What causes chronically tight muscles all over the body ?

qminati

Its serotonin, I had this most of my life, after 3 months of metabolic eating and b1, aspirin, and niacinamide supplements its finally going away. Not sure which of all these is responsible for fixing it but I now have this urge to stretch constantly that i never had before. I used to barely be able to reach my own back when it would itch, now i can reach more places easily

OP
M

Motif

Its serotonin, I had this most of my life, after 3 months of metabolic eating and b1, aspirin, and niacinamide supplements its finally going away. Not sure which of all these is responsible for fixing it but I now have this urge to stretch constantly that i never had before. I used to barely be able to reach my own back when it would itch, now i can reach more places easily
And it took 3 months to show effect ?

what Are you eating ?

any other changes in your life before improvement ?

BearWithMe

yeah man. That’s my natural way of life ?‍♂️
How can you possibly not have tense muscles when you are constantly stressed?

This forum is hilarious sometimes. No matter your question, people always come up with with these elaborathe theories that involve multiple hormones, thyroid dysfunction, gut dysbiosis, some terminal illness and thiamine deficiency. Yet ignoring the simplest, most obvious and most likely explanation for the problem.

qminati

And it took 3 months to show effect ?

what Are you eating ?

any other changes in your life before improvement ?
yep, literally just this week my urge to stretch began, its been about 14 weeks since i started the basic Peaty diet. My whole diet consists of foods that raise my temperature. I was very extreme about it because i was in really bad shape. I don't like white mushrooms but eat it religiously with squash and parmigiano reggiano followed with milk and orange juice always with salt added and great lakes collagen to raise my temps nicely. I keep a thermometer in my pocket and make sure that everything i do is metabolically supported. I eat watermelon, cooked apples and pears with honey and cinnamon, a daily carrot salad. For breakfast, 2 eggs, coconut oil, lots of coffee and milk with collagen (i also dump in high dose taurine and high dose theanine powder). Shrimp 4 times a week, beef liver once a week. Ice cream occasionally when i don't have time to eat better food. Lots of papaya. Distilled carbonated water daily. Bag breathing daily and high salt intake in all my food and fruits. Also 10 minutes of Red Light/IF daily. 2 liters of milk 1 liter of fresh squeezed OJ as suggested by Ray Peat. I use cronometer to measure what im doing daily, that was a big step in realizing how important it is to know that your getting enough protein, which at least 1/3rd of it being from Great Lakes Collagen.

Stopped exercise and vigorous activity all together, only daily walks making sure to fuel up before hand and making sure my temp goes up afterwards. Sometimes i over exert myself and take a day off to just lay down and get my energy back. I also use aspirin, B1, and niacinamide twice daily and 10 drops of Progest-E every night rubbed into my gums. Any little thing that stresses me or any person that stresses me i immediately remove from my life if possible. When i need to catch up on sleep i take Cyproheptadine. Many of my symptoms (rigid muscles, twitching, tremors, heart palpitations, tinnitus, restless leg syndrome, anxiety, constant stress responses) have subsided drastically and mostly only show up in the middle of the night when i go long without eating. I keep fresh orange juice and carbonated water next to my bed at night. I like to shoot my temps up as fast as i can in the morning, i like to get to 98.6 before lunch because my waking temp is still in the gutter and I rarely wake up feeling good so there is still a lot of work to do. But the power of food is unlike anything i ever experienced.

YourUniverse

This forum is hilarious sometimes. No matter your question, people always come up with with these elaborathe theories that involve multiple hormones, thyroid dysfunction, gut dysbiosis, some terminal illness and thiamine deficiency. Yet ignoring the simplest, most obvious and most likely explanation for the problem.
Do you think your physical state can influence your mental state as much as the reverse?

BearWithMe

Do you think your physical state can influence your mental state as much as the reverse?
I spent hours thinking about this exact question. I think mental state affects the physical state more than vice versa.

Messed up physical health definitely can give you anxiety and depression, but I'm convinced that more often it is the opposite.

Modern lifestyle is designed to be as stressful as possible. Ultimately, if you want to heal, you need to remove as much of those stressors as you can.

OP
M

Motif

I spent hours thinking about this exact question. I think mental state affects the physical state more than vice versa.

Messed up physical health definitely can give you anxiety and depression, but I'm convinced that more often it is the opposite.

Modern lifestyle is designed to be as stressful as possible. Ultimately, if you want to heal, you need to remove as much of those stressors as you can.

I’ve been a easily stressed out „ADD“ kind , daydreaming , not able to concentrate type of dude since forever. Even as a kid when there was no real stress.

OP
M

Motif

Still if you have ideas how to change this - let me know

mrchibbs

I have the opposite take. I know several people who are under heavy, heavy stress but who thrive likely due to their robust constitution and metabolism. In fact, to them, the stress seems to be stimulating as opposed to debilitating most of the time. Eventually I guess they'll crash and burn, but it seems to me like it's the evidence that there is a foundation of physical health that is fundamental to it all.

Other people just crumble, because of less fortunate metabolic health and then the mental cracks appear. In my own case, mental difficulties came along with a serious decline in overall health. For sure, ruminating and thinking negative thoughts is also a powerful stressor in of itself, so that's a positive feedback loop.

Anyway, different people have different perspectives.

mrchibbs

@qminati

Sounds like you really have your bases covered. Really nice nutritional approach. The morning temperatures take a long time to improve in my experience. Recently Ray was asked about this on a podcast and he said that basically it's not the end of the world, the focus should be to maintain a high temperature when we're active during the day time.

OP
M

Motif

Endotoxin.

Zero starch is unnegotiable.

Then zero soluble fiber for 2 weeks, preferably for life.

Antibiotics, and Carrot.
So what would a good diet look like for
you? I would give it a try.

BearWithMe

I have the opposite take. I know several people who are under heavy, heavy stress but who thrive likely due to their robust constitution and metabolism. In fact, to them, the stress seems to be stimulating as opposed to debilitating most of the time. Eventually I guess they'll crash and burn, but it seems to me like it's the evidence that there is a foundation of physical health that is fundamental to it all.

Other people just crumble, because of less fortunate metabolic health and then the mental cracks appear. In my own case, mental difficulties came along with a serious decline in overall health. For sure, ruminating and thinking negative thoughts is also a powerful stressor in of itself, so that's a positive feedback loop.

Anyway, different people have different perspectives.
Man, you just proven my own point.

"In fact, to them, the stress seems to be stimulating as opposed to debilitating"

That means they have outstanging mental resilience.

When you look at centenarians, or people that looks unusually young and healthy for their age, they almost universally have pretty horrible lifestyles. They smoke, they drink, they eat pufa-laden crap... But do you know what else do they have in common? They have stimulating and fulfilling jobs, very low-stress lives and they always looks happy.

On the other hand, people obsessed with perfect pro-metabolic diets, pro-metabolic supplements and pro-metabolic lifestyles usually looks anything but healthy. Despite their perfect diets. This is likely because they are constantly stressing about something.

Yogis (and I mean true yogis, not the modern nonsense) eats pretty much nothing. And when they eat, they eat soy or something like that. Yet they looks stronger and healthier that 99,9% of populace. That's because they mastered their own mind.

Mind >> Body

BearWithMe

Still if you have ideas how to change this - let me know
The first thing I would do is I would leave a 9-5 job. There is nothing more stressful than being a corporate slave.

Second thing, I would work on building a huge financial reserve. Not to live crazy expensive lifestyle and buy tons of useless s**t, but to never have to worry about money again. (then I would convert that reserve into some appreciating asset, so some as**ole bankster won't take it away from you)

Third thing, I would retire super-early and focus on some meaningful and fulfilling activities.

That's the key to have a stress-free life

mrchibbs

Man, you just proven my own point.

"In fact, to them, the stress seems to be stimulating as opposed to debilitating"

That means they have outstanging mental resilience.

When you look at centenarians, or people that looks unusually young and healthy for their age, they almost universally have pretty horrible lifestyles. They smoke, they drink, they eat pufa-laden crap... But do you know what else do they have in common? They have stimulating and fulfilling jobs, very low-stress lives and they always looks happy.

On the other hand, people obsessed with perfect pro-metabolic diets, pro-metabolic supplements and pro-metabolic lifestyles usually looks anything but healthy. Despite their perfect diets. This is likely because they are constantly stressing about something.

Yogis (and I mean true yogis, not the modern nonsense) eats pretty much nothing. And when they eat, they eat soy or something like that. Yet they looks stronger and healthier that 99,9% of populace. That's because they mastered their own mind.

Mind >> Body

Not convinced at all by your explanation. I think they have mental resilience because of their energetic reserves, and not the other way around.

Many people have everything they could want, but they can't deal with their lives because of an inherent metabolic deficit.

Last edited:

rei

Have you tried nicotine? It should tighten muscles that get signal to be tight, and relax muscles that don't. Directly improving fascial balance and trying to heal it by repairing the underlying cause, postural damage.

Put on a nicotine patch and do some vigorous yoga. You might feel snaps or crackling, which is the beginning of the process.

skittles

At the risk of being stoned to death on the RPF, I'd suggest taking a couple weeks of eating just lean meats and cooked vegetables like green beans and broccoli, mushrooms, raw carrots, maybe some cucumber, celery, peppers, and the occasional fruit or tomato, with no added fat or sugar. After a couple weeks, reintroduce things one at a time, and you'll find the offending food to be much more pronounced.

Starch is the biggest culprit for me. Which sucks, cuz I'd live off rice and pasta if I could. Added sugars seem to cause me issues and I do better with fruit and fruit juice (I do use a bit of honey in a smoothie or with some yogurt n berries now and then). Also, black coffee after a meal is always fine, but coffee with milk and sugar usually causes issues too. For me, anyway. Ymmv

cjm

"I've gotten amazing results from Pyrucet at unfreezing my muscles."