What brought the most improvements to your health?

FitnessMike

If you could share your successes whether these are devices, supplements etc.

retroactive

removing grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, and any seed oils/pufa. Eating easily digestible foods, especially in the evening. cyproheptadine. activated charcoal. eating more milk. dark chocolate

Nemo

If you could share your successes whether these are devices, supplements etc.

The single biggest overnight improvements in health I saw were from two things.

First, Pyrucet (an Idealabs product) after getting home from cancer surgery. I could only use a very low dose at the start, like a drop or two a day with OJ (maybe because I couldn't eat much yet), but it felt good from the first time I took it and within about two weeks I could feel my cancer metabolism had gone away (symptoms like shortness of breath were gone). I started Vitamin B1 in the second week and that was huge too. I still take Pyrucet a couple of times a year for a week or two at a time as a tune-up.

If I had it to do over again, I would have started a Peat diet and Pyrucet as soon as I ran into trouble and would likely not have needed the surgery.

Second, giving up starches. I was doing all the Peat stuff and seeing improvement, and I'd already given up vegetables. But all of my remaining problems went away overnight when I finally gave up starches. I was shocked at the impact because I'd never thought of myself as having allergies or digestive problems. But overnight: nerve pain gone, sinus problems/stuffy nose gone, headaches gone, weakness and stiffness in my legs gone, sleeping soundly through the night.

I had thought it would be hard to live without starches, but I have no craving for them at all.

Both of these were in the context of a diet of milk, liver, oysters, OJ and some fruit, marmalade, eggs, sugar, salt, hamburger, coconut oil and butter, no PUFA beyond what's in those foods, progesterone, K2, D3 in the winter, and a very low dose thyroid supplement.

Still no recurrence of the cancer even though I opted out of radiation and chemo in the face of overwhelming opposition from my doctors. My prognosis had been to be dead by now, but instead I feel 20 years younger.

Korven

First, Pyrucet (an Idealabs product) after getting home from cancer surgery. I could only use a very low dose at the start, like a drop or two a day with OJ (maybe because I couldn't eat much yet), but it felt good from the first time I took it and within about two weeks I could feel my cancer metabolism had gone away (symptoms like shortness of breath were gone). I started Vitamin B1 in the second week and that was huge too. I still take Pyrucet a couple of times a year for a week or two at a time as a tune-up.

If I had it to do over again, I would have started a Peat diet and Pyrucet as soon as I ran into trouble and would likely not have needed the surgery.

Second, giving up starches. I was doing all the Peat stuff and seeing improvement, and I'd already given up vegetables. But all of my remaining problems went away overnight when I finally gave up starches. I was shocked at the impact because I'd never thought of myself as having allergies or digestive problems. But overnight: nerve pain gone, sinus problems/stuffy nose gone, headaches gone, weakness and stiffness in my legs gone, sleeping soundly through the night.

I had thought it would be hard to live without starches, but I have no craving for them at all.

Both of these were in the context of a diet of milk, liver, oysters, OJ and some fruit, marmalade, eggs, sugar, salt, hamburger, coconut oil and butter, no PUFA beyond what's in those foods, progesterone, K2, D3 in the winter, and a very low dose thyroid supplement.

Still no recurrence of the cancer even though I opted out of radiation and chemo in the face of overwhelming opposition from my doctors. My prognosis had been to be dead by now, but instead I feel 20 years younger.

That's amazing to hear you recovered so well from cancer "just" by implementing some basic Peat principles i.e avoiding hard to digest foods, getting good nutrition, implementing thyroid, thiamine, Pyrucet etc. Medical establishment must be at least 100 years behind in their understanding of human biology and disease. I had the chance of talking with some CEOs of biotech startups with millions of dollar in investments and it's obvious they're still stuck in super reductionistic thinking, developing antibodies for killing "bad" cancer cells and so on. Or still looking for some obscure metabolic pathway that will finally solve the "cancer mystery". They really are clueless.

I also have a similar experience with giving up starches. It has really transformed my health in ways I couldn't have imagined. Some issues resolved immediately upon quitting starch but some benefits kind of sneak up on you. I wake up most days now and don't feel like I'm dying/poisoned/like a truck ran over me 50 times. Just recently discovered I can tolerate light exercise without CFS flareups. After walking up and down stairs all day I was expecting to crash hard but felt just fine. Thyroid therapy has accelerated healing I think and I also feel hotter which is nice (but a diet that doesn't cause inflammation is crucial for thyroid to work). Ray's recommendation of basing your diet on animal products and fruit is very powerful.

Hirri

Eating meat and animal products (was vegetarian and vegan for a while), not eating big amounts of vegetables and even if I do, only easy digestable ones or cooked, listening to my body what it wants at that moment and not following dogmatic food approaches, also mindfulness to manage stress, balance and pilates training (completely got rid off stiff shoulders and neck), going to bed at the same time every day, watching more comedy shows and movies instead of documentaries or serious dramas.

Elize

removing grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, and any seed oils/pufa. Eating easily digestible foods, especially in the evening. cyproheptadine. activated charcoal. eating more milk. dark chocolate
What would easily digestible foods be? Thanks

Vins7

What foods are easy to digest for you? I'm trying to find out easily digestible foods to test well ay night.

Vins7

Without starches, Where do you put marmalade?

retroactive

Easily digestible foods for me: gelatinous broth, milk, greek yogurt, ice cream, stewed fruit, maybe soups.

Not so easily digestible foods are meat, grains, vegetables with resistant starch.

If you are going to eat some veg or meat I'd make sure it was well cooked.

I may be a heathen but I have been known to eat marmalade with a spoon. Or in greek yogurt.

Elize

I may be a heathen but I have been known to eat marmalade with a spoon. Or in greek yogurt.

I do the same eat marmalade with a spoon. lol yoghurt, gelatin are high histamine and can't have it.

B

Blaze

Without starches, Where do you put marmalade?
I put a serving of organic preserves or marmalade on top of a serving of cottage cheese or just eat it from the spoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Blaze

Great testimonial, glad you got well.

Vins7

Easily digestible foods for me: gelatinous broth, milk, greek yogurt, ice cream, stewed fruit, maybe soups.

Not so easily digestible foods are meat, grains, vegetables with resistant starch.

If you are going to eat some veg or meat I'd make sure it was well cooked.

?Thanks retroactive

retroactive

I do the same eat marmalade with a spoon. lol yoghurt, gelatin are high histamine and can't have it.
what do you like for a bedtime snack?

Elize

I don't have a bedtime snack. Have dinner at 6 and nothing thereafter.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

B

Blaze

if i eat oats few times a day, i should eat it with coconut oil to balance pufa in them?
You could, I don’t worry about it too much with oats because the overall fat content is very low.total fat. If oats are low fat then pufa in oats is also smaller than a high fat pufa food.

Oats fat breakdown is usually around
40% Pufa
40% Mufa
18%Sfa

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

You could, I don’t worry about it too much with oats because the overall fat content is very low.total fat. If oats are low fat then pufa in oats is also smaller than a high fat pufa food.

Oats fat breakdown is usually around
40% Pufa
40% Mufa
18%Sfa
great thx

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals