Supplement
Kidney Ancestral supplements half a cap
Ascorbic Acid 1/2 teaspoon daily
Calcium Carbonate 1/2 teaspoon daily

Food
Seafood, chicken and turkey, liver
Milk, cheese, egg yolks
Fruits apples, watermelon
Asparagus, bok choy, white and sweet potatoes, squashes, artichoke, carrots, fennel, Basmati rice, Amish butter ghee self made, coconut oil and water. Cane sugar, coffee and tea 2 cups a day with pinch of salt 2 teaspoons of sugar and a teaspoon of coconut oil. Chocolate and home made paneer,. Gluten and Lactose free ice cream

Hashimoto
Celiac
Low cortisol
High histamine

Last edited:
Medication
T3 Liothyronine 2.5 much don't tolerate more
T4 Synthroid 75 mcg
Supplement

Food
Milk, cheese, egg yolks
Asparagus, bok choy, white and sweet potatoes, squashes, artichoke, carrots, fennel, Basmati rice, Amish butter ghee self made, coconut oil and water. Cane sugar, coffee and tea 2 cups a day with pinch of salt 2 teaspoons of sugar and a teaspoon of coconut oil. Chocolate and home made paneer,. Gluten and Lactose free ice cream

Hashimoto
Celiac
Low cortisol
High histamine

Your diet seems good to me.
Can you trial an intervention with Hydrocortisone? This would be a last resort though. The recommendations of B6, additional Copper, Vitamin C and increased Ca and Mg are good.

OP
Elize

Elize

Can try B6 in smaller dose. Hydrocortisone will see if my Endo will give me some.

OP
Elize

Elize

Niacin reduces cortisol levels and I already have low cortisol. Tried Cyproheptadine but same problem, it reduced my cortisol levels too much causing severe leg cramps and body aches

Andy316

I have found kidney diet of low animal protein, potassium and phosphorus very useful to help my histamine issues. Capers with their high quercetin content is good but they dry out my hair everytime i take them. Most supplements especially B vitamins don't suit me, I guess your angle of them lowering cortisol further applies to me as well. I get very agitated with B vitamins.

Niacin reduces cortisol levels and I already have low cortisol. Tried Cyproheptadine but same problem, it reduced my cortisol levels too much causing severe leg cramps and body aches

Ketogenic Dieting raises cort modestly, you could trial that; maybe high carbohydrate intakes can depress cortisol too much in sensitive individuals.

Which form of copper is best to use? Thanks

Reference is coppersulfate, copperbisglycinate is en vogue and available and does make sense, glycine could be the natural ligand of a lot of elements because of its size and behavior, coppergluconate is regularly put in supplements, but all gluconates seem suboptimal. I would recommend the sulfate or the glycinate, and it seems that a dosage of 2mg/d, with occasional, once a week increased higher dosed 4mg is a reasonable approach. Taken with meals. Caspules are openable and have typically less fillers. It is used directly to detoxify histamine via DAO. Also, taken away from the copper, Vitamin C as plain ascorbic acid in dosages up to 1 - 2g/d. Also the B6 recommendations, very important. Vitamin D opposes the tissue effects of histamine strongly.

Medication
T3 Liothyronine 2.5 much don't tolerate more
T4 Synthroid 75 mcg
Supplement

Food
Milk, cheese, egg yolks

Hashimoto
Celiac
Low cortisol
High histamine

How much animal protein do you get, at what bodyweight? How much animalfat? Do you know your O6 : O3 ratio?

Vileplume

Hi @Elize how are you doing with managing the high histamine? If you wouldn't mind sharing, what has worked well for you recently?

I'm wondering if Tyromax or NDT products might have high histamine.

redsun

Hi @Elize how are you doing with managing the high histamine? If you wouldn't mind sharing, what has worked well for you recently?

I'm wondering if Tyromax or NDT products might have high histamine.

If you feel like high histamine symptoms are worsening from thyroid, that's like because thyroid hormone is further increasing histamine activity. Check out this study I posted awhile ago:

OP
Elize

Elize

Thanks so much. That is what I am experiencing right now again So what are we to do with the thyroid meds. Would thyroid hormone injections be better?

Last edited:

aniciete

I have histamine intolerance and i do well with milk, eggs, potatoes, coffee, white sugar, honey, most ripe fruits and meat.
Some cheeses cause problems for me because some are made with citric acid which is a serious allergen for some people, commercial orange juice has added citric acid too so you may stay away from it.
Fermented foods are high in histamine too, i dropped mozarella cheese for 2 weeks and i didn't get any redness in my face and dandruff in beard/moustache, i do not know if this is because i avoided fermented cheese or the citric acid.
Is this diet still working out for your histamine intolerance?

Aymen

Is this diet still working out for your histamine intolerance?
Hey man, i eat white rice every 3 months and i get an abcess in my wisdom teeth, i stop eating rice and the abcess disappears, i ate potatoes this winter and then dropped it but it doesn't cause me problems like white rice, i didn't eat cheese for a year and my face redness nearly disappeared, i still have some dandruff in my beard and hair but much better than before.
I'm living on 700 g of dates, 4 oranges (or any ripe fruits depending on the season), 10 cups of milk, 2 pasture raised eggs, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp honey, 4 tbsp sugar in my coffee and i eat liver once a week, i eat red meat every 3 months but i will start eating it twice a week as i used to.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals