What Causes Facial Asymmetry?

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 107082
answersfound said:
post 107078 Growing up I would only smile with one half of my face. I didn't realize I did it until I saw a picture. Now I smile with both sides an I certainly attribute this to peating. Also, someone made a comment that I have a very symmetrical face. My face is certainly wider and growing up I had an "egg head." I think vitamin k in addition to the other fat solubles are important. I remember when I first started them I would get pressure in my cheek bones.

Wow thats awesome I hope it happens to me haha, how long have you been Peating? Also how old are you? I'm 22 and have been Peating for 4 months. Did you take K orally or transdermally?

I've been peating since 2012. I take the vitamin k orally...I'm almost 26

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 107085
FredSonoma said:
post 107082
answersfound said:
post 107078 Growing up I would only smile with one half of my face. I didn't realize I did it until I saw a picture. Now I smile with both sides an I certainly attribute this to peating. Also, someone made a comment that I have a very symmetrical face. My face is certainly wider and growing up I had an "egg head." I think vitamin k in addition to the other fat solubles are important. I remember when I first started them I would get pressure in my cheek bones.

Wow thats awesome I hope it happens to me haha, how long have you been Peating? Also how old are you? I'm 22 and have been Peating for 4 months. Did you take K orally or transdermally?

I don't feel anything on my cheekbones / jaw and I'm taking Vitamin K topically - probably like 21 drops / day rubbed on my wrists of Thorne K2, do you think I should take it orally?

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 107100
answersfound said:
post 107085
FredSonoma said:
post 107082
answersfound said:

I don't feel anything on my cheekbones / jaw and I'm taking Vitamin K topically - probably like 21 drops / day rubbed on my wrists of Thorne K2, do you think I should take it orally?

idk, maybe the cheekbones thing was just me. The main thing you should notice is firmer gums and just overall better dental health...but it should be used with A and D too. It happens over time. If you take Thorne k2 drops its 1 mg each drop. You only need to take 1 drop orally per day, maybe two with a fatty meal

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 107108
FredSonoma said:
post 107100
answersfound said:
post 107085
FredSonoma said:
post 107082
answersfound said:

idk, maybe the cheekbones thing was just me. The main thing you should notice is firmer gums and just overall better dental health...but it should be used with A and D too. It happens over time. If you take Thorne k2 drops its 1 mg each drop. You only need to take 1 drop orally per day, maybe two with a fatty meal

Ohh ok wow I'm probably taking too much then. I don't know if anyone else experiences this but I find that I actually crave certain supplements even when i use them topically - and I "crave" rubbing a lot of K on my arm haha.

peatra

Charlie said:
post 106497 [ref]peatra[/ref], how long did you high dose, and how much?

:hattip

i wasn't very consistent - anywhere from 100k - 200k iu for many months, going down to 50k iu, going back up as needed if my skin breaks out. occasionally taking a break entirely, but overall, i've been doing high-dose vitamin A for 4 years. i would just say "a lot & a long time" :)

OP
F

FredSonoma

peatra said:
post 106486 I think vitamin A has an impact not only during fetal development but throughout the lifespan. My facial symmetry decreased in my late teens/early 20s due to health problems, and went back to a more normal state with high-dose vitamin A.
What changed about your facial symmetry? Was it bones? Or just muscular?

peatra

I think it was soft tissue related. Like I said I had health problems - major inflammation issues - so it was more that by taking inflammation down my face looked less misshapen.

OP
F

FredSonoma

supercoolguy said:
post 107121
FredSonoma said:
post 107077
supercoolguy said:
post 106498 Its amazing what can affect a person....never would have though i could realign bone structure to any extent. On my face...ha! Kinda Nuts and interesting
What did you do to realigh your bone structure?
I think aging has done that for me.

Ohhh ok haha, I thought you were saying you did something nutritionally / something else that realigned your bone structure.

Thoushant

solaire_of_astora said:
I know one possible cause of facial asymmetry is musculoskeletal imbalances.

I believe so too.

Have a look at postural restoration institute.

According to PRI, the body isn't completly symmetric, because the placement of the liver, and the bigger size of the right dome of the diaphragm compared to the left. So unconciously, we have an easier time leaning to our right side when standing, and eventually creating musclar imbalance leading to skeletal imbalance all the way through the cranium.
Standing imbalance:
https://achievefitnessboston.wordpress. ... r-dummies/
http://www.thestrengthhouse.com/pri-and-power-lifting/

How it manifests in the skull.
http://zaccupples.com/2014/02/13/course ... storation/
http://www.lancegoyke.com/cervical-cran ... tion-recap

I think this could easily happen when metabolism is low, and you don't have the energy to support yourself posturally.

EDIT: But then again, I sleep mostly on my right side of face, and kinda think that my left is fuller. I do chew more on left, and genereally left handed so yeah, probably soft tissue too.

CoolTweetPete

The same way muscles of the body can be adapted to positions, I think the face can be reshaped with various stretching and fascial (not facial) release techniques. I have been following the techniques outlined in this site for several years, and I truly believe I have regained some facial symmetry I had lost from activites like chewing gum on only one side of my mouth and poor facial posture (allowing the jaw to collapse into the back of the mouth is common)

http://faceyogamethod.com/

I used to have terrible TMJ, which would flare up every few weeks and I would be unable to chew without pain. About 6 months after beginning these stretches, and regularly massaging the muscles on my neck and face, the TMJ went away completely.

Dr. Mike Mew has some good points.

According to him things like crooked teeth and reduced airways size are attributed to a narrowing of the upper jaw/pallet. As the upper jaw is reduced and falls into the airway, there is less room for the bones to exist in proper alignment and facial discrepancies occur. He illustrates this with a crushing of a piece of paper.

The reason this happens is poor posture. Proper posture is keeping the mouth closed, tongue on the roof of the mouth, the scull position properly above the spine.

upload_2017-8-23_13-13-20.png

This is a picture of the maxilla, this is the bone that gets set back when it is not supported by the jaw and tongue. You can see how this bone falling back would equate to less room for the teeth as well as for the airway.

upload_2017-8-23_13-17-32.png

Here is a picture of the palate, and you can see that having a narrow one would result in crooked teeth. You can also see that the tongue should naturally sit in contact with the palate, and the forces from this would equate to strait teeth.

upload_2017-8-23_13-20-12.png

You can see how having good posture would equate to facial symmetry and beauty

upload_2017-8-23_13-23-42.png

This is a picture of a lady who has had a stroke and has clear facial asymmetry. The stroke has caused her to lose the ability to use the muscles on one side of the face. Without support for one side of her face that part falls due to the forces of gravity. This also proves that bones are moldable over time and are not determined by genetics, but instead environmental factors.

If this is true in a negative way with bad results than it is also true in a positive way with good results as you will see in the next pictures.

upload_2017-8-23_13-31-28.png

upload_2017-8-23_13-32-57.png

upload_2017-8-23_13-34-1.png

These are all example of children with fast metabolisms and greater adaptability to respond to their environment. I believe that adults can achieve the same results as long as they are dedicated. I also believe that following ray peats advise will largely influence the bodies ability to respond.

The bones will respond better under healthy conditions set up by a ray peat inspired diet. The only thing that you will have to overcome is the postural habits that you have learned from birth in this laptop/TV environment. This is very difficult but I have done it personally and my teeth are strait and my airway is open, this was all untrue in the past. I also have no facial asymmetries although I never did.

If you take anything away from this, then it should be that the environment influences the positions of our bones (not genetics). Posture seems to have the greatest effect.

But please people experiment yourselves and let me know if you get any results! You should expect some sort of results around six months I would imagine. But this is reliant on how fast you can break the bad posture. Good luck!

If you have any questions than just ask me, and I will try.

(Recommended Reading) :https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/notes-from-yesteryear/100-years-before-weston-price/

L

lollipop

Dr. Mike Mew has some good points.

According to him things like crooked teeth and reduced airways size are attributed to a narrowing of the upper jaw/pallet. As the upper jaw is reduced and falls into the airway, there is less room for the bones to exist in proper alignment and facial discrepancies occur. He illustrates this with a crushing of a piece of paper.

The reason this happens is poor posture. Proper posture is keeping the mouth closed, tongue on the roof of the mouth, the scull position properly above the spine.

View attachment 6337

This is a picture of the maxilla, this is the bone that gets set back when it is not supported by the jaw and tongue. You can see how this bone falling back would equate to less room for the teeth as well as for the airway.

View attachment 6338

Here is a picture of the palate, and you can see that having a narrow one would result in crooked teeth. You can also see that the tongue should naturally sit in contact with the palate, and the forces from this would equate to strait teeth.

View attachment 6339

You can see how having good posture would equate to facial symmetry and beauty

View attachment 6340

This is a picture of a lady who has had a stroke and has clear facial asymmetry. The stroke has caused her to lose the ability to use the muscles on one side of the face. Without support for one side of her face that part falls due to the forces of gravity. This also proves that bones are moldable over time and are not determined by genetics, but instead environmental factors.

If this is true in a negative way with bad results than it is also true in a positive way with good results as you will see in the next pictures.

View attachment 6341

View attachment 6342

View attachment 6343

These are all example of children with fast metabolisms and greater adaptability to respond to their environment. I believe that adults can achieve the same results as long as they are dedicated. I also believe that following ray peats advise will largely influence the bodies ability to respond.

The bones will respond better under healthy conditions set up by a ray peat inspired diet. The only thing that you will have to overcome is the postural habits that you have learned from birth in this laptop/TV environment. This is very difficult but I have done it personally and my teeth are strait and my airway is open, this was all untrue in the past. I also have no facial asymmetries although I never did.

If you take anything away from this, then it should be that the environment influences the positions of our bones (not genetics). Posture seems to have the greatest effect.

But please people experiment yourselves and let me know if you get any results! You should expect some sort of results around six months I would imagine. But this is reliant on how fast you can break the bad posture. Good luck!

If you have any questions than just ask me, and I will try.

(Recommended Reading) :https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/notes-from-yesteryear/100-years-before-weston-price/

This is so interesting. I first read about it on this forum last year and have been trying it myself based on what I have read and I seriously see a difference now. Unfortunately, I have no before and after - yikes - goofy to not have taken before pictures. But now my tongue is trained to remain in contact with upper palate and I experience swallowing from the back of the tongue not moving my mouth all around like before.

This is so interesting. I first read about it on this forum last year and have been trying it myself based on what I have read and I seriously see a difference now. Unfortunately, I have no before and after - yikes - goofy to not have taken before pictures. But now my tongue is trained to remain in contact with upper palate and I experience swallowing from the back of the tongue not moving my mouth all around like before.
I have before and after's but I really don't want to post them and have the chance of them being posted all over the internet. They are also really poor quality images. They really cant even illustrate the amount of change that has happened to my face over the past year. I suppose I could black out the eyes but then I would be accused of faking it, due to amazing differences in each of the facial profiles.

I also think that a lot of change has occurred do to ray peating, because I used to have swollen face with a non-existent jaw line and shortly after changing my diet a little I lost a lot of that facial swelling almost overnight. Its a debate on whether to do it or not.

I'm glad to hear that its worked for you! I have heard so many success stories! Keep up the great work!!

L

lollipop

I have before and after's but I really don't want to post them and have the chance of them being posted all over the internet. They are also really poor quality images. They really cant even illustrate the amount of change that has happened to my face over the past year. I suppose I could black out the eyes but then I would be accused of faking it, due to amazing differences in each of the facial profiles.

I also think that a lot of change has occurred do to ray peating, because I used to have swollen face with a non-existent jaw line and shortly after changing my diet a little I lost a lot of that facial swelling almost overnight. Its a debate on whether to do it or not.

I'm glad to hear that its worked for you! I have heard so many success stories! Keep up the great work!!
I agree with you on photos! LoL - and rest assured I would know you were not faking it from my experience :): I agree: keep yourself and personal life safe online.

Thank you! I am inspired and will keep practicing :): I also agree Peating has helped me soooooo much and I think has made a contribution to the difference as well.

milk

I believe that was my post, no?

I was meaning to do an online consultation with Mike Mew, but I just read on the Orthotropics website that they don't treat patients over 30.

Dear God, what a bummer. I've been mewing for about a year. I'm 32 now. I'm definitely noticing changes. Mewing truly might be the one thing that could straighten out my chronically stressed maxilla. I feel the changes all over my body, actually, which is something Mike addresses... my very toes feel different after some vigorous mewing. Sounds like a strech, sure, but Mike himself talks in one video about the relationship between the teeth/maxilla and the toes.

He has abandoned the mainstream orthodontics paradigm (he even calls bull**** on "facial structure is genetic", which is very Peat of him), but he's still a mainstreamer when it comes to the idea that the malleability of one's body goes down to zero after a certain age...

L

lollipop

I believe that was my post, no?

I was meaning to do an online consultation with Mike Mew, but I just read on the Orthotropics website that they don't treat patients over 30.

Dear God, what a bummer. I've been mewing for about a year. I'm 32 now. I'm definitely noticing changes. Mewing truly might be the one thing that could straighten out my chronically stressed maxilla. I feel the changes all over my body, actually, which is something Mike addresses... my very toes feel different after some vigorous mewing. Sounds like a strech, sure, but Mike himself talks in one video about the relationship between the teeth/maxilla and the toes.

He has abandoned the mainstream orthodontics paradigm (he even calls bull**** on "facial structure is genetic", which is very Peat of him), but he's still a mainstreamer when it comes to the idea that the malleability of one's body goes down to zero after a certain age...
Might have been @milk us in conversation :):

BUMMER...wow how can you go so deep to buck the trend and not see the system has a capacity to everevolve and change?!?!

I looked up people trained in the system. They have them around the globe actually. Look up one near you and see if you can find one willing. Otherwise, like me, I am learning by listening and experimenting for free. Next year plan to get more directed and find someone near me ❤️

Lecarpetron

@milk keep looking! I got ALFs at 33 and it was the best decision I've ever made. Proper chew/bite/swallow feels amazing when you have gone your entire life without it. My eustachian tubes feel like wind tunnels.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals