What brand/type of sugar do you use?

Jennifer

Nice, @aniciete. I hope the crystals work better for your digestion and you don't find the molasses flavor off-putting. I know what you mean about raw honey--I've tried close to 30 varieties/brands and reacted to all but one.

Dr. B

@J.R.K, I would think it contains policosanol, since it’s whole cane juice. I chose it as a substitute for when ripe fruit is scarce and to lessen my dependency on cooked sugars because it’s truly raw. I experience digestive upset if I have more than a small amount of cooked sugars—maple syrup, white sugar, pasteurized fruit juice etc.—but can have as much of the raw cane juice crystals as I want without issue.
does organic cane sugar contain policosanol? it has a golden white color to it, different from non organic white sugar. its color is similar to the policosanol powders. would organic cane sugar be the best possible type of sugar, superior to coconut and beet? since its less allergenic and is the only one that potentially has some policosanols?

Just curious, what brand and type of sugar you prefer to use?

i use the kirkland organic cane sugar. if you mix this into milk especially with some cinnamon its just like the cinnamon toast crunch milk.
you can also use cocoa powder. Ive been trying to find a good organic fruit syrup so I could make fruit milks.

Thanks! I ordered 10lbs to put in coffee. Im starting to think refined cane sugar is making my digestion slower because raw honey causes no issues but unfortunately it’s hard to find a non allergenic honey for myself.

why would sugar slow the digestion? it should digest very quickly. if youre switching over from lots of starches, youll probably feel hungrier and empty in the stomach.

Jennifer

does organic cane sugar contain policosanol? it has a golden white color to it, different from non organic white sugar. its color is similar to the policosanol powders. would organic cane sugar be the best possible type of sugar, superior to coconut and beet? since its less allergenic and is the only one that potentially has some policosanols?

I would think so, just not as much as whole cane sugar. In regards to which sugar is best, the simple answer is the one you tolerate best. If looking at it purely for policosanol content, because they have less toxic byproducts from the refining (browning) process due to truly being raw, I would say the sun-dried cane juice crystals or freeze-dried cane juice I linked to in this thread are the best possible sugars, but the former has a molasses flavor and the latter a grassy flavor that may be off-putting to some.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals