What Are Some High-calorie Peat Foods? To Gain Weight

Discussion in 'Macros & Micros' started by itsALLgood, May 14, 2015.

1. itsALLgood

itsALLgood Member

Nuts and granola are no longer an option and I can only drink so much whole milk every day...Please suggest some calorie-dense Peat foods/snacks! So far I've found: Whipping cream (35%F), coconut milk, Oskry bars (230 calories a bar - just coconut and brown rice syrup). I'm also trying to avoid things with lots of sugar like ice cream for the moment. Cheese strings aren't ideal but they're practical on the fly...Are cold cuts a big nono? I live in Canada. I've seen pork rinds mentioned I don't know where I can get them here. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ice cream, ruminant meat and a potato, egg nog, cheesecake (free of gums)..u may want to check out the metabolic blueprint cook book for more ideas

3. jyb

jyb Member

If you don't want milk nor ice cream but want calorie then why not dairy double cream? It's really the simplest thing in terms of calories. Unlike butter, you can almost drink it on its own, it's easy to take a lot. I never gained weight from it though, that's not why I take it.

4. tara

tara Member

Do you mean you don't want lots of refined sugar, or are you also avoiding lots of sugar from fruit and milk etc?
    It's not generally Peat's recommendation to eat a low sugar diet, so I'm just trying to figure out what you are trying to avoid, and whether there is a way for it to be Peaty. Are you going for rice syrup because it's more glucose than fructose?
    Dried fruit works for some.
    Cheese.
    Condensed milk.
    Look in recipe section here too.

5. sugarbabe

sugarbabe Member

Cypro helps me put on some weight w/o overeating fatty foods. I am thinking it is due to the stress lowering aspect of it. Lower adrenaline at night when I'm running out of fuel.

6. pboy

pboy Member

celery and cucumbers

7. TheHound

TheHound Member

bump. any other ideas?

8. tara

tara Member

Are you trying to eat calories without eating sugar too?
    Mashed potatoes with cream. Potato chips baked with coconut oil. Ruminant stews. Rice, stirfries with coconut oil. Oyster chowder.

Chocolate. Honey. Sweetened stewed fruit with cream. OJ concentrate, maybe made into jellies. Chocolate sauce made with condensed milk and cocoa or chocolate and maybe coconut oil. Creme brulee.

9. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Writer
    All these. Starch will make you put on weight. Chocolate will get your calories up.

10. Vita3

Vita3 Member

Maybe starch with fat and sugar will make you put on weight.

Snack- dried fruits, chocolate, fresh dates

Smoothies made with coconut milk or milk if you tolerate it

11. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

It's hard to find high calories foods (milk and lactose aside) without starch and with low PUFA. Chocolate and meat are two , but I'm struggling to get enough calories without using 2.5 % milk and potatoes/rice. They both make me really sleepy despite eating fruits, I'd like to try no starch for some time too.
    Has anyone found the holy grail?

12. Marcus1000

Marcus1000 Member

I experimented with a raw milk diet in the past. 3 weeks on 7 quarts of raw whole goat milk daily (~5000 calories), the weird thing is, it was not even hard to do. I did not get tired of the milk at all.

13. JohnA

JohnA Member

I know cereal is frowned upon for its high iron content, but I'm a fan of eating massive bowls of low-fat/no-fat cereal with 1% milk and some coconut oil thrown in. I'll eat out of one of those big mixing bowls and easily consume 1,000+ calories without feeling full. I've also noticed my body digests milk better when the milk is combined with the cereal's sugar and starch vs. just drinking a glass of milk on its own.

14. JohnA

JohnA Member

I also make smoothies with OJ, some bone broth, 1-2 baked potatoes (depending on size), a banana, 2-3 servings of other fruit, and added salt, sugar, and coconut oil. This yields about 1000 calories, which I spread over 2 feedings. The key thing is to prevent satiety. If I ate two plain baked potatoes, I'd be full for hours. With this smoothie, I'm ready for a solid meal much sooner.

Disclosure: I have a Vitamix and also generally have pretty insensitive taste buds (very few foods taste especially good or bad to me). I think this recipe is delicious, but it may come out chunky if you use a weaker blender.