency symptoms of these and you'll see this.

Hormones are vital too. Low GH levels throughout childhood will result in stunted bone growth. GH also has an impact on calcium retention. Low estrogen can cause bone demineralisation leading to osteoporosis, this is more clear in post menopausal women. But if you look at males who have grown with the aromatase deficiency, you'll see the skeletal impact of that.

I haven't come across this research on Vit E and bone development, but it's interesting. I'm sure every nutrient is in some way linked to bone health. I've listed the main ones above.
+1

And I can anecdotally attest all of this. I had low calcium, vit d and vit k levels throughout my childhood and I have a mild ribcage deformity and some teeth crowding.

I hope I can still fix the damage.

SamuraiJack

Well good news is our bones are constantly remodeling themselves. As long as you give the bones the right materials they need to flourish, I don't see why your issues can't be resolved. If you do everything right, it's amazing how much of a different you can see.
Time and consistency is also what you need with this

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals