What are your ways of getting rid of boredom/anhedonia in the dark winters?

DonLore

So as spring is closing in and more sunlight equals better mood, this effect quickly disappears after sundown and I find myself very bored, anhedonic and low energy/motivation. I also crave dopamine from drugs/whatever.
Have you found any ways to lift anhedonia when there isnt really much to do (if seeing friends and excercise isnt possible at the moment)

Sam321

So as spring is closing in and more sunlight equals better mood, this effect quickly disappears after sundown and I find myself very bored, anhedonic and low energy/motivation. I also crave dopamine from drugs/whatever.
Have you found any ways to lift anhedonia when there isnt really much to do (if seeing friends and excercise isnt possible at the moment)
Ice skating with friends.
Building snow man.
Throwing water ballons at drunks.

Nomane Euger

hi,i feel better after sundown with intense artificial light at this moment of the year,try getting a most intense artificial light,working out home with a pull up bar,doing some one arm pull ups,fronts lever,basics explosives pull ups feel great,playing video games and switching as soon as i get bored of one,eating ripe fruits/coconut water honey,going out if there is something to do outside,siimply doing things that seems appealing to me up until iam really tired and relax,with good foods and good activities,hours dont matter for enjoyement,seeing differents peoples rather than sticking home with my very same family members

Lee Simeon

A SAD lamp literally changed my life. Best investment I have ever made in addition to a gym membership.

OP
D

DonLore

A SAD lamp literally changed my life. Best investment I have ever made in addition to a gym membership.
I have a 250w incandescent red light, a bright white light and a UV-lamp, and while they have their purpose, these last winters they have not done even 10% of what actual sunlight does. But until past year, my health was in a decline and dopamine was just getting lower and lower, so maybe thats why only sun is enough for me. But with better health, maybe I can be more resilient in the darkness also

Nomane Euger

I have a 250w incandescent red light, a bright white light and a UV-lamp, and while they have their purpose, these last winters they have not done even 10% of what actual sunlight does. But until past year, my health was in a decline and dopamine was just getting lower and lower, so maybe thats why only sun is enough for me. But with better health, maybe I can be more resilient in the darkness also
What’s your diet?

Makrosky

Could you please provide the link to the product you are using? And the protoc9l. I would greatly appreciate it.

For the OP : Solarium makes a huge difference for me. It changes the mood to absolute trash wanting to shoot myself on the feet or pack up everything and go to the tropics to "it is ok, the winter will pass"

Lee Simeon

If it does not work for you then it does not work for you, but I have had two different SAD lamps and they differ a lot in quality. I use a beurer which have 3 functions, therapy, active, and relax. In combination with physical excerise, it makes winter bareable.

Lee Simeon

Could you please provide the link to the product you are using? And the protoc9l. I would greatly appreciate it.

For the OP : Solarium makes a huge difference for me. It changes the mood to absolute trash wanting to shoot myself on the feet or pack up everything and go to the tropics to "it is ok, the winter will pass"
I think its called Beurer TI 45. I just use it whenever I feel like it, and its not very big, but damn that sucker is bright so its very convenient. It also has 3 functions which I love

Makrosky

I think its called Beurer TI 45. I just use it whenever I feel like it, and its not very big, but damn that sucker is bright so its very convenient. It also has 3 functions which I love
Those are the lamps I was looking to buy! How do you use them? Like how many minutes at what time of the day? And at what distance?

I find spending time on the phone catching up with friends and family to be uplifting.

Rafe

Read literary classics or just some fiction I like.

Watch bushcrafter asmr videos (no talking just building in the forest sounds).

Draw.

Must be relaxing.

Daytime I snowshoe or hike.

Second the tanning salon for 3 or 4 min a couple of times a week.

Read literary classics or just some fiction I like.

Watch bushcrafter asmr videos (no talking just building in the forest sounds).

Draw.

Must be relaxing.

Daytime I snowshoe or hike.

Second the tanning salon for 3 or 4 min a couple of times a week.
Oooo those are good ones Rafe!

@Rinse & rePeat
I was gonna say the same about yours!

I really need to connect with old friends again & make some new ones.
I have been having 3 to 5 hour conversations with my closest friends and family, into the the early morning hours! I have been cheating myself texting rather than calling all of these years.

I'm.No.One

I do intricate seed bead work. Engages psychomotor as well as visual spatial which = dopamine hit for me.

But there's not a cold weather/long winter culture in existence that didn't have intricate activities that were primarily done in winter.

You literally need the stimulation & to see the outcome come spring.

In other words: too much idle time in winter is not a good thing.
IMG_20190806_080008_332.jpg

I do intricate seed bead work. Engages psychomotor as well as visual spatial which = dopamine hit for me.

But there's not a cold weather/long winter culture in existence that didn't have intricate activities that were primarily done in winter.

You literally need the stimulation & to see the outcome come spring.

In other words: too much idle time in winter is not a good thing.
View attachment 34566
That is beautiful!

OP
D

DonLore

One winter I did actually use solarium 1-3 times a week and it did help somewhat. Also SAD lamp used to help a little but with the health problems I have been fighting + low dopamine naturally, sun is what I really really need now

OP
D

DonLore

What’s your diet?
Basic Peaty diet, but now that I have recognized endotoxin/leaky gut as my main problem, fixing it has started to help tremendously. Carrot salads, white button mushrooms, ACV, gelatin, ditching supplements with fillers etc

Nomane Euger

Basic Peaty diet, but now that I have recognized endotoxin/leaky gut as my main problem, fixing it has started to help tremendously. Carrot salads, white button mushrooms, ACV, gelatin, ditching supplements with fillers etc
hi,can you expend,on your basic peat diet,wich fruits,wich startchs,milk,do they make you feel good and increase your enjoyment?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom