What are some tips to reduce / eliminate body hair as a male.

-Luke-

Castration, razors, nair, laser hair removal, high dose DHT blockers
I don't know what nair is, but razor sounds safest of the options mentioned.

Unless you want to combine option 1 (castration) and option 2 (razors) with each other...

Last edited:

liber1

When I was 26 (I’m 32 now) I went on trt and shortly after that I did keto for 60 days very strict. At the end of the sixty days I started having hair loss in a MPB style. Then I slowly started growing lots of body hair. Lots on the shoulders with stomach and chest covered.

When I reintroduced carbs my hair stopped falling out but I retained the body hair. I’m not certain that I’ve had any regrowth. But that was 6 years ago and I still have a “full head of hair”

Since stopping trt three months ago and going very peaty my body hair has started to fall out, especially in the shower. I might run my fingers through it and have 6 or 7 hairs come out with each pass.

All just anecdotes that might spark some thought. I’m not certain if it’s the lower Dht levels after stopping trt that are causing it to come out or an improved metabolism from going more peaty with my diet.

IVILA

When I was 26 (I’m 32 now) I went on trt and shortly after that I did keto for 60 days very strict. At the end of the sixty days I started having hair loss in a MPB style. Then I slowly started growing lots of body hair. Lots on the shoulders with stomach and chest covered.

When I reintroduced carbs my hair stopped falling out but I retained the body hair. I’m not certain that I’ve had any regrowth. But that was 6 years ago and I still have a “full head of hair”

Since stopping trt three months ago and going very peaty my body hair has started to fall out, especially in the shower. I might run my fingers through it and have 6 or 7 hairs come out with each pass.

All just anecdotes that might spark some thought. I’m not certain if it’s the lower Dht levels after stopping trt that are causing it to come out or an improved metabolism from going more peaty with my diet.
It's most likely the trt that caused the hair growth, and when you stopped, dht levels went back down and you started losing the hair.

OP
Gânico

Gânico

Is there a particular reason? Is your body hair excessive or is it just an aesthetic preference?
Aesthetic. It's not excessive, but i don't like it. For me, it would be the best to not have hair anywhere but my scalp.

OP
Gânico

Gânico

I believe lack of body hair is a sign of high metabolism.

Kvothe

I highly doubt that is true. Androgens potently induce hair growth.

Free testosterone induces body hair growth. People with a high metabolic rate usually have high total testosterone (bound to SHBG and albumin) and very low levels of free testosterone. Men usually get more body hair as they age, and metabolic rate declines. Young men usually have no to little terminal body hair. Ray once said that he experienced an interesting shedding of body hair during spring.

IVILA

Free testosterone induces body hair growth. People with a high metabolic rate usually have high total testosterone (bound to SHBG and albumin) and very low levels of free testosterone. Men usually get more body hair as they age, and metabolic rate declines. Young men usually have no to little terminal body hair. Ray once said that he experienced an interesting shedding of body hair during spring.
I wouldn't say they have "very low" levels of free testosterone, but they should not have very high levels.

liber1

There could be something to the idea that elevated testosterone or Dht raise the metabolic rate and without adequate nutrition the testosterone level drops or in the case of exogenous T the individual goes hypothyroid. Just a idea cuz I’m not that well versed

youngsinatra

Histadelics (high histamine/low methylation phenotype) have very little body hair.
Histapenics (low histamine/high methylation phenotype) typically have a lot of body hair, especially on chest, arms and back.

Don‘t know if you can adopt to become one or another, but I think it could be theoretically possibly. But it‘s best to be in the middle of both as each brings it‘s one mental and physical issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals