What Are Your Favorite Supplements?

B12 (super important for everyone, no matter what you eat, unless you eat fortified cereals/milks etc. B12 is made by bacteria, not plants or animals)
D (if not enough sunlight is obtained during appropriate hours)
Lab work is a must to see D and B12 levels.
Occasional E
Occasional K2
Occasional magnesium glycinate
Occasional Selenium (needed for T4 to T3 conversion)
Occasional various amounts of the purported 10-20 elements of the water soluble B complex.
Occasional non estrogenic herbs such as turmeric, ginger, garlic, etc.
I view caffeine as a supplement but best taken in cold brew coffee form. Just a tablespoon of proper cold brew has about 30-40 mgs of caffeine, so 4-5 tablespoons a day is a good start. Peat thinks caffeine is a vitamin like nutrient, I tend to agree.
Occasional iodized salt

OP
B

barbwirehouse

Westside PUFAs said:
B12 (super important for everyone, no matter what you eat, unless you eat fortified cereals/milks etc. B12 is made by bacteria, not plants or animals)
D (if not enough sunlight is obtained during approbate hours)
Lab work is a must to see D and B12 levels.
Occasional E
Occasional K
Occasional magnesium glycinate
Occasional Selenium (needed for T4 to T3 conversion)
Occasional various amounts of the purported 10-20 elements of the water soluble B complex.
Occasional non estrogenic herbs such as turmeric, ginger, garlic,tc.

Have you tried aspirin or gelatin? :ugeek:

I'm currently not taking aspirin for two reasons. 1. I had elevated liver enzymes after taking it daily for about a year. So I'm experimenting with seeing if aspirin cessation lowers them. 2. I can not find a clean source. Clean by my definition means 100% pure pharmaceutical grade powder and not the form sold as veterinarian aspirin. I do not believe the cheap dollar store with "starch only" is a good choice. I plan on taking small doses of it once I obtain a clean source. I did notice mood-boosting effects from taking it. I am intrigued by Peat's view that it has many anti-cancer, and serotonin lowering effects, which is why I want to take it again.

I've tried Great Lakes gelatin but I don't really enjoy it. I am interested in the positive effects of glycine, so I may try synthetic glycine. I am currently keeping my fat intake very low, so eating fatty gelatinous cuts of meat is not a current option for glycine.

OP
B

barbwirehouse

Westside PUFAs said:
I'm currently not taking aspirin for two reasons. 1. I had elevated liver enzymes after taking it daily for about a year. So I'm experimenting with seeing if aspirin cessation lowers them. 2. I can not find a clean source. Clean by my definition means 100% pure pharmaceutical grade powder and not the form sold as veterinarian aspirin. I do not believe the cheap dollar store with "starch only" is a good choice. I plan on taking small doses of it once I obtain a clean source. I did notice mood-boosting effects from taking it. I am intrigued by Peat's view that it has many anti-cancer, and serotonin lowering effects, which is why I want to take it again.

I've tried Great Lakes gelatin but I don't really enjoy it. I am interested in the positive effects of glycine, so I may try synthetic glycine. I am currently keeping my fat intake very low, so eating fatty gelatinous cuts of meat is not a current option for glycine.

Yea aspirin certainly is interesting but it seems hard to find a pure source, like you said. Did you get red can or green can gelatin? I've tried both and as expected, the hydrolyzed stuff tastes a lot better.

answersfound

Pregnenolone
Vitamin A
Vitamin D - Topical
Vitamin E
Vitamin K2 (Mk-4)
Selenium
Copper
Zinc
Hydrolyzed Collagen
Cytomel
Anacin

Sirkama

barbwirehouse said:
Sirkama said:
Magnesium
Glycine
K2

have you had any reactions to the magnesium?
If you mean in terms of benefits, then yes, absolutely; it's probably the most important thing I've done for my health and well-being. More energy, better sleep, improved histamine tolerance/breakdown, nicer skin, reduced inflammation (no more joint pain for instance), no more constipation, no more anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I don't think there is any part of my health that has not been affected by magnesium...

In terms of adverse reactions, no. Some magnesium supplements have caused slight allergic reactions, but that's about it.

OP
B

barbwirehouse

Sirkama said:
barbwirehouse said:
Sirkama said:
Magnesium
Glycine
K2

If you mean in terms of benefits, then yes, absolutely; it's probably the most important thing I've done for my health and well-being. More energy, better sleep, improved histamine tolerance/breakdown, nicer skin, reduced inflammation (no more joint pain for instance), no more constipation, no more anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I don't think there is any part of my health that has not been affected by magnesium...

In terms of adverse reactions, no. Some magnesium supplements have caused slight allergic reactions, but that's about it.

Nice, I might try some magnesium carbonate. :P

north

Pretty much daily
b complex (1,2,3,6,biotin)
ADEK
Mg-glycinate

Occationally
Cascara, charcoal, aspirin, zinc gluc.

Rarely
Pregnenolone, sulphur.

Stopped
Calcium, separate B's, regular prgnenolone, T3, T4, high dose E, etc..

RPDiciple

Sirkama said:
barbwirehouse said:
Sirkama said:
Magnesium
Glycine
K2

omg. what magnesium do u take? tried different ones?

Sirkama

RPDiciple said:
Sirkama said:
barbwirehouse said:
Sirkama said:
Magnesium
Glycine
K2

omg. what magnesium do u take? tried different ones?
Magnesium malate and taurate are the ones I've had the most success with in terms of oral supplements. I've had little to no success with other forms. The one I currently use it Magnesium Optimizer (magnesium malate with taurine and some potassium) by Jarrow Formulas. It has a few unwanted additivies though, so I might switch to some kind of pure powder. I also use magnesium oil and take regular Epsom salt baths or foot soaks. Ensuring an adequate intake of B6 and other cofactors is also important, I think.

answersfound

Pregnenolone is the only supplement I could not do without. If it got banned or something, I seriously don't know what I'd do. I'd probably move to a different country.

Sheik

Aspirin. It makes me feel better.

Pregnenolone and progesterone both made me feel bad. T3 and caffeine also make me feel bad. Anything that makes me feel my heart scares me. I wish I could get over that.

E, D, K2, and gelatin... I haven't noticed a difference from any of them. I'm deficient in D so I'll keep taking it regardless.

Waremu

Vitamin B1
Vitamin B6
Magnesium glycinate
L-theanine
Gelatin
Glycine
BCAA
Vitamin A, D, K (Haidut's "estroban" supplement)
Vitamin K2 (Thorn)
Salt (I take it as a supplement, so that is why I also list it)
Cynomel
Cynoplus
Caffeine
Selenium (occasionally, as I eat plenty of shell fish)

I have been doing best with these supplements and they all have their place with me. Theanine and BCCA's especially are great at keeping serotonin and cortisol low. Magnesium also works like a charm. Glucose metabolism seems best with some of the B vitamins and plenty of potassium as well.

Supplements recently stopped:
Aspirin
Niacinamide

arinryan

lookingforanswers said:
Pregnenolone is the only supplement I could not do without. If it got banned or something, I seriously don't know what I'd do. I'd probably move to a different country.

I feel this way about NDT. I honestly can't believe it took me 20 years to figure out what I was needing all this time. :yipes
But pregnenolone is a fairly close 2nd.

answersfound

Here's my new stack. It's much simpler:

Estroban
Pure encapsulations trace minerals
Pure encapsulations magnesium glycinate
Pure encapsulations pregnenolone
NOW Sun E
Hydrolyzed Collagen
Cytomel
Anacin
Benadryl

Stryker

Daily :
(Effervescent Magnesium Carbonate
Estroban
Energin
Nutrakey Caffeine - These 4 all have drastic direct effects for me)

Methylcobalamin
L-Optizinc
Albion Minerals Copper Glycinate
Albion Minerals Selenium Glycinate

Occasionally :
Taurine
Ceylon Cinnamon

Rarely :
Aspirin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals