What Are Symptoms Of High Estrogen?

Peatogenic

I feel as if my estrogen must be being lowered, as my body is less puffy, remnants of gynecomastia gone. But are there other symptoms I should be looking for?

Ron J

It has been mentioned by haidut and/or Ray Peat that a prolactin test is more accurate, so an estrogen test might be a waste of money.

brocktoon

It has been mentioned by haidut and/or Ray Peat that a prolactin test is more accurate, so an estrogen test might be a waste of money.
I got blood testing for prolactin and estradiol. My estradiol was high (53) despite an increase in T:(. My prolactin was at 7 or so. This was within "normal" range, BUT in real terms, I wonder -- is it problematically high, especially considering my estradiol result??

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

...this is actually why my intuition was to not do any testing, but just consider symptoms..if there are any...

Vinero

Aggression, irritability, anger, depression, excessive libido or impotence can also be caused by high estrogen.

brocktoon

Aggression, irritability, anger, depression, excessive libido or impotence can also be caused by high estrogen.
Yeah, I experience most of that and more. Despite increasing my T, probably from combo of Pansterone/androsterone, I think I'm excessively aromatizing the T into estrogen. Frustrating.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Yeah, I experience most of that and more. Despite increasing my T, probably from combo of Pansterone/androsterone, I think I'm excessively aromatizing the T into estrogen. Frustrating.

Curious what your dosage is. I take andro and pan as well. I don't feel aggressive, irritable, or depressed....but I do think my libido is a bit excessive....not as excessive as before though. Even before andro and pan I was not aggressive or irritable, but definitely over-emotional and depressed. The andro started first and brought more sturdiness....then with the pan I noticed endurance and the removal of the emotional/mental issues. I was very frail mentally.

My estrogen concerns would be skin quality...but I'm thinking that's more a serotonin thing, even if serotonin influences estrogen. I just don't want things to get worse. My concern would be with pan....it has a warning to not get too much DHEA in a day (increase of estrogen)....but couldn't DHEA build up from multiple days?

My dose of Pan is two drops a day. Andro is 3. I take low dose A and D as well.

brocktoon

Curious what your dosage is. I take andro and pan as well. I don't feel aggressive, irritable, or depressed....but I do think my libido is a bit excessive....not as excessive as before though. Even before andro and pan I was not aggressive or irritable, but definitely over-emotional and depressed. The andro started first and brought more sturdiness....then with the pan I noticed endurance and the removal of the emotional/mental issues. I was very frail mentally.

My estrogen concerns would be skin quality...but I'm thinking that's more a serotonin thing, even if serotonin influences estrogen. I just don't want things to get worse. My concern would be with pan....it has a warning to not get too much DHEA in a day (increase of estrogen)....but couldn't DHEA build up from multiple days?

My dose of Pan is two drops a day. Andro is 3. I take low dose A and D as well.
I'm dosing 5 drops of Pan and 4 of andro. Was thinking of going higher...but might not be advisable if it would worsen estrogen. Maybe I need to double up on the mushrooms...

Ron J

I got blood testing for prolactin and estradiol. My estradiol was high (53) despite an increase in T:(. My prolactin was at 7 or so. This was within "normal" range, BUT in real terms, I wonder -- is it problematically high, especially considering my estradiol result??
From what I've read, as long as you don't have any negative side effects, lower prolactin is better.
We have many threads dedicated lower estrogen, even to undetectable levels(not making a suggestion), but I'm interested in something similar to lower prolactin. I'd like to know which substance(s)(a dopaminergic for example, or perhaps cypro) and at what dosage I can experience a prolactin in the 1-2 range.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals