What Blood Tests?

scarlettsmum

I'm seeing an endo and am confused by different recommendations for different blood tests. What does RP recommend?
I'm trying to keep it reasonable cost wise, so what are the essentials, really?
I'm particularly confused by reading different books on the subject. Stop the thyroid madness says get free T3 and free T4, not total, but my understanding is that RP recommends total only?
Thank you!

D

Derek

I'm seeing an endo and am confused by different recommendations for different blood tests. What does RP recommend?
I'm trying to keep it reasonable cost wise, so what are the essentials, really?
I'm particularly confused by reading different books on the subject. Stop the thyroid madness says get free T3 and free T4, not total, but my understanding is that RP recommends total only?
Thank you!

What are you trying to assess by seeing the endo? Honestly, I think that most thyroid blood work is not very helpful. IMO, the only tests that are somewhat useful are TSH and RT3. Free/total thyroid hormone doesn't tell you what's going on at the cellular level. Doesn't matter how much T3/T4 is in the blood, it's the amount of thyroid hormone that's making it's way into the cell that matters.

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

I had a test done before by my GP, he wouldn't have me have a copy of the results, but showed it to me and I remember having t4 over 11, t3 over 10, don't remember cholestetol number (over 5?) but he said it is so high I can go on statins. And my vit D was 23. THS 2.1
But he said there's nothing wrong with me, my thyroid is fine. I'm hoping that by seeing endo perhaps he might come to a different conclusion? Even when I spoke to Benedicte (recommended by RP on his website) she still wanted me to have blood test results. So I just wander what are the best blood tests results after all?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals