What Are You Doing In Case Of Famine?

Ras

Psalms 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Mac Rilla

I used to work for the government, and it wasn't sitting behind a desk.

When it comes to food in the event of famine or upheavel, it's probably not realistic to think you'll still be Peating. It will be about survival. Rice and spam are cheap and easy to stockpile in large quantities. Coconut oil is also easy to stockpile as well as sugar. You can live a long time off of a fairly small (space wise) supply of those items. Start there and then build out.

Depending on where you are you may not need a large water supply. Have 100-200 gallons in containers that can be used for rainwater encatchment. Have some basic ability to purify water such as a life straw or sawyer device.

I understand the apprehension some have about firearms, but opting out of them right now is probably not a wise decision. I saw some great advice about carrying ti around while you do chores etc. Having a gun isn't enough. You have to be comfortable with it or it doesn't matter. Someone like me will just take it away from you. Most gunfights occur within 5 meters. Close enough for someone to grab it out of your hands if they're fast and confident and you are the reverse. If you go with a rifle get a Vickers sling or something else adjustable. Practice adjusting it on the fly.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVAMUejexa0

People focus too much on live fire shooting, believe it or not. Then in the moment of truth they can't work their weapon light or flub a mag change or forget to send their bolt forward. Go out in your garage once a day for 20 minutes and practice the basics of weapons manipulation. It adds up. You would be amazed how fast you can go from being a basic civilian with no experience to being a pretty solid gun fighter if you just put the work in.

No one should ever go looking for a fight, but if it finds you be ready.

If you can swing it financially night vision is the great equalizer. You can get decent PVS-14 night vision units for 2-3k now. Again, not cheap but if I'm out there with nods and you're not... well, we know how that story ends. You can also get much cheaper digital night vision like the Sionyx Aurora for around 600. You're not going to be doing any gun fighting with it, but for static observation with an IR light you can do a lot.

Good luck.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals