What Causes Facial Asymmetry?

FredSonoma

I have a somewhat asymmetrical face - coincidentally, my asymmetries are somewhat similar to Danny Roddy's. I have an underbite that is also misaligned to the right. What causes these? I used to assume it was a "bad gut biome" during development but I imagine it is much more complicated than that. I'm assuming it's something developmental or caused by health problems during childhood.

onioneyedox

I heard somewhere (somesort of sleep consultant on bed shop) that sleeping on one side as child is big contributor (bones are soft and growing). Human often consciously or unconsciously prefer to face other side of the sleeping environmet. For adults this can make other sceletal misaligments. He recommended switching the sleeping orientation (head and feet places) every two weeks or so. I definitly think this has contributed to my bone structure.

Daimyo

I guess genes too. I have similar deformity as my father. Our right side of the chin is bigger then the left one.

onioneyedox

I always wondered, do we have symmetry genetically coded? We are certainly made to believe so by our culture. I never have been able to (or bothered enough) to get answer. Maybe same genes are used but process is somehow mirrored? This is how I have become to believe lately.

Any assymmtry would be caused by uneven conditions (hand domination, posture, work, minor injuries etc). Also maybe inadequate nutrioton would cause "random" (somethin starts to develop wrong direction) misaligments (especially teeth). Many mannerisms are learned from parents and something that causes jaw to misaling and grow uneven might be "inherited" but not genetically (?). I think stress can easily manifest in teeth and jaw. And jaw muscle inbalance can cause jaw to grow uneven.

Maybe "weak" genes (or metagenetics caused by conditions of our parents and grand parents) can somehow make us weaker so it is "harder" to grow symmetrically, if you will, but othewise, I don't believe unsymmetry to be coded.

For example, I remember that wapf people have claimed that dental stucture has gotten better on their children.

If anyone really knows about this I too would be interested.

factosauras

It seems to be often passed from parent to child, meaning it is in the genes somehow. Environmental factors obviously play a role as well, as children can come out looking much better or worse than their parents. I've heard testosterone plays a role in facial symmetry. Also, there is a difference between skeletal assymetry and muscular assymetry, and I would guess that skeletal can encourage muscular to develop over time.

Interesting case study is Abe Lincoln, who got kicked in the face by a horse when he was younger, but his assymetry wasn't really unmasked until he got old enough for his facial musculature to sag.

tara

factosauras said:
post 100561 Also, there is a difference between skeletal assymetry and muscular assymetry, and I would guess that skeletal can encourage muscular to develop over time.

And maybe vice versa, too, given that load bearing stimulates the growth of bone.

I've got a wonky face too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas

one of my eyes is lower than the other. for now i'm believing it's because my 5yr. old cousin stepped on my head when i was a baby.

peatra

I think vitamin A has an impact not only during fetal development but throughout the lifespan. My facial symmetry decreased in my late teens/early 20s due to health problems, and went back to a more normal state with high-dose vitamin A.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]peatra[/ref], how long did you high dose, and how much?

:hattip

supercoolguy

Its amazing what can affect a person....never would have though i could realign bone structure to any extent. On my face...ha! Kinda Nuts and interesting

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
supercoolguy said:
post 106498 Its amazing what can affect a person....never would have though i could realign bone structure to any extent. On my face...ha! Kinda Nuts and interesting
:1

Last edited:
OP
F

FredSonoma

supercoolguy said:
post 106498 Its amazing what can affect a person....never would have though i could realign bone structure to any extent. On my face...ha! Kinda Nuts and interesting
What did you do to realigh your bone structure?

answersfound

Growing up I would only smile with one half of my face. I didn't realize I did it until I saw a picture. Now I smile with both sides an I certainly attribute this to peating. Also, someone made a comment that I have a very symmetrical face. My face is certainly wider and growing up I had an "egg head." I think vitamin k in addition to the other fat solubles are important. I remember when I first started them I would get pressure in my cheek bones.

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 107078 Growing up I would only smile with one half of my face. I didn't realize I did it until I saw a picture. Now I smile with both sides an I certainly attribute this to peating. Also, someone made a comment that I have a very symmetrical face. My face is certainly wider and growing up I had an "egg head." I think vitamin k in addition to the other fat solubles are important. I remember when I first started them I would get pressure in my cheek bones.

Wow thats awesome I hope it happens to me haha, how long have you been Peating? Also how old are you? I'm 22 and have been Peating for 4 months. Did you take K orally or transdermally?