What are good books to learn biology etc to understand the science more deeply?

biggirlkisss

What are good books to learn biology etc to understand the science more deeply? Trying to find them in local library.

mostlylurking

Ray Peat has written several books. In addition, he suggests a book here: Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone. (this link is misnamed)

"A book such as McGavack's The Thyroid, that provides traditional medical knowledge about thyroid physiology, can help to dispel some of the current dogmas about the thyroid."

The most informative things to read are Dr. Peat's articles. This search engine is helpful: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless Use the cell on the left. After you select an article, you can search for your topic by clicking Control (Ctrl key) and F, then type the word in the search bar at the bottom of the screen. That said, reading the entire article is always the best way to go. I find copying/pasting into a Word document formatted with two columns helps me a lot. Then there's space to write notes. Reading multiple times is very helpful for me.

You can also search using this: Ray Peat Search This searches all the interviews. Just type in the key word(s) of your choice.

Tim Lundeen

This is helpful:
Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease (Modern Nutrition in Health & Disease (Shils))
by A. Catherine Ross (Author)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals