What Are You Doing For INSULIN Sensitivity?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone,

I am curious to know what major strategies/supplements you use to ensure you remain insulin sensitive, and thus prevent blood sugar dysfunction.

Examples:
-Enhancing liver glycogen storage.
-B-Vitamins/Energin.
-Taurine.
-Reducing PUFA.
-Herbs.
-Weight training.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Adrenaline

Bromocriptine reverses diabetes and cardiovascular disease. I take occasionally.

Adrenaline

What effects do you notice in terms of mood, energy and overall health?

Actually it feels like sh*t the day I take it. Stuffy nose, headache, low blood pressure.

After that day it feels great. It keeps my blood pressure low, improved digestion, lowers prolactin etc.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone,

I am curious to know what major strategies/supplements you use to ensure you remain insulin sensitive, and thus prevent blood sugar dysfunction.

Examples:
-Enhancing liver glycogen storage.
-B-Vitamins/Energin.
-Taurine.
-Reducing PUFA.
-Herbs.
-Weight training.

Feel free to share your thoughts.
Just eating a diet that doesn't irritate my gut and keeps my blood sugar stable. Lots of red meat and potato keeps me happy. I only eat 3 meals because I'd be too stuffed if I had to eat more.
Adding fat and/or sugar makes me hungry even while I'm still full, which I take as a sign of insulin/glucose dysregulation.
What I have only ground beef and potato, my body is happy. I do add chilli and salt though and having the occasional beef liver.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Just eating a diet that doesn't irritate my gut and keeps my blood sugar stable. Lots of red meat and potato keeps me happy. I only eat 3 meals because I'd be too stuffed if I had to eat more.
Adding fat and/or sugar makes me hungry even while I'm still full, which I take as a sign of insulin/glucose dysregulation.
What I have only ground beef and potato, my body is happy. I do add chilli and salt though and having the occasional beef liver.

When you say adding in fat, which fats are you referring to?

milkboi

Biotin 10mg, different forms of Thiamine, only eating fat in my last meal of the day.

lampofred

Keeping PTH low via calcium, sugar, fat-soluble vitamins, aspirin, coffee would probably be one of the most helpful things you could do.

ddjd

haidut has a thread about vitamin d helping with insulin sensitivity

Hans

Forum Supporter
When you say adding in fat, which fats are you referring to?
Added coconut oil and possibly even stearic acid. I'm still fine with beef fat and a little dairy fat.

1. Exercise
2. Limiting fat when spiking insulin frequently
3. Choosing potassium rich carb sources
4. ALA, benfotiamine, manganese, chromium (and probably two dozen other supplements since so many have this side effect)

lampofred

Can you elaborate on the MOA?
PTH turns off glucose oxidation and increases fermentation. RP wrote somewhere that removing the parathyroid gland eliminates diabetes. But it's important to lower PTH by increasing glucose oxidation and not by shifting the source of energy from sugar to fat because you don't want to rely on starvation metabolism.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
1. Exercise
2. Limiting fat when spiking insulin frequently
3. Choosing potassium rich carb sources
4. ALA, benfotiamine, manganese, chromium (and probably two dozen other supplements since so many have this side effect)

This is a nice list.

What are your go-to potassium rich sources?

Also, limiting fat when spiking insulin is critical, I agree.

ALA is awesome.
Benfotiamine is so good at ramping up glucose oxidation. I get hypo on it. What dose are you using?