What Are You Doing In Case Of Famine?

peateats1

I don't have any food or supplies prepared for the possible upcoming famine and upheaval of society. I'm on thyroid medicine and have chronic fatigue without it, so I guess I need to order tons of that.

What else are you all stocking up on for food?

Should I buy a gun? If the police back down and these riots spread we could be in trouble...

RWilly

I have extra oatmeal. Figure it's shelf stable, nutrient rich and provides energy, while not taking up a lot of space. Potato flakes could also fall into this category.

Otherwise, if worse comes to worse, there are plenty of bugs in the yard. Flowers and grass are edible, although with grass you'll have to grind it up to get the juice.

No guns for me.

OP
P

peateats1

I have extra oatmeal. Figure it's shelf stable, nutrient rich and provides energy, while not taking up a lot of space. Potato flakes could also fall into this category.

Otherwise, if worse comes to worse, there are plenty of bugs in the yard. Flowers and grass are edible, although with grass you'll have to grind it up to get the juice.

No guns for me.
This sounds like a good start, thank you for the ideas!

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
You'll need a little fat. I put a few pounds of butter in the freezer and use them gradually, replacing the oldest as I use it. Powdered milk is also available and shelf-stable. Canned tuna or chicken is useful too, along with any canned foods you like - just buy a few extra when you shop.

Grass and bugs are "supplements" and not likely to give you enough calories to subsist for long. Foraging is difficult and I've never learned what plants, berries, and mushrooms are safe vs toxic, but if you know these things you'll have a head start.

I personally would not buy a weapon unless you commit to going to a range and practicing a lot. It is easily taken from an inexperienced person and used against him.

Summer

If you’re a US citizen and you don’t have a gun, get one. Regardless of any rioting. Leftist-run big cities are on fire but they’ve never ever been a good representation of the majority of the US. The rest of us are just rolling our eyes as these savages torch themselves. Also the military will step in if the police don’t.

Sunny Jack

If you have money now, you could stock up on canned oysters and powdered gelatin. Peat has mentioned well-cooked potatoes as a better poverty staple than beans and corn. Oats if overcooked can provide energy, though white rice might be better, and is also unlikely to be banned by the Malthusian depopulators. Raw carrots likewise. You could apply Peatarian principles to the foodstuffs they intend to poison you with, and come up with a fairly healthy diet. Invest in a blender and you can make potato protein soup as well. If local dairy and eggs are still available when meat is banned/scarce then make the most of that as well, otherwise learn how to make good kale broth. There are always proactive things you can do, which should neutralise learned helplessness. See the positive, and always have hope in the future.

Peater

Tinned haggis - a nearly perfect split of carbs, protein, and fat. Pretty tasty too, I was amazed to find. Getting on for 1000 calories per tin.

rei

Potatoes is probably the best food for shorter SHTF situations. I would not even consider planning for longer than the 6 months potatoes keep fresh, because if it happens the world as we know it has ended and planning for such is pointless.

HLP

I don't have any food or supplies prepared for the possible upcoming famine and upheaval of society. I'm on thyroid medicine and have chronic fatigue without it, so I guess I need to order tons of that.

Should I buy a gun? If the police back down and these riots spread we could be in trouble...
I am planning to dry apricots. Made sweetened condensed milk yesterday and sealed it in jars. Butter in freezer. Organic apricot jam. Jerky. Freezing fruit. Made dry curd raw cottage cheese, salt and form into balls submerged in olive oil. Keeps for years unrefridgerated.

Regina

If you’re a US citizen and you don’t have a gun, get one. Regardless of any rioting. Leftist-run big cities are on fire but they’ve never ever been a good representation of the majority of the US. The rest of us are just rolling our eyes as these savages torch themselves. Also the military will step in if the police don’t.
Once the tanks move in, the military occupation and total overthrow is complete.

This whole video is excellent, but the last 15 minutes are devastating:

OP
P

peateats1

Thank you all so much for the suggestions!! I will start to stock up on all the things listed. It's time to be prepared for the worst.

I live near a big city and am concerned about the riots moving to the suburbs, if the local governments and police get taken out(buildings burned etc) or are overwhelmed, marshal law which is now being implemented in Minneapolis, and everything else. All this that is taking place now, in my opinion, is all by design and what the elite wanted to happen. Agenda 21

It's getting scary

OP
P

peateats1

Once the tanks move in, the military occupation and total overthrow is complete.

This whole video is excellent, but the last 15 minutes are devastating:

I gotta watch this, thanks for posting! Minneapolis I think is using military troops right now. It's definitely getting worrisome.

PhilParma

National Guard is in Minneapolis. The Governor is in control. I'm currently spending my nights praying to the ghost of John Quincy Adams that the military doesn't get called in. Entire blocks have been destroyed, but the situation seems much more stable the last couple nights. Wednesday and Thursday were horrifying.

And, if there's a famine I think I'll just starve to death. They burned down the grocery stores just north of me. The one I normally go to was closed and boarded up today at 5pm. I guess I'll need to buy my Haagen Dazs tomorrow.

yes buy guns. Of course.

OP
P

peateats1

National Guard is in Minneapolis. The Governor is in control. I'm currently spending my nights praying to the ghost of John Quincy Adams that the military doesn't get called in. Entire blocks have been destroyed, but the situation seems much more stable the last couple nights. Wednesday and Thursday were horrifying.

And, if there's a famine I think I'll just starve to death. They burned down the grocery stores just north of me. The one I normally go to was closed and boarded up today at 5pm. I guess I'll need to buy my Haagen Dazs tomorrow.
Yeah that's scary. The stores near me closed early tonight and a lot of them are boarding up. We have to hope and pray things calm down. It's so stressful not knowing what's going to happen next.