What are some tips to reduce / eliminate body hair as a male.

Kvothe

Histadelics (high histamine/low methylation phenotype) have very little body hair.
Histapenics (low histamine/high methylation phenotype) typically have a lot of body hair, especially on chest, arms and back.

Don‘t know if you can adopt to become one or another, but I think it could be theoretically possibly. But it‘s best to be in the middle of both as each brings it‘s one mental and physical issues.
Gbol nonsense.

Nebula

I think I heard of someone on the forum losing body hair on very high thyroid doses. I can’t remember who. It makes sense body hair is mostly an adaptation to lower thyroid and/or cold environments. If your body temperature is always very high, maybe it signals for lower expression of body hair. These adaptations probably took place over many thousands of years though so probably not something that would change much in one lifetime.

OP
Gânico

Gânico

I think I heard of someone on the forum losing body hair on very high thyroid doses. I can’t remember who. It makes sense body hair is mostly an adaptation to lower thyroid and/or cold environments. If your body temperature is always very high, maybe it signals for lower expression of body hair. These adaptations probably took place over many thousands of years though so probably not something that would change much in one lifetime.
Yeah, that's my line of thinking. I developed most of my body hair in a very stressful period of my life, when i was bordeline hypo. I wish i could shed it during my lifetime, i think only chronic high prog / thyroid would help.

ursidae

DC37EAB3-2E92-471C-9CBD-D113D111BAE6.jpeg

Cypro, Diphenhydramine, aspirin, hot showers, T3, etc.

Too much hair (on non-typical areas) usually means too much cumulative stress. Not that popping this stuff to excess willl magically make you lose hair, but it can maybe tone it down with diet and lifestyle factors over several weeks/months.

Plenty here have weighed in on how "adaptive mechanisms" can be in altering stress and the immediate physiological changes over time.

Lots of sicker old guys tend to puff, "thicken" or have a boatload of stress effects set in motion quick physiological changes starting from puberty and then slowly beyond.

Stress I'd say is akin to the mule or animal with sacks on its back. Eventually you keep throwing more and more and the animal just keeps walking because it knows nothing else. Sooner or later the animal collapses and possibly dies. In other words people only "notice" they are too stressed when it is too late (not death but past the ideal point of 'repair' since it is regeneration that increasinly becomes difficult as you keep "damaging" your cells and oxidative metabolism and etc. both genetically and mechanically over time, or both).

Hell I'd even venture some could benefit from benzos or at least theanine and cypro on and off to help curb the stress you may not even be witnessing.

As we get older we tend to see the hairier guy, chubbier guy or "thicker" guy or sometimes even the hairy-then-almost hairless guys (because they will sprout hair on their backs and shoulders/neck but probably lose it on their legs and heads).

Sometimes you even remove the pituitary and you might never see this happen (increasing of unwanted hairiness to significant extent) ... Who knows (I don't for sure but I theorize).

One thing I know is Ray has recommended hot showers or suggested such that they can work partly like thyroid medication. I can personally attest to this ... Sometimes after a long, hot shower I will step out, dry off and notice tremendous grip strength and a sense of well being. Of course if you knew anything my life is just eternal torture of the mind, so these "effects" can come and go very quickly.

But make with it what you will ... Even with tons of stress (mental and physical, but mostly mental) I am glad I haven't gotten too hairy yet. On the other hand I would volunteer for pituitary removal, but I am not sure telling people that would help in not making you look crazy ... But maybe less hairy if it goes through.

Other crazy ideas that might help:

Topical palmitic acid or coconut oil

Topical magnesium or epsom salt soaks regularly

Weight training (but not too stressful)

Sunlight (try not to get too much sun unless low in serotonin/higher in androgens)

Possible steaming and boiling of water with baking soda to alkalize and maybe reduce oxygen in/on hairy areas (or just set up a CO2 tank).

Endotoxins or some forms of ROS may affect this indirectly? I don't know, but consider (granular coconut) charcoal and light antibiotic courses on and off too.

Oh and this isn't "medical advice" but personal advice -- that means a doctor isn't telling you to do it, so there is a fair chance that it could actually benefit you rather than intubate you, but still be wary of extremes.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Nomane Euger

Nomane Euger

@ScurveDream hi,you said it’s personal advices,did you personally experience with everything you recommanded,with the nuances you mentioned?did you expose your self to sunlight in a high androgen/low serotonin state and’ vice versa?if yes what do you base your assumption of high androgen/low serotonin of?

youngsinatra

Hi,do you know if babies have high lvl of histamines?i would assume low,if they have low lvl,why baby are’ not hairy?
Androgens definitely play a big role in regards to hairiness.
A large increase in hair is seen when sex hormones rise in puberty. And women have much less body hair due to lower androgens.

I am a nursery teacher and also know many children who are quite hairy, even under the age of 3. From my observation hairiness is accompanied by not so great health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals