What Am I Missing From The Equation?

Coates93

Hi all,

A casual lurker here, just never made a profile until now. I’ve made some adjustments to my lifestyle, and am shedding significantly less but still not 0. I have implemented:

-Higher protein intake (roughly around 150g at 80kg body weight whilst also strength training)
-Around 500ml of whole milk daily
-Sunlight exposure when available (I live in southern Italy, but the sun still doesn’t shine here every day)
-Every other day brushing scalp & hair with reasonably stiff bristles
-More fruit consumption and less grain consumption (sadly said bye to pasta)
-Raw carrot daily, but not used any oil or vinegar with it yet.
-Liver weekly. Unable to purchase
-2 to 3 coffees with milk and sugar daily

I am planning to purchase some aspirin and experiment with that for a while. Also I am going to buy a red light panel for cloudy or rainy days. I did also start to rub small amounts of extra virgin olive oil onto my scalp but stopped as I got scared about it causing oxidative stress.

Is there anything I’m missing as I haven’t seen much noticeable progress quite yet. There’s not at all as much shedding, but there’s still some. In the last year I’ve gone from inbetween a Norwood 2 & 3 to a a definite 3.

*On a side note, I can’t fully grow a beard either at 28 years of age so I can only assume that if I get everything sorted out in my body, then it would fill in; if I was to go bald I could at least hope to compensate with a beard.

Apologies for the long post, but any suggestions or additions are much welcomed. Thank you all.

Hi all,

A casual lurker here, just never made a profile until now. I’ve made some adjustments to my lifestyle, and am shedding significantly less but still not 0. I have implemented:

-Higher protein intake (roughly around 150g at 80kg body weight whilst also strength training)
-Sunlight exposure when available (I live in southern Italy, but the sun still doesn’t shine here every day)

I am planning to purchase some aspirin and experiment with that for a while. Also I am going to buy a red light panel for cloudy or rainy days. I did also start to rub small amounts of extra virgin olive oil onto my scalp but stopped as I got scared about it causing oxidative stress.

Is there anything I’m missing as I haven’t seen much noticeable progress quite yet. There’s not at all as much shedding, but there’s still some. In the last year I’ve gone from inbetween a Norwood 2 & 3 to a a definite 3.

*On a side note, I can’t fully grow a beard either at 28 years of age so I can only assume that if I get everything sorted out in my body, then it would fill in; if I was to go bald I could at least hope to compensate with a beard.

Apologies for the long post, but any suggestions or additions are much welcomed. Thank you all.
I would make sure you use a brush with soft bristles and give stinging nettle a try.

retroactive

Calcium could be a little low? 2.5 g daily might be good. Are you doing anything to mitigate endotoxin?

LuMonty

I would also consider high prolactin as a culprit.

OP
C

Coates93

I would also consider high prolactin as a culprit.
Thanks for your reply.

In all honesty I used to masturbate twice daily minimum and I know that this increases Prolactin so have completely stopped. I believe that sex can also increase this by up to 400% in some reports, so have cut this down as well.

Outside of the above mentioned things, I know that hypothyroidism can cause high Prolactin also, but haven’t run any blood tests yet to find out. Are there any other things that you know of that can potentially lower this level?

OP
C

Coates93

Calcium could be a little low? 2.5 g daily might be good. Are you doing anything to mitigate endotoxin?
Thanks for your reply.

I have upped my milk consumption to 750ml for now but I’m wary of potential continued calcification of hair follicles if my vitamin d, K and A aren’t balanced. Also zinc. Unfortunately I am unable to get oysters where I live, but their mussels grow here a plenty so have included those for the zinc once a week. I could be talking a load of rubbish about the balancing of calcium, vitamin A K and D, but this is just my current understanding.

In terms of endotoxins, I’ve started to implement the famous Ray Peat Carrot salad with coconut oil and lemon juice. It’s too early to tell if it’s doing anything yet.

Aspirin is also on the way

LuMonty

Thanks for your reply.

In all honesty I used to masturbate twice daily minimum and I know that this increases Prolactin so have completely stopped. I believe that sex can also increase this by up to 400% in some reports, so have cut this down as well.

Outside of the above mentioned things, I know that hypothyroidism can cause high Prolactin also, but haven’t run any blood tests yet to find out. Are there any other things that you know of that can potentially lower this level?
I understand how that is. Aside from getting thyroid in order, I've had the most success with dopamine agonists. I use Diamant, adamantane, because it's easy to dose and I don't have side effects, Recently I started combining it with the new Gonadin formulation since it prevents dopamine breakdown. It's been very helpful because I can use less Diamant and less often. Bromocriptine worked, but it was too strong, had too many side effects, and had crappy excipients. I can actually induce some of the side effects with enough Diamant, though it was accidental, but my experience tells me constantly good levels are more important than immediate strength or dose.

OccamzRazer

Hi all,

You might be missing:

- the importance of posture and flexibility
- the importance of glycine
- the importance of pH
- the importance of time :)