What are the ideal thyroid stats?

rayban

Ideally, in terms of TSH, T3, T4, fT3, fT3, rt3, PTH, thyroglobulin, and all the ratios in between. Also, anything that could interact in a main way with thyroid like iodine, calcium metabolism markers etc.

What are the best optimal values being considered as ideal nowadays?

TSH 0.2 - 0.8
T3, T4, FT3, FT4 in upper quartile

Approximately. Don't know about the others.

I've never been able to get there without thyroid supplements though.

jmparret

TSH 0.2 - 0.8

Everyone is different. I went through a very nasty thyroid storm event (hyperthyroid) so i do not do well with those low TSH numbers I prefer 1 - 3. By nasty i mean getting last rites because they could not measure my pulse rate or blood pressure because it was too high. When TSH is at 0.2 i gain weight.
Joe

OP
R

rayban

TSH 0.2 - 0.8

We need to know the ratios. Also some sites don't recomend upper quartile for some markers. Here for instance

What is free T4 and what is a “normal” level?
Free T4 (free thyroxine) is a hormone produced by the thyroid. You want free T4 to be in the middle of the lab range. So, if the range is 1.0-3.0, you want your free T4 to be 2 or close to it. Each lab has a different range, so you have to look at what the specific range is to know what number to look for.

Ferritin also sounds interesting on thyroid labs:

Ferritin Test

If you take thyroid hormone replacement and still have persistent symptoms, a ferritin test may be helpful because 10 – 40% of hypothyroid patients have chronic low stomach acid [15], which can lead to poor iron absorption.

A ferritin test measures the amount of iron stored in the blood. Hypothyroid patients may improve their thyroid symptoms by getting their ferritin levels up to 100 with iron supplementation:

• In a small study of 25 hypothyroid women who were taking thyroid medication but still not feeling well, iron supplementation alleviated symptoms in roughly 75% of the patients [16].

Last edited:

CuriousKay

We need to know the ratios. Also some sites don't recomend upper quartile for some markers. Here for instance

Ferritin also sounds interesting on thyroid labs:
I’m being medicated for hypothyroidism and my ferritin and iron were low. Peat was anti-iron supplements I thought? So I haven’t been doing anything about my iron, because I don’t know how, other than to eat red meat most days of the week.

Anyone else have ideas for how to increase iron without iron supplements?

I’m also curious about the connection between hypothyroidism and ferritin/iron.

But as for this specific topic: I’ve been over medicated with T4 lately, and saw the doc today to get my lab work. My TSH was 0.01. I’ve been feeling tired and mildly anxious for a few weeks now, and suddenly my cellulite got worse… so thanks to the numbers above I’ll be aiming for 0.02-0.08 instead ☺️

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals