What can cause hypoglycaemic symptoms like extreme lightheadedness and dizziness when blood glucose is fine

Low vitamin D causes vertigo for me. Low sodium does too. Low B12 does it. Not eating enough protein wonks my blood sugar . Low Iron does too. I know Dr. Peat is very cheerleadery about eating low Iron , but I really need it. I am celiac and my iron naturally goes low and the dizziness starts.

OP
M

mamakitty

Thanks for replying. I agree about the iron. I wasn't sure what to do bc my ferritin was a 3 and oxygen saturation 6 percent, and my arms were kinda falling asleep a little. I think I probably have a bunch stored in tissues but I don't know how to get my body to recycle it better. Since my periods are heavy, it's possible I am actually low, especially bc I think I have low stomach acid. But the fact that my weird symptoms started around the same time as starting the iron is suspicious ?. It's nice to hear that your symptoms are doing ok. Mine are kinda non stop- I've been to the dr twice and er once bc i just felt so uncomfortable and weak/hungry. I looked up the symptoms of hyperthyroidism and it matched perfectly, even including insomnia. But they ran a thyroid panel and it was "ok". My white blood cells are a little elevated, but they've actually gone down from a month ago. I have found that eating horrible fast food actually makes me feel half decent for a bit, but that's a lot of pufa. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing younger than me-im 40.

Oh man, your symptoms really are super similar to mine. My white blood count is also usually high, it was “okay” last time though. And just like you, when I eat disgusting fast food I can feel better sometimes, leading me to believe this is probably a calorie issue?
How did you check your oxygen saturation?

My tsh is actually high but my doctor has only prescribed t4 and refuses to prescribe t3! Doctors are terrible and I avoid them like plague except for the pregnancy.
I’m only a little bit younger than you, I’m 36.
Since you are seeing doctors sometimes, I would appreciate if you keep me updated because I think you and I might have the same issue.

Btw, this is just on the off chance, have you ruled out a pregnancy? Early pregnancy can make me feel very weak.

OP
M

mamakitty

Low vitamin D causes vertigo for me. Low sodium does too. Low B12 does it. Not eating enough protein wonks my blood sugar . Low Iron does too. I know Dr. Peat is very cheerleadery about eating low Iron , but I really need it. I am celiac and my iron naturally goes low and the dizziness starts.
I totally understand, but I really doubt I’m low iron because my haemoglobin is so high. I think my b12 is fine too since I have had a lifetime of being a heavy meat eater. Only after getting into Ray’s work more deeply, have I started to lower my meat consumption- like a few months ago. However, I have never ruled out caeliac, how do you know you have it?
My vitamin d is probably low too, I’m doing more dermal D these days.

Karime22

Oh man, your symptoms really are super similar to mine. My white blood count is also usually high, it was “okay” last time though. And just like you, when I eat disgusting fast food I can feel better sometimes, leading me to believe this is probably a calorie issue?
How did you check your oxygen saturation?

My tsh is actually high but my doctor has only prescribed t4 and refuses to prescribe t3! Doctors are terrible and I avoid them like plague except for the pregnancy.
I’m only a little bit younger than you, I’m 36.
Since you are seeing doctors sometimes, I would appreciate if you keep me updated because I think you and I might have the same issue.

Btw, this is just on the off chance, have you ruled out a pregnancy? Early pregnancy can make me feel very weak.
I will keep you updated! I hate going to doctors too, and am only going now because I cannot function lately. No pregnancy, my libido is non existent, even though my hubby has been wonderfully supportive. I feel sorry for my 2 kids ?. The oxygen saturation was part of an iron panel that i took through ulta labs.

Karime22

Thanks for weighing in. Interesting that low iron causes blood sugar issues for you. My rbc is high, but ferritin and blood iron were low. Iron is confusing to me.

Tim Lundeen

Do you use it orally or topically? I thought mag chloride orally is too acidic
Take it in the AM with breakfast, use 1/4 tsp bicarbonate 30 minutes before dinner to balance. Have added some MgMalate in the AM, MgGlycinate in the PM and am doing ok with them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals