What Are Symptoms If Not Low Blood Sugar?

J

James IV

I doubt the ripeness of any fruit in my country I've never thought fruit being shipped to another continent would do it any good. I thought cooking was a way to make fruit more digestible when its quality was questionable. I've eaten the yoghurt a lot recently but maybe the pairing was bad. I've convinced myself as to the benefits of keeping a food log.

Thanks for the replies and talking me through it.

Cooking can help. But sometimes the amount of cooking needed would make the fruit unpalatable. Hope you figure it out soon, and feel better.

goodandevil

I cooked it for around 40 minutes with sugar and salt and thought it was delicious. Guess I should experiment more
Are you hyperventilating? Try and get some co2. Having a co2 tank has allowed me to control my hyperventilation. If antibiotics/cascara arent helping, consider strength of abdominopelvic muscles.

J

James IV

I cooked it for around 40 minutes with sugar and salt and thought it was delicious. Guess I should experiment more

You'd think that would be okay, but hard to say.
Sometimes as inflammation subsides, we release old gunk that's been stuck in the intestines for a while. That could cause the same response. But you can usually tell if it's this, because it's dark and smells terrible.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Are you hyperventilating? Try and get some co2. Having a co2 tank has allowed me to control my hyperventilation. If antibiotics/cascara arent helping, consider strength of abdominopelvic muscles.

I don't think I was hyperventilating. I did bag breath during the episode and it made me feel a bit better but I always feel good after bag breathing regardless of how I felt before.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

You'd think that would be okay, but hard to say.
Sometimes as inflammation subsides, we release old gunk that's been stuck in the intestines for a while. That could cause the same response. But you can usually tell if it's this, because it's dark and smells terrible.

Only other new thing I had was a cup of coffee, 4 hours before the adrenaline bowel movement. I only had 1/2tsp coffee and I had a coffee yesterday at around the same time and didn't experience that.

Think I will have another coffee at the same time tomorrow but no fruit

The bowel movement was a bit smelly if I remember right but don't remember the colour being any different from normal. I had another around 20 minutes after this one as well much smaller before I started to feel normal again, can't remember if I've said that already.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

How would you suggest strengthening abdominopelvic muscles have you had any experience with this? Planks and ab exercises?

Xisca

Parasympathetic nervous response blocking utilization of glucose and resultant increase in adrenaline.
Then I guess it it the dorso vagal nerve that is blocking, because the ventro vagal is the one that allows a good and easy digestion!
The dorso vagal is bringing a freeze response, and cannot be working at the same time as the ventral side o the vagus nerve.
The dorso vagal is in a blockage working at the same time as the sympathic.
It can be caused by digestion issues, as I do not trust yogurt, and melon does not digest well with any other food, but it can come from any other stress, alone or at the same time.
When we take care of the nervous system, it becomes more able to regulate itself alone, and problems solve on their own. It is not magic but some personal work, I say it because I am not over my personal issues... But take into account any type of stress and any method that helps regulate stress.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Oh and I had the grated carrot for the first time in a week or two 3 hours before the adrenaline bowel movement. I didn't realise how much different things I had done today.

J

James IV

Oh and I had the grated carrot for the first time in a week or two 3 hours before the adrenaline bowel movement. I didn't realise how much different things I had done today.

Carrot could have definitely done it. Bacterial die off = Endotoxin

I think you are wise to keep a food log until you figure things out. I'm sure you will notice a pattern.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Carrot could have definitely done it. Bacterial die off = Endotoxin

I think you are wise to keep a food log until you figure things out. I'm sure you will notice a pattern.

Even at such a short time between the two events? Do you think it would be wise to continue the carrot or stop it?

goodandevil

How would you suggest strengthening abdominopelvic muscles have you had any experience with this? Planks and ab exercises?
Flutter kicks, glute bridges (done on aninflatable ball makes it easier), bodyweight squats while contracting abs and pelvic floor, walkijng up stairs with weights while contracting lower abdomen. If you digest better laying down than standing, thats a telling sign of abdominolelvic dysfunctiom, very commom these days with all the desk sitting. There are some streches as well, for example laying on your belly, pronated, lift one foot in the air, bendijg at the knee, amd rock it back and forth. Then do the other foot. If your digestion improves you've kdentified the problem. Amy stein has a more comprehensive list of exercises.

InChristAlone

Good thread! As you know I have mucho experience with this. Parasympathetic could definitely be a factor especially if you can predict it happening from day to day but if it's erratic then probably digestive stress. I agree with @Xisca about working on your nervous system so it regulates itself. Somatic experiencing is one way.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Good thread! As you know I have mucho experience with this. Parasympathetic could definitely be a factor especially if you can predict it happening from day to day but if it's erratic then probably digestive stress. I agree with @Xisca about working on your nervous system so it regulates itself. Somatic experiencing is one way.

Thanks for the reply, in this instance I am sure it was digestion related, but I have wondered about the parasympathetic ever since finding out about the reasons for my 8pm feeling changes. Do you have any resources you have found useful for somatic experiencing, or was it with another person, therapist or something?

Then I guess it it the dorso vagal nerve that is blocking, because the ventro vagal is the one that allows a good and easy digestion!
The dorso vagal is bringing a freeze response, and cannot be working at the same time as the ventral side o the vagus nerve.
The dorso vagal is in a blockage working at the same time as the sympathic.
It can be caused by digestion issues, as I do not trust yogurt, and melon does not digest well with any other food, but it can come from any other stress, alone or at the same time.
When we take care of the nervous system, it becomes more able to regulate itself alone, and problems solve on their own. It is not magic but some personal work, I say it because I am not over my personal issues... But take into account any type of stress and any method that helps regulate stress.

How do you suggest someone takes care of their nervous system?

Xisca

Thanks to this thread I could make more sense about the relationship between my nervous system and having low sugar symtoms at the same time as high sugar blood results!!!!!!!!!!!

If I still have problems and do SE, do not conclude it does not work, just there are no practitioner where i live, so I do not profit of it, most of the time.

Xisca

Even when you are sure that it is digestion related, it is nerves related at the sqme time.
I have done all the course of SE, somatic experiencing. Just knowing how it works helped me! Just to know I was like this because of chemicals before my birth, and I have nothing wrong, just poisonning, bad liver and slow metabolism.
You can read peter Levine or any other information, just at behaviour level, not endocrine and technical knowledge.

Then, just Buteyko alreqdy has an influence on the nervous system, or mindfulness. Then anybody can have special affinities, like I have none for yoga for example...

Then, it is useful to eat after calmond from any activity, and there is a big antidote to freeze reaction, blockage including gut, and this is the reverse branch of the dorso; have vago ventral activity, simply called social engagement. I have also mentionned Steven Porges about this before.

And like diet, it has to be a way of life, not a weeks or months period for short term results. We need to respect our biology. And of course look at ways to protect yourself from any gut agressor, until your system just start to be able to stand the agressor with no reaction!

J

James IV

Even at such a short time between the two events? Do you think it would be wise to continue the carrot or stop it?

3 hours is plenty of time for the carrot to move through the system.

I'd stick with it consistently and see if it improves things. The carrot itself shouldn't contribute to endotoxin load, but some folks seem to have issues with it if thier digestion is really poor. Adding salt and CO can help.

InChristAlone

I watched quite a few of Irene Lyon's youtubes, she does this work for a steep price, but its life changing for a lot of people. I have not paid any therapist, just have been around this kind of mindfulness type of thing for a while. Becoming more of an observer of my body, becoming connected to my environment and less up in my head freaking out about stuff.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@Xisca @Janelle525 I checked out some somatic experiencing videos and it seems related to specific memories and trauma which i don't think it relevant to me. I think when I get symptoms when I am unwell I panic because I don't know what's happening to me, the stress of which undoubtedly doesn't help me. Maybe things will be different now I know what is happening to me (digestive disturbance resulting in adrenaline to produce a bowel movement) As you mention, maybe something more along the lines of mindfulness would benefit me. Thanks, I'll look into this further. Do you feel like mindfulness has benefitted you?

@James IV I have seen Peat say it takes 2-3 weeks for the body adjust to carrot and he has recommended it for many digestive issues so I think I will continue it. However continuing to eat something that is giving me adrenaline poos seems dumb but I guess I just have to experiment and see what happens. Thanks!

Xisca

@Xisca @Janelle525 I checked out some somatic experiencing videos and it seems related to specific memories and trauma which i don't think it relevant to me.
Wait! Videos are misleading because they show the biggest for which SC is helpful!
The first importance of SE is to tell very simply how it works, in behavioral words.
Also you can have big histories with no traumatic consecuence, OR have had some minor issue that let you with unknown but real autonomic disorder. For example surgery is a little known trigger.

I started health real issues after a surgery + mercury removal. This is real though no feeling of trauma! Also, endotoxin leave you HELPLESS, so tiny things in our bodies we have difficulties to FIGHT with.

2ndly, any person having digestive issues, migraine, any syndrome, has some somatic issue = autonomic system disorder... I know people who solved migraine or asthma with SE, others stopped needing high adrenaline sports.

But as I said, no ONE method is the best. But SE is relevant for ALL people, not only the worse cases. Even any type of fear or anger are emotional issues hiding a physiological issue. This is real physiology. Our mind and our emotional feelings are just showing felt feelings from a body that has no access to wordly expression.

That is also why, even with experience, nobody can conceptualize the felt sense of the body. But when you know this, you can considere your thoughts and emotions as indications that there is some somatic stuff expressing itself...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals