What Are Eggs Doing In A Peat Diet?

I wonder why Peat hasn't gone completely PUFA free considering so many people who follow his work have.

Eggs have biotin, cholesterol and edit: choline in large amounts but the PUFA and allergies you can have to it make it a mixed bag.

My dad had/has an egg allergy. I myself used to not be able to eat eggs until a few years ago because they always made me incredibly nauseous. I guess I just broke my bodies immune response to them. I don't usually eat them nowadays.

I wonder how much cholesterol you can make from fructose...

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Is there anything in eggs besides the nutrients that justifies their PUFA? There's a lot of hubub on the RP forum over why you eat an egg/day.

Dr. Peat: "I think eggs contain “biological” factors of various kinds besides the specific essential nutrients."

He's probably referring to lutein and zeaxanthin, among other things.

Stryker

yeah i agree... they must have some unknown super nutrient in them like liver otherwise imo you cant really justify eating them.

unless of course you absolutely enjoy eating eggs then go for it... for me the thought of eating an egg disgusts me and that sulfurous smell when being cooked yeah nah not for me mate

sprinter

Dr. Peat: "I think eggs contain “biological” factors of various kinds besides the specific essential nutrients."

I'm surprised by Peats's response. Seems like BS to me.

What the heck are "biological" factors? He "thinks?" Why does he think that?

Last edited:

nikolabeacon

There are life energies which are responsible for creation and growth of complexity in life creations in Universe. oFor technoacdemic mind full work of Ray looks l ike A Broscience. This is why so many people with techno-academic( devoided of life) . are very often confused by His writings and thus by results from extracting only technical part of his writings. His understanding of life is all about biological complexity of energy of an organism and its place in environment .It is very simple to understand what hE means by biological factors If someone read all of his Articles and Books and make A fuller picture of his writings. Techno-academic thinking about organism is over symplistic . Biological factors refers to complexity of things and to bio (life)energies. Why hE mentions Vernadsky and Blake and many other peoples works, which are considered Broscience, in his writings ? Can art instruct science? HE refers to complex (Meta)physical energies When hE says biological factors. Every food has its own bioenergy and is alive in some sense. Complexity ( proportions of nutrients) and evolution of every food ( Here egg) DESIGNED for our physiology has its own vibration or special effect On our complex organism. Try to make eggs, milk and fruit in A Lab? I mean i am complicating Here something which is very simple to understand. I found Schauberger understanding about life and biology and his Books great for understanding Ray much better. Asking him about this is for me an insult because hE answers this questions in his writings. And hE ALWAYS says "i think " because hE cannot force you to think like him If you dont understand him. And his broad view of things is what makes him so different from healthy and diet aproach of whose internet is full. And some guys extract only this aproach from his work and by this they are destroying his work in a considerable manner. Maybe in the future by understanding mathematical equations in a right way about energy laws in Universe could make us capable of creating certain complex life creations. One example ...Some musical pieces are examples of this understanding how you can create ( by some kind of mathematical formulation of life)an energeticaly charged stimulus and creation which can nourish the life in the organism.

tara

Looking at the animal world, birds tend to follow bigger animals around, like ruminant animals. I used to read farming books and some people recommended, when grazing cattle for example, to follow the cattle a few days later with chickens or some other fowl. Bugs will apparently use the cattle pies as food and when the chickens come in a few days after the cows have left that section, they will spread the poop out in search of bugs, fertilizing the paddock. I love this sort of thing! There are better ways to farm than just having a giant building of 1 animal or a giant field of just 1 crop.
I love it when people develop such sustainable farming methods too.

Scrambled eggs have slightly more PUFA than raw and boiled.
?? Only if you fry them in PUFA containing oil, right?

I'm surprised by Peats's response. Seems like BS to me.

What the heck are "biological" factors? He "thinks?" Why does he think that?
Maybe he recognises that not everything is yet known about the nutrition in foods and their effects in us? He suggests from time to time that it would be good if a great deal more research resource was applied to this area.

Last edited:

biggirlkisss

eggs made me really sick and I still havent been the same digestion wise but I am fine eating them now.

schultz

?Maybe he recognises that not everything is yet known about the nutrition in foods and their effects in us?

I'm sure there is a lot more to learn yet. Liver seems like it holds some mysteries. I'm sure eggs do as well.

DaveFoster

There are life energies which are responsible for creation and growth of complexity in life creations in Universe. oFor technoacdemic mind full work of Ray looks l ike A Broscience. This is why so many people with techno-academic( devoided of life) . are very often confused by His writings and thus by results from extracting only technical part of his writings. His understanding of life is all about biological complexity of energy of an organism and its place in environment .It is very simple to understand what hE means by biological factors If someone read all of his Articles and Books and make A fuller picture of his writings. Techno-academic thinking about organism is over symplistic . Biological factors refers to complexity of things and to bio (life)energies. Why hE mentions Vernadsky and Blake and many other peoples works, which are considered Broscience, in his writings ? Can art instruct science? HE refers to complex (Meta)physical energies When hE says biological factors. Every food has its own bioenergy and is alive in some sense. Complexity ( proportions of nutrients) and evolution of every food ( Here egg) DESIGNED for our physiology has its own vibration or special effect On our complex organism. Try to make eggs, milk and fruit in A Lab? I mean i am complicating Here something which is very simple to understand. I found Schauberger understanding about life and biology and his Books great for understanding Ray much better. Asking him about this is for me an insult because hE answers this questions in his writings. And hE ALWAYS says "i think " because hE cannot force you to think like him If you dont understand him. And his broad view of things is what makes him so different from healthy and diet aproach of whose internet is full. And some guys extract only this aproach from his work and by this they are destroying his work in a considerable manner. Maybe in the future by understanding mathematical equations in a right way about energy laws in Universe could make us capable of creating certain complex life creations. One example ...Some musical pieces are examples of this understanding how you can create ( by some kind of mathematical formulation of life)an energeticaly charged stimulus and creation which can nourish the life in the organism.
pboy is that you?

sprinter

Ray's work never confuses me. I find it to be the exact opposite of "broscience" --real science.

It it beautiful, really, that everything in the universe is vibrating with "life energy." But, if someone asks about the nutrients and PUFAS in eggs, you can't just say you think eggs have "good vibrations" and leave it at that.

So forgive me, deeply enlightened one, this may be my "techno-academic" mind speaking (a mind that somehow manages to be devoid of "LIFE" in a universe where everything is beaming with it), but:

Last edited:

nikolabeacon

Ray's work never confuses me. I find it to be the exact opposite of "broscience" --real science.

It it beautiful, really, that everything in the universe is vibrating with "life energy." But, if someone asks about the nutrients and PUFAS in eggs, you can't just say you think eggs have "good vibrations" and leave it at that.

So forgive me, deeply enlightened one, this may be my "techno-academic" mind speaking (a mind that somehow manages to be devoid of "LIFE" in a universe where everything is beaming with it), but:

Thee easiest way is to mock someone if you are currently not in a position to understand him and extract good things. What is "real" science" ? You wont get answers as long as you deny possibilities and listening to different thinking and try to extract for yourself what is usefull? I am not here to wait for someones" error" and to attack directly them whithout a reason or thinking. Why you feel so angry because of my thoughts? Dont like the complexity?"Negation excludes or suppresses those complex processes of being,* and implants nothing but–at the most–obligation in their place. Undocumented aliens are negated simply, slaves and citizens are negated but with obligations. Religions tell people that their being is immaterial, a ghost that will be o.k. somewhere else forever, if they do their duty now. Having a false consciousness implanted by schools and television, labels and roles take the place of being. A sense of despair and impossibility is right behind the false consciousness." "Physics, in the 20th century, has taken on the Nietzchean subjectivism, claiming to quantize/digitize everything. There is no digital nature, but assertive subjectivism has effectively written quantization into the constitution of science, and into the shadow of the humanities that remains in the corporate universities. Bits of “knowledge” are sold and hoarded, and people who would show that they are something other than knowledge are treated as vandals and worse–Aaron Swartz, for example." "We have evolved a complexity that allows us to "select" a complex kind of environment to which we respond, and our existence depends on the objective interactions between ourselves and our environment. Our consciousness is interaction. It is a condition for action, but it also is derived from our activity in the world. To say that it is "objective" in this way is not to deny the possibility of mistakes and perversions, but it is to claim that in every human idea, perception, or theory there is some truth, something worthwhile, if we are able to extract it" Ray Peat And this guy is someone in the category of Pope Francis ? Or some other tv brainwashing category?

Last edited:

Ideonaut

The World Egg
In the beginning this world was nonexistent. It became existent. It developed. It turned into an Egg.
It lay for the period of a year. It split apart. One of the parts became
silver, one gold.
That which was silver is this earth. That which was gold is the sky. That which was
the outer membrane is the mountains. That which was the inner membrane is clouds
and mist. What were the veins are the rivers. What was the fluid within is the ocean.
What was born from the egg is the sun. When it was born, shouts and hurrahs and
all beings and all desires rose up toward it. Therefore at its rise and at its every
return, shouts and hurrahs and all beings and all desires rise up toward it.
—Chandogya Upanishad, ca. 800 BCE. :)

Nice sounding but primitive BS, having nothing to do with truth and reality. That's religion for you.

ReSTART

I think Ray enjoy eating eggs and sees something in them beyond what can be broken down into vitamins&minerals (at this point at least).

nikolabeacon

Nice sounding but primitive BS, having nothing to do with truth and reality. That's religion for you.
Religion is not a noun. It is a changing Verb.It was just a nice writing. And yes there is some great message from which we can learn . I posted another message from eggs in second post on previous page.So for you BS is Wiliam Blake, Vladimir Vernadsky , Victor Schauberger, Nikola Tesla? Ask Gilbert Ling and Gerald Pollack what is Love?

sprinter

What does this have to do with Eggs? Peat said: "I think eggs contain “biological” factors of various kinds besides the specific essential nutrients." "I think?" "biological factors?" "various kinds?" Oh sure, I'll just except all of this, no further questions asked.

If, everything in the universe has "biological factors," as you say, than just explain to me why you think eggs have "good" ones. And why nuts, seeds, and all the other foods with naturally occurring PUFAs that Peat avoids, do not.

You're thoughts aren't "too complex" for anyone. Please don't go on another flowery, rambling tangent.

"An intellectual is a man who says a simple thing in a difficult way; an artist is a man who says a difficult thing in a simple way."

Now I'm hungry:

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals