What alcohol would be easiest on your liver?

FitnessMike

miquelangeles

Any high quality spirits that are low in methanol. Premium Russian vodka such as Beluga for example.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Any high quality spirits that are low in methanol. Premium Russian vodka such as Beluga for example.
so beer/cider would be worse than wodka?

Phaedrus

Peat has specified “clear, highly distilled” spirits as being less estrogenic than beer, wine, or dark liquor.

“Highly distilled” would typically mean an alcohol that has been distilled in a column still versus a pot still. Distillation with a pot still leaves more flavor in the final product but removes fewer impurities such as residual methanol. Column distillation also is often combined with some kind of charcoal filtration, although some whiskies (most famously Jack Daniels Tennessee whiskey) filter the spirit through charcoal post-distillation.

Some of those clear, highly distilled spirits would be un-aged vodka, gin, as well as some tequila white rum (some tequila and rum are distilled using pot stills, but a skilled distiller will still be able to minimize the methanol content. In other words, go for high quality).

I think Peat has mentioned that he enjoys tequila now and then, but he has also mentioned that pairing alcohol with sugar (especially fructose) is better for the liver. So examples of some Peat-friendly cocktails would be gin and tonic, vodka and orange juice, tequila and Coke, rum and ginger beer.

Cheers!

JamesGatz

The crazy thing is - I get estrogenic effects from beer but on liquor I'm fine as long as I'm not overdoing it - instinctively I've been craving liquor more often surely there must be reputable benefits

AlaskaJono

tequila and Coke
I don't always drink Tequila, but when I do, it is straight. Definitely a high quality tequila should be pure, with perhaps a few drops of lime. Also lots of high quality clean vodka and gin now through the Rise of the Distilleries lately. Enjoy safely.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals