What Can One Do For Enlarged Spleen/Spleen Problems?

DMF

Are there certain herbs or mushrooms that could improve spleen health ?
I know milk thistle helps the liver - maybe spleen as weNHll?
I have a "bloated-like" feeling and hardly any appetite.

yerrag

Since the spleen is part of the lymphatic system where old lymphocytes are eaten up by macrophages and neutrophils, you may want to check your wbc and its components in a CBC. Old lymphocytes are phagocytosed by either neutrophils and macrophages (which come from monocytes and turn into macrophages when it enters tissue. You may also want to check your eosinophils for clues whether there are parasites that could possibly have taken control of macrophages, rendering them less useful in their job of phagocytosis. And look at the basophils to see if they're actively releasing histamines in order to make vessels leaky to allow entry of the wbc's into tissues to effect cleaning up of old and dying lymphocytes.

And once you can get an idea of what's ailing, you can approach the problem with some degree of certainty. Not dealing with possibilities as much as dealing with probabilities to increase your chance of success.

LUH 3417

It’s interesting if this is an acutely arising issue as we are entering late summer season ruled by the spleen and the earth element according to Chinese medicine. I would get some acupuncture. I’ve had spleen pain throbbing on my side that went away with a session.

Maljam

How have you had the enlarged spleen diagnosed? Have you had an ultrasound?

Enlarged spleen can be caused from infections, the first thing I'd do (I am assuming you have had an ultrasound to diagnose the enlarged spleen, if not, then that would be 1, and would also show if your liver is fatty too) is get a CBC test and see if anything stands out.

If that comes back clear then NAFLD is related to an enlarged spleen, so that would be the second avenue I would pursue, again, diagnosed by an ultrasound and blood tests, just guessing will be a long and frustrating process for you.

Spleen enlargement in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver: correlation between degree of fatty infiltration in liver and size of spleen - PubMed

"In conclusion, spleen enlargement was commonly seen in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver, and the recognition of this association may halt further attempts to evaluate the cause of spleen enlargement."

richofden

Forum Supporter
I think Gallic Acid will do you good.

MayaPapaya

Enlarged spleen can be caused from infections, the first thing I'd do (I am assuming you have had an ultrasound to diagnose the enlarged spleen, if not, then that would be 1, and would also show if your liver is fatty too) is get a CBC test and see if anything stands out.

If that comes back clear then NAFLD is related to an enlarged spleen, so that would be the second avenue I would pursue, again, diagnosed by an ultrasound and blood tests, just guessing will be a long and frustrating process for you.

Spleen enlargement in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver: correlation between degree of fatty infiltration in liver and size of spleen - PubMed

"In conclusion, spleen enlargement was commonly seen in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver, and the recognition of this association may halt further attempts to evaluate the cause of spleen enlargement."
My abdominal US test result: Spleen is enlarged (15cm), other organs are normal. Maybe it's caused by a calcified plaque in abdominal aorta?

JamesGatz

I think an Enlarged Spleen is common in RP because people tend to just eat wet and damp food because they think its "Peaty" - the digestive system can't function well if you avoid hot/dry food such as starches so hence metabolism suffers as a result

The ideal way of eating is still being able to eat starch while instead focusing on reducing the endotoxic effects rather than avoiding it completely

MayaPapaya

My Abdominal US showed only enlarged spleen -15cm. Liver and the rest are normal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals