What Are Some Peat-friendly Ways To Reduce High Blood Pressure

OP
P

pepzorpdorp

Bag breathing/Frolov device is the easiest way. 2-3 minutes 2-4 times/day.
Really, because after I started peating and doing bag breathing my blood pressure keeps getting higher. At least I think it is. But I will still continue with it then.

DaveFoster

Really, because after I started peating and doing bag breathing my blood pressure keeps getting higher. At least I think it is. But I will still continue with it then.
It should go up higher, but return back to normal after about 20 minutes. Salt will lower your blood pressure in the long-term, but acutely raise it. Taurine will lower it over time; K2 will as well as mentioned.

Coffee will acutely raise your blood pressure, but lower it over time. T3 will do the same. Etc. etc.

It has to do with terminating a sympathetic nervous system response; initially, there's a conflict between communication between the sympathetic and parasympathetic, as evident in CO2's ability to sensitize your body to adrenaline, which will drastically raise your heart rate.

In the long-run, however, the latter wins out (parasympathetic).

My diet mostly consists of things like: Milk, cheese, apple, grapes, kiwis, gelatin, ice cream, carrot, eggs, cottage cheese, raisins, chocolate and occasionally orange juice, bananas and ground beef with butter
Any idea how much protein? Calories? Salt?
"Combined with a high protein diet, eating a little extra salt usually helps to correct a variety of problems involving edema, poor circulation, and high blood pressure."

keith

I recently asked, and his reply was here: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

My context might be different from yours. I haven't had blood work done, but increasing milk and taking additional thyroid hasn't had any impact for me so far. Stress is probably a big factor, but not easy to control.

milk

My diet mostly consists of things like: Milk, cheese, apple, grapes, kiwis, gelatin, ice cream, carrot, eggs, cottage cheese, raisins, chocolate and occasionally orange juice, bananas and ground beef with butter

so a lot of fat, then?

i have been dealing with high bp for over a year. a diet low in fat (less than 10g a day) seems to lower it in my case. maybe you could try that.

magnesium and vit d seem to help me with bp too. it seems lower when i measure it after taking those.

niacinamide is recommended for lowering blood pressure. i can't tell for sure if it helped me, but it can't hurt to try.

exercise (daily walking for half an hour) helps too, of course.

i already mentioned taurine and k2.

i'm not savvy like a lot of guys here at all, i'm just telling you what seems to work for me.

edit: cyproheptadine also has a noticeable bp loweing effect in my experience.

OP
P

pepzorpdorp

Any idea how much protein? Calories? Salt?
"Combined with a high protein diet, eating a little extra salt usually helps to correct a variety of problems involving edema, poor circulation, and high blood pressure."
1700 calories on my non training days, and about 3000 give or take on my training days. My protein intake is something between 85 to 130 grams. Will try to eat more salt then

OP
P

pepzorpdorp

so a lot of fat, then?

i have been dealing with high bp for over a year. a diet low in fat (less than 10g a day) seems to lower it in my case. maybe you could try that.

magnesium and vit d seem to help me with bp too. it seems lower when i measure it after taking those.

niacinamide is recommended for lowering blood pressure. i can't tell for sure if it helped me, but it can't hurt to try.

exercise (daily walking for half an hour) helps too, of course.

i already mentioned taurine and k2.

i'm not savvy like a lot of guys here at all, i'm just telling you what seems to work for me.

edit: cyproheptadine also has a noticeable bp loweing effect in my experience.
Thanks!

tankasnowgod

The things that seemed to work for me were increasing intake of all the alkaline minerals (calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium), use of thyroid hormone, reducing alcohol intake, weight loss, and iron reduction, primarily through blood donation. Obviously, blood donation lowers it acutely, and it will come back up as your body replaces the lost fluids, but it seems to have long term effects as well.